Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

I need help installing my 73mm C&L Meter

bump....
  2. F

I think I am just going to keep bumping this thread until one day I get an answer.... come on, somebody here has to know the answer to this!
  3. F

bump...this is a thread I created three years ago and I still have this unused MAF housing I bought. Does anybody know if I can buy a Mustang MAF sensor to work with this housing on my 2000 OHV explorer? I know I would have to have my tune updated which I need done anyways for my new...
  4. F

Parting out 95 XLT

Sweet! I have a 2000 OHV
  5. F

Parting out 95 XLT

Do you have the throttle body dust cover? Should have 2 screws with it with one of the screws going into the top of the throttle body. I would need a picture though because I have a 2000.
  6. F

P0171 P0174 CEL with headers. Ignore?

bump....Anybody know where I can find that throttle body cover or know what size screw it is?
  7. F

Where would I find the correct piece to "step the nipple size to the correct size to make the hose fit tightly"? Would this be at an auto parts store? EDITED: I went to Advanced Auto and bought a 1/2 foot long 7/32" vacuum hose line. One end fit perfectly over the BBK nipple, the other end...
  8. F

Well I looked around the throttle body area and I noticed what appears to be a disconnected vacuum line! Here is a picture. What does this connect to? I have a 2000 4.0 ohv. Uploaded with ImageShack.us This second picture is a closeup of my BBK throttle body. Is this hole supposed to...
  9. F

If you are trying to scare me, then you are doing a good job! Just kidding. Yea I agree that I need to fix the problem asap. Luckily I only have a 2 mile commute to work so I don't drive it that much. I can't just stop driving it as it is my only means of transportation. I'm going to ask a...
  10. F

Thanks....I may try the sea foam idea soon. I don't think I will take the chance of the carb cleaner or starting fluid. I don't work on cars much at all so that makes me too nervous. I ran sea foam several years ago once so I am somewhat familiar with how to do it. You are correct in my...
  11. F

Thanks for info guys. The check engine light was actually on before they did the work and it is was initiated me to have my car checked out. I took it to a local repair shop that "specializes in Fords" and they said my head gasket was leaking, camshaft position assembly was bad (car was...
  12. F

NO!!!! After driving about 10 miles today, the check engine light came back on. Same P0171 and P0174 codes. UGH! After searching on here it looks like the fuel pump could be another possibility but I'm not about to have that changed without doing some testing on it. How can you diagnose...
  13. F

Well I think I fixed the problem tonight. I replaced the 10 year old KKM filter with the K&N FIPK kit and I cleaned the MAF sensor with MAF cleaner. Just drove about 10 miles accelerating pretty hard and the check engine light didn't come on. Hopefully this fixed the problem and gets me a...
  14. F

I have the following two codes: P0171 System too Lean (Bank 1) P0174 System too Lean (Bank 2) I have searched on here a lot but I think my situation is a little unique. I have the KKM air filter, BBK throttle body, and then BBK headers. I had some maintenance guys replace my head gaskets...
  15. F

I've now had my 2000 Explorer for 10 years!

Well one more year down on this explorer. I have now had it for 11 years! Today I just got it back from a small local maintenance shop that I had two guys do LOTS of work to: 1) Replace both head gaskets (leaking) with a complete head gasket kit 2) Replace camshaft synchronizer assembly and...
  16. F

2001 Ford Explorer Tune Up

Welcome to the forum. Search is your friend. There are hundreds and hundreds of good threads on this already.
  17. F

tt twist

Investment? HA, that is funny. You are driving a 10 year old explorer. Nothing you do to it is an INVESTMENT. It is an expensive hobby with probably about a 90% loss of value on the "investment" mods. But there are TONS of topics about the TT on here. I did the TT on my explorer 10 years...
  18. F

Replace Control Arms with ball joints?

Thanks guys. JCat: You said it took you 4 hours to install that entire kit. If I am having a mobile mechanic install just the upper control arms with ball joints and lower ball joints, how long do think that should take him? Looks like it is going to cost me $272 in parts for the MOOG...
  19. F

Replace Control Arms with ball joints?

I've searched and searched and found lots of good help but I still have some basic questions regarding control arms vs ball joints. I have a 2000 2wd explorer with 85k miles and all original ball joints and control arms. I did the torsion twist and shackles back in 2001 and I think this put...
  20. F

mustang throttle body on explorer

I don't think they are compatible. I bought one from a mustang board a few years back thinking it would work on my 2000 explorer. the design is a little bit different and won't fit. I'm not sure if all of the mustangs use the same body or not. I still have mine sitting in my closet.
  21. F

Head gasket leaking. Ford quoted $1000.

Bob Hurley Ford in Tulsa.....Same place I bought the Explorer new 11 years ago. Nope he said $975 for parts and labor. I too am a bit skeptical as it was a quote over the phone.
  22. F

Head gasket leaking. Ford quoted $1000.

I recently took my 2000 Explorer into a local repair shop that specializes in Ford products. They diagnosed my car and determined that my head gaskets are leaking on both sides. They quoted me $1300-$1500. I called my local Ford dealership here in Tulsa and they quoted me about $975 to have...
  23. F

I've now had my 2000 Explorer for 10 years!

My dad bought my brand new 2000 Explorer for me ten years ago when I had just turned 18. I am now 28 and I plan to keep this thing for another 5 if it will let me. As you can see in my signature, I put a decent amount of mods to it, but nothing major. I haven't posted on here in a long time...
Back