Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 1

Body bolt sizes?

I also went on a hunt for the bolts for positions "B" and "C". I had t sleeves with me, and the new prothane bushings. I went to Ace Hardware, and the had the grade 10 12M-1.75 for those positions in 2.5 inches, but not ~3"(72mm). I looked at the threads in the inner(bottom) sleeve, and there is...
  2. 1

Door weatherstripping replacement

Yes but this is for Sport Trac, and they only listed up to 2001 that I could see. Was just trying to share info. If your info\part is the same part, than that is a great deal for a pair for both sides of the 2002 Sport Trac!
  3. 1

Door weatherstripping replacement

I know this is an OLD thread but if it helps anyone... I replaced my drivers door weather seal, that is attached to the body of door opening for $25 from Amazon. Took maybe 15 minutes. Length was about 18" longer than original, and easy to trim, so it is enough to do any of the 4 doors on the...
  4. 1

Rough Idle...need info for rubber elbow

I know this is an old thread, but I too had a collapsing elbow on that hose, FULL of oily gunk.No engine codes, but a loud whistle in cold weather when engine is cold. I researched it a bit for my 2002 Sport-Trac, and it is 5\8" inside diameter. I got a Dayco 70001 90 degree elbow on ebay for...
  5. 1

Whistle noise here when accellerating only.

Hi all - I have an 02 Sport Trac 4.0. I've owned it for 7 years here in Maine, but truck was originally from Florida. Bought with 69,000 miles, and only has 122,000 now. I have always heard that very loud annoying whine around 2,000 rpm, light throttle load, only when winter\cold weather is upon...
  6. 1

Door keypad malfunction

Just out of curiosity, does anyone happen to have a wiring schematic, or a link, in PDF form that may show this or all areas of these vehicles? At least we would know which color wire to trace in these cases. Mike
  7. 1

Door keypad malfunction

Agreed with just1me - I took that bolt out, separated the harness, and the yellow\black broken wore popped right out. Kind of and awkward spot to work in, but in less than 2 hrs I had it fixed. SOOO worth it, just wish I hadn,t wasted the $$ on a new keypad, but I guess at least I still have my...
  8. 1

Door keypad malfunction

Thanks for the input on the broken wire. I went outside at 5am, and pulled the door apart, and separated the harness where it bolts together as one connection(kinda like a firewall junction harness), between the door and jamb. I found a very small yellow wire w\black stripe broken clean off. I...
  9. 1

Door keypad malfunction

Someone has to know a solution here. A year ago, the 9\0 button on my keyless entry pad stopped working. All other numbers on the keyless entry pad still worked, as every other one would illuminate my keypad and dome light when pressed. I assumed the keypad button crapped out. I just installed...
  10. 1

Intermittent ABS light issue

Thanks for the help! I ended up buying the whole outer hub unit, which includes the ABS sensor, for $110 at napa. They would have sold me just the cable for $150.........Duh, no brainer, 35 minutes later it was back together, with no more ABS light on dash! Thanks again?
  11. 1

Thanks very much. I will look into it a bit more. Im not sure the end of the magnetic pickup was actually worn, but looked slightly scuffed. Could very well have happened when I was reinstalling the cv axle....Any ideas where there are used parts for the abs's on these things? From what I see...
  12. 1

Hi all- I know there are a lot of threads on this, but my issue seems a bit different.A few months ago I changed the front outside axle tube seal on my 2002 sport trac with only 70,000 original miles.No biggie, but before that, I never had any issues with an abs light going on. Now, sometimes my...
  13. 1

Oxygen sensor bad?

Well I put in another MAF sensor today.No better than before.It actually runs better with it unplugged.Fuel mileage still in the toilet too.I dunno what else to check.The fuel pressure is good, no leaking injectors.Maybe the actual computer? It takes about 8-10 mins before the CEL comes on, I am...
  14. 1

Oxygen sensor bad?

Hi Mud Bug- I just unplugged it.The only way you would ever know anything was wrong is because of the CEL.I'm not yet sure if my fuel mileage is better, but Hopefully I'll know by the end of the day, as I'm running it up the pike 40 miles.If my tanks empty, guess the mileage is still off...
  15. 1

Oxygen sensor bad?

Well today was a nice day in Maine.I decided to tinker a bit to see if I could find any more info.I unhooked the IAC sensor and when I started it, it ran like crap.Much worse than before, didn't wanna stay running at all.I then unhooked my MAF sensor.When I started it, it ran like a new...
  16. 1

Oxygen sensor bad?

I did have a buddy check my fuel pressure.He pretty much ruled out the FPR.Had very good pressure both when I turned the key on,and running.Also had good pressure under a load.All my hoses look good, no leaks detected.I did replace the O2 sensor awhile back, no help.I am thinking of taking it in...
  17. 1

Oxygen sensor bad?

I havent replaced either of those, but it's been parked for awhile.I do wantt o fix it though.I did check the pcv valve, and it rattled freely, so I didn't replace it.I never tried unhooking the TPS sensor, but maybe I should, just for the information on whether it runs better or not.I actually...
  18. 1

Oxygen sensor bad?

I have to agree, I think the O2 sensor is just reporting the problem.I just came in from looking at it a bit.The air filter is squeaky clean, MAF seems to be ok, the little resistor thingies look intact, and are clean.Nothing new has been installed, and it has no K&N in it.I dunno why the check...
  19. 1

Oxygen sensor bad?

Well, Here I am with more info, if anyone is interested.My friend came by with his ford-borrowed scan tool, and fuel pressure guage.The fuel psi was very good he said, and it looked good to me.I think I had around 40 psi with the engine running, and around the same when keying it on to prime the...
  20. 1

Oxygen sensor bad?

Yes guys, I have a very good friend who works in a ford garage here, and has for many years.Normally, I would just have him fix it, but he has a lot of things going on right now, and he just cant help me right now.I have definately reconsidered changing the oxygen sensor.I read in another...
  21. 1

Oxygen sensor bad?

Just looking for opinions before I replace the oxygen sensor in my 92 explorer sport, 4.0.I all of a sudden got a check engine light after about 10 mins of driving.The light stays on until I shut the key off.After a few more mins of driving, it will come back on again.I noticed that my idle is a...
Back