Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Test Drivers Wanted

These aren't really for test purposes... we're just offering these slightly enhanced versions of the product for anyone who might like the extra protection they would offer against issues arising from high levels of leakage in the valve body. You're right about the changes though... it's...
  2. A

Test Drivers Wanted

Just to give you all an update, we are in production on this part now, and they are being sold through our distribution center to the normal BW customers, mostly larger distributors and transmission repair chains. Based on feedback from our customers, we have made a couple more small...
  3. A

4X4 on dry and snow

Aside from the 4x4 problem, having your rear tires be smaller than the front can lead to unexpected oversteer. If you're tires can't be the same size, you might would rather have the larger ones on the rear.
  4. A

Test Drivers Wanted

While I'm personally somewhat in favor of us setting up an internet store that you could buy these from directly, the present arrangement is that our factory sells them to a BorgWarner distribution site who then sells them to our actual customers, who are some of the larger transmission...
  5. A

5R55E - Help, it doesn't move in any gear

Is it possible that the transmission pump seized and then a shaft broke or something? The no start on the engine followed by no transmission activity sounds like something might have been bound up and then either broke or blew a seal completely when the engine did turn. Just a wag.
  6. A

Test Drivers Wanted

Good notes all around. As for the tightening the VB bolts, for an explanation of why they loosen so often in these transmissions, check out the "4R44E, 5R55E Case Wall Movement..." article here. http://www.sonnax.com/tech_info_results.php?subcategory_id=8&go=GO The first time I installled...
  7. A

Test Drivers Wanted

You're welcome, and thank YOU for going through the trouble of digging into your transmission for us. The slightly firmer shift is a good sign; the EPC calibrations were targeted about 5 psi higher than the OE brand for a couple of reasons. On vehicles that don't have adapt logic, this...
  8. A

Test Drivers Wanted

Nice pictures, and thanks for the compliment. The black coating on the case is "black oxide." We use it on some steel parts to prevent corrosion during storage, although the oil from our calibration and test process is usually more than enough protection. For now, the plan is to keep the...
  9. A

Test Drivers Wanted

Excellent!:thumbsup::D To answer the other question, the coordinator was given 24 parts total... 19 in the first group plus another 5 on Friday of last week. I don't know how many participants we've got signed up yet, but the coordinator [or I] will post a note when we've got all we want.
  10. A

Test Drivers Wanted

EPCs are on the way via UPS ground. We were hoping for Wednesday or Thursday last week, but our coordinator actually shipped the first batch on Friday, so they should be arriving today or tomorrow to most locations.
  11. A

Test Drivers Wanted

For what it's worth, yesterday afternoon, I installed one of the fleet test samples in our local test vehicle, the 2002 Sport Trac. The procedure went well, although as many times as I've been in this transmission, I should've installed a drain plug the first time I took the pan off. All the...
  12. A

Test Drivers Wanted

If you don't mind, send me a PM with your name and e-mail address. I'll try to e-mail you from my account and see if that comes through.
  13. A

Test Drivers Wanted

The company we've got running our fleet test is Valley Tool, a close neighbor to our manufacturing plant. The proprietor is an exceedingly entrepreneurial fellow and a great partner to our operation.
  14. A

Test Drivers Wanted

Jimbo74, have you been notified that you're in? I think I see you on our list, but if you haven't received an e-mail, I can let the coordinator know to try sending it again.
  15. A

Test Drivers Wanted

Well, on the advice of our engineering manager, we're actually shooting for a number higher than 15 now, so anyone out there's who's still interested, please let the coordinator know. Once we've got enough participants to satisfy everyone, the coordinator will post a note letting everyone...
  16. A

Test Drivers Wanted

To clarify, the $100 is to be sent within 30 days after the test part is installed and items 1 thru 17 of the survey form are filled in and returned. Item 17 is transmission performance immediately after installation of the EPC, so basically the first time you drive it after putting it in...
  17. A

Test Drivers Wanted

If the fleet test coordinator hasn't notified that you haven't been selected, then you may still be in. Last I checked, we didn't have all 15 of the participants we were looking for, so I don't think we were excluding any applicants yet. Actually, we are also looking for a few vehicles that...
  18. A

Test Drivers Wanted

Mileage doesn't matter. We're trying to get a mix of vehicles, drivers, locations, etc., to make sure our part works everywhere.
  19. A

Test Drivers Wanted

Anyone wishing to participate in the vehicle testing of a new EPC for the 5R55E transmission, please send an e-mail with “5R55E Fleet Test” as the subject and with the following information to Cwashington@valleytoolinc.com : 1. Name. 2. City and State of residence. 3. Vehicle type (year...
  20. A

A Modest proposal for those 5R55E Owners - EPC Solenoid Replacement Proposal

Now that you mention it, 12 pages is a lot to read through to find out this is still a go. I'll start a fresh one. Thanks.
  21. A

FYI: We have 7 participants for a total of 8 vehicles so far. The fleet test coordinator should be sending an e-mail confirming their selection and with our survey form attached. We are shooting for a total of 15 vehicles, so anyone still interested, please send an e-mail per the notice on...
  22. A

Well, the proof may be in your pudding, so to speak, but the differences between the big old green filtered part and the smaller newer red filtered part seem mostly to be in the size and resistance/inductance of the coil. Based on the newer vehicles having logic to check the inductive signature...
  23. A

We didn't benchmark as many of the green filtered parts as we did the later version [just one], but based on the similarity of its performance to the others, our expectation is that the solenoid we've developed should replace both the red and green filtered OE solenoids. If you'd like to...
  24. A

Suggestions for a Transmission DTC Scanner

I bought software/hardware from www.obd-2.com to collect information from the various transmissions we've developed aftermarket solenoids for. Couldn't be happier. The website isn't fancy, but the software and hardware are pretty impressive.
  25. A

Hello again. We are back. I apologize for the long delay, but there have been some significant organizational changes within our company since the last time we posted here. To make a long story short, however, there is still a need for fleet test participants. Glacier is correct, we...
Back