Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Show us your custom bumper photos!!

Sorry, I just saw the post... I think I got the last one. :) They were originally made for the Ranger and you may convince them to make one for you...they told me no at first, to fit the X on the stock mounts you have to redrill the holes and I told them I had a 3" body lift, but it was...
  2. C

Official Ny Thread!!

Got your PM, sorry, but work has been eating up all my time...I should get the updates to this post so I'll keep in the loop. If I can I'll make it to where ever.
  3. C

2001 XLT D44-SAS

I'll take some pics some time today. I've been off the board for a long time, but I'll be bouncing in and out here and there. One thing though- I would never again go shackle forward. The ride sucks!
  4. C

2001 XLT D44-SAS

I'm kinda back... :) Ok, some changes made since last I was here. I went shackle forward since it corrected my pinion angle to perfection. I now have a couple of degrees negative caster. Rides fine, but I haven't gotten her over 45mph yet. Returns to center after a turn...basically...
  5. C

Yomies D30 SAS

Those leafs worked out just fine... ;)
  6. C

2001 XLT D44-SAS

I haven't gotten to tweak her yet...so no offroading this year. I've been doing major construction on the house, had a big cinder block shed buit to replace the home depot tin shed...it holds all my stuff very nicely :) and I had concrete work done in front and in the rear so I've got a nice...
  7. C

2001 XLT D44-SAS

I'm thinking of Road Armor front and rear bumpers- they're looking SWEET! But unless I beef up the suspension I doubt they'd be good for the street.
  8. C

2001 XLT D44-SAS

What circles? :p In the words of the immortal Bad Santa - Are You F#$@in with me? :D
  9. C

2001 XLT D44-SAS

Exactly what I thought!
  10. C

2001 XLT D44-SAS

My new baby- 01 Econoline 350XLT. She's gonna cart me around while I tweak the X.
  11. C

2001 XLT D44-SAS

It's nice to be sort of back. I bought a house and now the extra wheels, things have been a little hectic, but there's a light at the end of the tunnel and I can breathe a little. I'm currently caught up in the make the new vehicle livable phase...stereo a little bit of armor. This is NY...
  12. C

2001 XLT D44-SAS

Ok, the time has just about come to put her in again and redo some of the stuff I wish I'd done differently. I bought an 01' E350 XLT 12 seater, very nice truck I might add, and I'll be using that until my Baby is done. I've accumulated some of the stuff I need, just a few more parts and...
  13. C

BL help!

You can't work the sleeves free and reinsert them? Soak'em in WD or Deep Creep overnight and try punching the bolt through... I'm thinking you'll need the sleeves for stability...I did mine so long ago I don't even remember if/what the function of the sleeves were, but I'm gonna venture to...
  14. C

Engine Knock and Miss

Cool. Wonder if my intermittent miss is injector related. I know I've got a bad tick and I'm leaning more towards a bad lifter...
  15. C

Engine Knock and Miss

There is a way to check the injectors, but I don't know- if you use the search you should be able to come up with it. Otherwise one of the 4.0 guys may have some tips for you, bump the thread once or twice if no one responds...
  16. C

Replace Running Boards with Tubular Step Bars?

Bolt on yes, one thing to consider- I've noticed they tend to flex...honest opinion forego the nerfs and think up something else...make/get some sliders they'd probably hold up much better due to better construction/materials.
  17. C

Replace Running Boards with Tubular Step Bars?

I'll second that, mine have a hole rotted out on the drivers side rear bottom portion of the tube. Nice size hole at that...I keep putting a lot of weight on it getting in and out hoping it'll screw up and give me an excuse to make sliders. :D
  18. C

Show us your custom bumper photos!!

Front TrailReady Ranger bumper 1/8" plate, 1/4" subframe with additional 3"s of surface area to accomodate the 3" BL. About 300lbs with the winch. This was of course before the addiction totally took control... (lost photos) Rear is homemade (addiction now taking over), 1/8" plate, 4x4x1/8"...
  19. C

Engine Knock and Miss

I thought some of these things had a knock related to the timing chain tensioners...unless that's only the V8s (don't know what you've got). A bad injector will cause a miss though.
  20. C

2001 XLT D44-SAS

Here's some of the links I've read/been reading... http://www.off-road.com/jeep/tech/convaxle/ihscout/ http://www.4x4wire.com/jeep/tech/axle/conv/dana44/fsj-cj/ http://www.4x4wire.com/jeep/projects/yjtransformation/...
  21. C

2001 XLT D44-SAS

I have links on 3 different computers...I'll try and post a looooooonnnngggg list of links for everything I read before starting the SAS. Best place to start is by reading all the SAS threads here first. I'll post the links tonight. You're in for a long read...
  22. C

2001 XLT D44-SAS

Ok, I've come to the determination that buggy leafs are definitely not the way to go with an Explorer. The truck is way too heavy and when you go high the combo doesn't make for good results. I could have fabbed up a means of bolting them in a locked position for the street, but it would have...
  23. C

2001 XLT D44-SAS

Geez!! Two years!! I'ma have to get in there and take it out. :D Sounds like I'll be old and way more grey than I am now before it burns out. :p
  24. C

2001 XLT D44-SAS

Definitely, when you plan this you can save a lot by planning it correctly and avoid having to revisit things you should have just waited on or spent the coupla extra dollars for in the first place. The only way I know of to get that done it to have the axle made. There are no 5 to 6 lug...
  25. C

2001 XLT D44-SAS

If you're doing what's called a "knuckle out" then you have to use all the associated parts for that particular make/model. With some caveats- most of the parts are interchangable from one manufacturer (Ford/GMC) to another. I went with Bronco knuckles, spindles, caliper brackets, calipers...
Back