Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 1

5.0 Swap 92 2wd

I finally did it. After many months of idle. I bit the bullet and bought a 5.0/C4 combo from a workmate/friend. This unit originally was from a mustang I am told. Previous owner converted it from F.I. to Holley 4-BBL and Edelbrock performer intake. It was used in a 32 Ford rod, and replaced when...
  2. 1

Lowering first Gen Explorer.

more pix Yeah no problem. I will dig them up and post.
  3. 1

2 Questions answered 1. Paint is original, allthough it is starting to age so a re-coat is due. Paint Code is: YN = Silver Metallic 2. I will hunt down some more pictures for you if you want but it was quite simple. There was no Limited valances around when I was doing this so I took some...
  4. 1

Closer to Ground 92 2WD Cut front springs to about 2 inch lower. Running 17" Mustang GT wheels. with 235 65 17 Goodyears. As of last night at Midnight, I'm re-aligned using adjustable bushings. New Monroes in place also. Cut springs give a bounce ride so im ordering new springs made...
  5. 1

Alternator Charging system intermitant

Hi everybody, long time since I have needed to ask a question, but i have a intermitant Alternator problem. In a 1992 4.0 completely stock Explorer. Battery is good. Starts every time. Occasionally when I am driving it drops down to battery voltage and I can see no alternator output. I...
  6. 1

Police SUV interceptor rims

Im sorry Im confused...is this not an explorer chat thread?
  7. 1

I am currently looking at my options...

I am currently looking at my options...
  8. 1

Quick question... Water pump bolts

bolts thin, what does that mean? The corrosion that occurs in the water pump housing bolts makes me think that there is some additional chemical/electro reasons for the variance. Anyone got a response? Maybe a ground strap kinda device between the water pump housing and motor block is...
  9. 1

if its wet replace it Itsa well known fact that if its wet - replace it. Many pumps have weeping hole(s) in bottom and if the seals fail the pump will leak from the small hole. It is a tell-tale sign it's time to order up yourself a new pump.
  10. 1

Gas Mileage for a '92 XLT

<GRIN> Better mileage :D On my recent trip through mountain highway roads averaged 11.1 L/100km which is BETTER by >10% :thumbsup: than government website (for 4WD Auto 4dr) = 25.4 MPG Imp or = 21.3 MPG US or = 645 km range per tank or = 400 miles
  11. 1

Boilin' Over!

Trip thru Mountains... BTW :D - Took my new girlfriend for a spin last week thru the mountains as I mentioned in earlier post - but here's the interesting bit... In combined flat & Mountain Highway run, I got a best of 11.1 L/100km consumption at speeds between 100 - 125 km/hr over 2500 km...
  12. 1

Boilin' Over!

Holy Hose Horrors Batman! That is one ugly lookin heater core. Hella' a mess Shamaal! I never saw any sort of bits in all of the flushings i attempted...and I flushed in both directions with and without tstat in place. and the hoses didnt look too bad...but that photo of yours -...
  13. 1

Boilin' Over!

Lifetime!!! Well thankz...when I get back home after my holidays I be draggin that plastic-tank wrapped peice of Aluminum ( and source of much suffering...) back to The Auto parts store it was obtained from...:D
  14. 1

Boilin' Over!

takin it fer a ride YEAH I been doin' about 2500 km since that last post...over the mountains and across the prairies... OH and BrooklynBay... The Replacement Rad that was bad was a "MODINE" 2 row, a direct replacement for the Auto, 4.0 4wd C/w towing package rad. The one I replaced it...
  15. 1

Boilin' Over!

Yee-Hah! Dang that rad must have been constructed faulty. They must have built it with blocked passages where the auto trans fluid section goes thru or sumthin because the new one works WAY better. as my pal Stimpy would say: :D Happy Happy Joy Joy :D LOL a complete cooling system...
  16. 1

Boilin' Over!

okay day 7 of this escapade... LOL~! Ok. I talked to a Ford Dealer Service tech today and he says he is the Original owner of a 91 EX with the exact same symptoms allthough not quite as bad. He says he got his RAD flow tested and it was bad...He says he plans to replace his rad in the next few...
  17. 1

Boilin' Over!

So after work I drove 1 mile to brothers house - attached a flush kit and flushed the dang thing out for 1 hour. Then I drove home but temp kept crawling higher evertime I went up a hill or gave it enough gas to get to highway speed. So I kept to the back roads - kept it at 60kph or less and...
  18. 1

Boilin' Over!

Next Days Events Okay, This morning I drove it to Dealership - The Service Manager (Friend of mine) came out to greet me with his temp reader gun in hand... I had driven aprox 25 Km on highway to this point and the needle was showing at L on gauge. Temps aprox were... 220 at base of...
  19. 1

Boilin' Over!

WELL... I aint got NO antifreeze in it right now - it burps out too much to try with antifreeze. I know H2O is a better heat transfer medium than glycol so i have not tried antifreeze yet - got to get it to stop overheating before I add the exspensive stuff. Fan Clutch is good because I swapped...
  20. 1

Boilin' Over!

tried a new cap (stant 13 lb) and a old tried and true cap off of my other truck. Cap holds except when engine is very hot... but thanks fer the suggestion
  21. 1

Its that time. Im getting some paint.

maybe a difrent theme? I dunno i always liked this truck...red n' black is good... http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1207/911804115_cea7790c9d.jpg?v=0
  22. 1

Boilin' Over!

hmmm, well... as fer clogged cat - it just went thru "AIR-CARE" in Feb which is our dyno testing smog test for lisence in our parts - and she passed - so I'm sure it isnt that cause it drives / feels the same - really seems to breath fine. (As well i've done new air filter and cleaned the MAFS...
  23. 1

Boilin' Over!

I got a 92 Ex 4.0 V6 Auto Eddie B with 200K. It OVERHEATS BAD, but ONLY ON HIGH SPEEDS. okay I done some work on it but im starting to pull my scalp offa my head. so far i have: -New H2O Pump (Proven - from another truck with less than 10K) -New T'stat (tried 2 a used one from a another...
  24. 1

What generation Explorer do you have?

It only lets me vote once - but i have 2 92' ex's lol
  25. 1

he11 yeah them bolts DO break... i wuz pullin the bolts out of 2 92 explorers simultaneously this last weekend. 1 had a 1 year old new pump one and the other had the original with 200K on it. Using a 1/4 inch drive i broke 1 bolt off. My brother, (who has the magic touch) was able to remove the...
Back