Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Test Drivers Wanted

I actually spoke with Cayce Washington and he said that no one will be back in their offices until Monday the 7th. I am also waiting for my check right now. I actually have a question for you guys though. I installed the new EPC, but now I actually HAVE 2-3 flare and I never had it before...
  2. B

Test Drivers Wanted

I got mine today, however I am in College and have a lot of work between now and the 14th (Finals...ugghhh). However when Saturday the 15th rolls around she's going in. Any tips from you guys that have already done yours?
  3. B

My rear bumper with swingout tire carrier

Can you please show how you reinforced the spindle or hinge that you used for the swing away carrier. Also, does anyone know of a quality hinge and where I can find it? Thanks, Big red
  4. B

How to: The Comprehensive Brown Wire Mod Thread

Can you please explain exactly which side of the brown wire, after its been cut, runs to the TCCC. I followed the y up from the bottom and cut it after the split to the left. Now would the wire that continues left be the TCCC wire or the one that has the rest of the y or split in it (goes...
  5. B

brown wire mod on my truck

PWM signal?
  6. B

Not at all, thanks for the help I really appreciate it. Maybe when I figure it out I'll let you know and we'll both end up a gaining a bit of knowledge. thanks again
  7. B

IZwack, you are correct, I do not want 2lo. But, my dash know is labeled, as briwayjones said, 2wd, 4auto, 4lo. I just want to have true, or complete 4hi. And this thread covers that for the 95's and 96's. As I understood it, 97and up Ex's do the mod for 2lo. And 95/96's do the mod for...
  8. B

Please explain what you have to do with a simple on-off switch in a 95/96 to get the stock functions and to gain 4wd high when bwm is functioning properly. Thanks
  9. B

Ok, I don't need 2lo, I just want 4hi, and so far, through this entire thread, you have made the most sense.(other than the actual write-up) I have a 96 and want 4hi, which according to you means that I only need a 2 position on/off switch. In the off position I will have normal function...
  10. B

A4LD to 4R44E Swap

Hey, I was looking at your post and I realized that you made the same mistake that I made. If you are planning on doing the swap you will want to get the 4R55E not the 4R44E because the 4R44E is out of a 3.0L Ranger (I've been told) whereas the 4R55E is out of a 4.0L Explorer (95-96). Just an...
  11. B

4R55E vs. A4LD

Hey guys, just a quick question. Can you take a 4R55E out of a 96 Ex. and put it into a 1991 in place of a A4LD? I am pretty sure you can't but I just wanted to make vere sure. If you can't, is there any way to modify either the tranny or engine to make it fit? My 1991 A4LD has been dead for...
  12. B

!@#$ Dead Tranny...what to do?

If I do find a manual X cheap, does everything work to just start swapping? I mean can you just bold a manual tranny up or do you need conversion hardware? If you can't tell...I am clueless. Thanks again, Big Red
  13. B

My dad said that he tried to put more fluid in but after about two quarts it started leaking out again, so there is deffinately a seal that is broken (at the very least). Also from what I hear, the shop said that the tranny was driven for too long while it was empty so something burnt? I am...
  14. B

So, I was just doing some light trails with a friend out on their property when I sunk into a hole and bottomed out. I started spinning tires like crazy trying to get but to no avail. About 15 minutes later we finally got my Ex. pulled out and it looked like she had been shot and bled to...
  15. B

Rear Bumper with Swing Out Tire Carrier PICS added

Talk about bringing an old thread back to life! Any way I will try to make this quick. I understand that you guys use a 1 1/4" trailer spindle for the swing out tire carrier. But what I don't understand is 1: what goes over the spindle and 2: where do I get one? Any way thanks for the great...
  16. B

Changing fluids...big problem with tranny

Thanks, but I was hoping to drain all the old fluid. Doesn't dropping the pan only replace about 6 quarts of about 15? Is there any way to drain all the fluid?
  17. B

Changing fluids...big problem with tranny

Well, I would like to change the fluids in both my differentials, tranny, and engine oil. Luckily engine oil is a no brainer and I think I am good there. But I need some help on the others. I searched them and got a lot of write ups about mostly 2nd gen ex's. I need to know if there is a...
  18. B

Homemade shackles

Does anyone have a diagram of the shackles? How long and wide? obviously they're .5" thick. Thanks!
  19. B

mufflers...

OK, I think I have decided to do one of two mufflers. Either the Flowmaster SUV 50 series or to go with the Super 40 flowie. Any advice, sound, or experience on either of these would be appreciated.
  20. B

is there anyone??

I would do a 3" BL, coil spacers in the front, and AAL with shackles in the back.
  21. B

mufflers...

The thing is, like I said, I am not necessarily going for loud. I deffinately want louder than what I have, but I just want something that is noticeable and has some beef. I know I can't make it sound like a V8 but I just want it to have a much deeper tone and gain some loudness. I hope this...
  22. B

mufflers...

93Explorer4life. Do you have any sound clips, that would really help me out a lot.
Back