Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

1994 Explorer Sport won't shift while running

When did the problem start? if it started right after the new clutch have you properly bled the system? Have you checked the fluid level and did you replace the slave cylinder when the new clutch was installed? Slave cylinder failure is more common than master cylinder failure.
  2. 9

show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread

Man I've missed alot! lol Whats Froader doing now?
  3. 9

Dang looks alot like FROADER's explorer.
  4. 9

Oh ok yea I'm in Memphis
  5. 9

Where's Lenoir City? Very nice btw
  6. 9

Something w/ rabbits. 72.5 pages of BS

What muffler setup are you planning to use? Dual in/Single out, Dual in/Dual out, turndowns etc.. and what type of muffler. Headers look awesome btw. Will they fit on a stock bodied explorer.
  7. 9

4.0L OHV Cylinder Heads questions

Ah I knew it. I almost just went ahead on and put the 98TM head on there. But no I dont have it off just yet, planning to do that monday. However I did place an order with EQ earlier today with next day air shipping and he was very very helpful.
  8. 9

Alright thanks alot. I dont understand why the companies keep saying that they are the same. I've called around to a couple different places and I explain to them about the 98TM vs the 95TM and they are like theres no difference. I'm going to have to go with engine quest though it seems.
  9. 9

Head differences 95-97TM vs 98TM

Yea thats the same article TRS has on there website that I posted. I found my info in the link Turdle provided.
  10. 9

So then it would be a bad idea to replace just one 95TM with a 98TM head correct?
  11. 9

Anyone?
  12. 9

Alright heres the situation. My moms 97 Explorer has a stuck or not properly seating valve on the passenger side head so I found it cheaper to just buy a remanufactured head to replace it. Well I ordered one from Odessa Cylinder Head on Ebay and stated I need a 97TM head with a "U" cast...
  13. 9

Thinking of an Supercharger or Turbo setup what do you think?

No its not a direct bolt on you will need to fabricate an adapter. I remeber reading a few threads on it a long time ago. Do a search for something like 3.8 supercharger and you should be able to find a couple of threads..
  14. 9

Manual Tranny

Yea the "gray" fluid you describe was caused by all the little peices of silver metal in the fluid. Definately not a good sign.
  15. 9

Thinking of an Supercharger or Turbo setup what do you think?

Dont the later model (95tm-97tm) heads raise the compression? I know the combustion chamber is different
  16. 9

Something w/ rabbits. 72.5 pages of BS

Hmmm interesting
  17. 9

Show us your custom bumper photos!!

Burns, how many more Explorers do you have lol
  18. 9

Theives that sucks. If not I wouldnt trust those cinder blocks. They actually break pretty easy.
  19. 9

Auto to Manual Tranny swap

Yea the later models actually had an EGR system whereas the 91 and early 92s didnt have one at all and only had one O2 sensor instead of the two found on later model first gens.
  20. 9

Worst stuck pic thread

HA! Ive been stuck worse than that.
  21. 9

Help!! Clutch line quick disconnect doesnt fit

Sorry I should have been more specific the male end is the part that comes in two different colors. But yes if you file the o-ring end(remove the o-ring first lol) it will slide in. Also if you keep trying to force it in you can see exactly where its hitting at.
  22. 9

Yea there are two different slave cylinder/clutch line combinations depeding on year(alot of people dont know this but obviously me and you have found out the hard way). There is a gold/brass colored diconnect and there's the black one. You can use this at your own discretion but if your quick...
  23. 9

Turns out the clutch shattered, I went to pull the pressure plate off the flywheel and peices of the clutch came falling out.
  24. 9

TTB Radius Arms - Superlift Replacements???

Ahh that seems like a good idea right there.
  25. 9

Non op heater vent over stereo, any one use it?

Yea and like anime said if you go to the junkyard and pick up the vent from a 4wd drive model the hole is already cut out.
Back