Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Sport Trac Over Explorer

I actually traded in my 06 explorer for an 07 sport trac. Part of it had to do with the awesome end of year deals they had going on but I also like the st better. I do alot of camping and found it frustrating having to make sure and put something down in the back of the explorer if I wanted to...
  2. C

truck bed cover options

Hello all. I just purchased my 07 sport trac last week and I love it. Traded in my 06 explorer. The one option it didn't have was the hard bed cover that locks. I've looked on ford's website and to buy it there, it's almost $1200. I would like one that I can lock or is not openable with the...
  3. C

Upgrade questions on new 06 XLT

Where can I find these stick-on keypads? That sounds interesting to me. I also looked into installing the auto lights. If you do a search in the forum, there are some articles about it. Most mention getting a rear-view mirror from an older explorer that has the auto lights installed. You...
  4. C

"Audiophile" Stereo?

Yea, the radio still works that way. I'm just used to being able to take my keys out and listen for a few mins. Not a huge deal though, just one of those annoying things. Especially since I can't figure out how to fix it. :)
  5. C

"Audiophile" Stereo?

I'm just used to sitting in my car if there is something good on the radio for a few minutes without it running. It's just a convience thing. Wasn't sure is there was just a different power wire I needed to connect to.
  6. C

"Audiophile" Stereo?

Can anyone help me out here??
  7. C

Power Question

Anyone???????
  8. C

Power Question

I have a 2006 Explorer that had the stock stereo in it. I just replaced that stereo with a Kenwood HU and have a couple questions. First off, I used the metra harness and now, when I take my keys out of the ignition, the radio turns off instead of waiting until the door is opened. Is there a...
  9. C

"Audiophile" Stereo?

Ok, got a question for everyone here. I just replaced my head unit and used the 70-5520 harness. Now my stereo shuts off as soon as I turn the vehicle off instead of when I open the door. Any way to fix that? Also, when I pulled out my old radio, it had two connectors plugged into it. What...
  10. C

06 explorer stereo

I actually just purchased a new Kenwood DPX-301 stereo. I got it off ebay for half the price as crutchfield. I think I will just plug my original Sirius tuner into that stereo.
  11. C

06 explorer stereo

That would be great. thanks
  12. C

06 explorer stereo

Thanks for the info. I was at a dealership this week and the accessories guy told me that Ford does not currently make the Sirius receiver for my HU because it has the aux button on it. There used to be another company that made them but Ford shut them down. They will be introducing their own...
  13. C

06 explorer stereo

Hello all. I just bought a used 06 explorer that has the factory stereo in it but does not have the sirius piece in it. I don't need anything fancy so here are the options I am looking at. 1) Keep existing radio and get the sirius piece. Anyone know where I could get one of these? The...
  14. C

Instrument Panel Lights

So, ford still uses instrument gauges that use LED's? That's interesting. Most companies are using a new technology where the light is actually in the gauges themselves. Bad thing about that is you can't always change their color.
  15. C

Satellite Radio

Yea, I don't see XM buying Siruis anytime soon. Sirius has more new subscribers than XM for 4 straight quarters. Anyways though, I digress.. Any idea how I can get Sirius to play through my stock hu?
  16. C

Satellite Radio

Have you had any luck finding out any information? I am in the same boat. bought an 06 explorer that did not have the sirius box installed. Any help would be appreciated. I understand the stock hu is an Audiophile but I have also heard it's an off-brand of a pioneer radio. Can anyone...
  17. C

Automatic Headlights

My 2006 Explorer did not come with automatic headlights so I have to manually turn them on and off when driving at night. Is there any mod I can do to add this functionality?
  18. C

Front License Plate Holder

Actually, there will be 3 i the bumper because there are three rivits holding it on. That's still better than having the plastic license plate holder on the front. I will give this a try over the weekend. Thanks for the tip.
  19. C

Front License Plate Holder

Greetings everyone. I just purchased a used 2006 Explorer last weekend. So far I love it! I do, however, have a desire to take the front license plate holder off. I live in AZ and we don't need a front plate. I looked at this last night and it appears the plastic license plate holder is...
Back