Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. catdaddy

first start

👍 all help is appreciated, gonna go back and check and or reset cam sensor and crank sensor.
  2. catdaddy

first start

this post got me to thinking about the whole issue of timing. aft I got the timing chain and sprockets to TDC she started, knocked out some codes and got everything cleared and drove it for the 500 miles before it stalled. however I don't remember correctly installing the camshaft position...
  3. catdaddy

first start

gonna check this out, and yeah, i bet i touched every part of this engine.
  4. catdaddy

first start

its clean, i have two of these on deck.
  5. catdaddy

first start

will look at this. thanks
  6. catdaddy

first start

it does shift thru all gears, I was also thinking the problem was in the tranny, but there was no prior issues.
  7. catdaddy

first start

Still trying to figure this out. No cel light, perfect idle and fuel pressure but still won't run in drive. All sensors and whatnot has been tested and or replaced. Pulled the cat, no problem there. So I guess I need to know what changes occur when shifting from park into drive that would be...
  8. catdaddy

Wanted pcm

yeah, popped it open, didn't see anything obvious.
  9. catdaddy

Wanted pcm

for 92 Explorer xlt, auto, rwd. mine's read F27F-12A650-VB
  10. catdaddy

first start

yeah, new braided straps when I installed. new battery cables.
  11. catdaddy

first start

lil hiatus, this is what we got getting 5.14 to supply, 0.014 to ground, 0.033 WOT. tapping ground to neg. = 0.11 guess I'm just looking for a short ? electricals' not my wheelhouse.
  12. catdaddy

first start

tell me about it. new 02 sensor in and she wont even idle now. :mad:
  13. catdaddy

first start

the last time i checked the codes, KOER, still got the 172 and the 538 im pretty sure my timing was off hitting the accelerator. gonna check those wires shortly. think i'll order an 02 sensor, if its not the original its surely the second one.
  14. catdaddy

first start

follow up, that rubber hose ( forget what its called ) came off the tranny. drove it for 500 miles until the idle got rough and it stalled. now the issue is that it idles roughly and wont accelerate only in drive, and will stall. checked and/changed the following: tps, maf, iac, fpr...
  15. catdaddy

Where are all the used 1st gens?

just disrespectful ..... 😒
  16. catdaddy

first start

hey guys, after a complete engine rebuild got it started. no cel light but idle's not perfect. put on the code reader and got 172, 536, 538 on the KOER mode. also drove it a few blocks to get a wheel alignment and noticed that the tranny's not engaging in like 3rd and up. can give more info...
  17. catdaddy

timing chain cover

💤 bump .....
  18. catdaddy

timing chain cover

ok, new issue. need the studs for timing cover ( 2 ) that holds the wires. will buy 5 . paying the shipping to 75115. soooo close to startup. really needing your help.
  19. catdaddy

timing chain cover

a chunk came off when using the pry bar. 92 X, 4.0
  20. catdaddy

Replacing the Window Regulator, I cut off my thumb!!!

last yr, suburban slipped the jack, broke my hip. jack stands are your friend.
  21. catdaddy

How to: 1st Gen Gas Tank Fuel Pump Access Panel

new tech cost money. planned obsolescence. blah, blah blah. your gonna spend your doe. most of it is plug and play. tech gets hacked, thats why this media exists.
  22. catdaddy

As long as they keep most of the tech open source the average DYI dude can keep up.
  23. catdaddy

I got real bold with t the angle grinder. :crazy:
  24. catdaddy

engine rebuild

need some input on this first pic, is that off too much. no start on rebuild. spark is there, pump not priming. not good with the multimeter, but i do have 1. relays clicking, switched them up. second pic is the way i got the block.
  25. catdaddy

whoa.....

whoa.....
Back