Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

ARB with cut ibeams, possible?

Screw it, i'm tired of playing with this dana 35, how much and where can i get a straight axle conversion. I would get it done here in New Mexico but no good fab shops, something close by and dose not charge me a arm and a leg.
  2. G

ARB with cut ibeams, possible?

My question is can i do a zimmerman conversion and keep my front ARB, and how? Oh yeah, has anyone used AFCO racing shocks on their explorer? Thanks, Jason
  3. G

AZ Run Photos!!

My thoughts exactly:D Thanks Hammer, Jason
  4. G

AZ Run Photos!!

Sorry it took me so long to reply to the thread. I have been busy, yes i have been under my x but not because of damage. Michael, first thing i did when i got home was removed rear sway bar for good, and cut the crude out of my fenders. Right know godspeed is sitting on jacks in the front yard...
  5. G

I want a new front end, HELP

Immportant ARB Question, HELP My question is can i do a zimmerman conversion and keep my front ARB, and how? Oh yeah, has anyone used AFCO racing shocks on their explorer? Thanks, Jason Rick if you happen to see this, my dad is making me sell the dart.:( :mad: :( :mad: :(
  6. G

Arizona Run March 16-17 2002

I need a room I have this problem with putting things off to the last second. If anyone can tell me which hotel most of you are staying and which ones still have rooms, and their numbers. it would be most helpful. Thanks a bunch, just cant wait. Jason
  7. G

another "im wanna buy the right explorer for me" question

You can have my X Yes I have decided to sell my beast, for reasons that men who are thinking about getting married understand. I got a 92 x 4 door with a 10" lift, 35 12.50, 4.56 gears, front and rear arb's, recaro seats, the egine was tested at just over 260hp and a bout 310 pounds of...
  8. G

i want to redo the front end

i decided that it is time to take my x to the next step. I was wondering if anyone can give pointers on who. where, and how much this may cost me 1. i want to widen and angle my ibeams 2. custom radius arms. 3. coil over front with extra shock for support. (brackets) Help please.
  9. G

Roll Cage

Love it Brian, it so cool. You can bet on getting a nice fat christmas gift from me. I can't get over it looks perfect. The issue with the middile not being supported enough. What about putting two bars right through the cab, next to the front driver and passenger seatbelts. i love the spare...
  10. G

Roll Cage

This sounds like something that iw uold be very intrested in. Is their a number that i can call to talk about ideas and options? Rick you by any chance have any plans for an exo cage, or know anyone how has. Do you also happen to know anyone who has flipped in a exo cage. I would love to talk...
  11. G

Roll Cage

I just got done looking at the pics, and i want one, i want one, i want one. Dose anyone know who makes them and how much, and what are they amde of. Please reply as soon as you can. Thanks Jason Really cool, i love it
  12. G

Wheelin' in Idaho......

cool, i will tell you were and when, when i find out the eaxct date. Love to to see you in pheniox Jason
  13. G

Roll Cage

Has anyone ever thought about doing a exterior rollcage, one tha gose around the panels of the car. Anyone got any ideas I thought that if i had a setup like that it may reduce exspense by saving a little more body if i happened to roll. Jason
  14. G

roadrunner steering ?

supperrunner steering ? What do i really get with the superlift superrunner steering, and is it worth it. What are the pro's and con's Thanks Jason
  15. G

Wheelin' in Idaho......

I will be up in the Bosie and McCall area right after the run in Pheniox, and i would love for someone to show me the trails. Since i think i will be moving to Bosie next year for school. I think it will be the last week in march. Reply as soon as you can. Jason from New Mexico
  16. G

Dana 60 all the way

I was actually thinking of putting a set of fox racing coil overs in front.
  17. G

Arizona Run March 16-17 2002

Got any tips Got any tips for the new guy that will be coming fron new mexico, with Jack Lobdell's old 92 X. Ever since i got it i have been following his wish list that i got off this website, and i think he would be proud to see it know, with a few new twist that i thrown in i 'am really...
  18. G

synthetic vs regular oils

I have always used synthetic and a love it and would never change. I personaly belive that it makes the engine perform better, especialy considering what we do to them, and it a gives a longer engine life. Synthetics all the way, Jason
  19. G

radius arms?

first off glad to hear that you are going with superlift, and if you do want to do the arms, stay with superlift. They use a square tubing wich is much more stronger then the rancho ones. You do not have to put new arms on know, but they really improve your wheel travel. As far as the road i...
  20. G

Need trip pointers

funnn trails i was hoping to find something in the clorado or arazona area, in march i'am going to have a crape load of mods on my x and want a challenge, but still something that i can enjoy the senery. Got any ideas for a week long trip that is full of pretty senery, so that i can take...
  21. G

Dana 60 all the way

A friend of mine offord me a deal that i could not turn down. He sold me a set of full size dana 60's with 4.10 gears and ARB lockers, and front a rear dics brakes for $1300, not kidding. The axles the selves are only two years old. They ccame out of his 1980's f-250.I really really really want...
  22. G

Big tire question

What i the biggest tire my d35 will hold in your opinion. Both height and width. Thanks alot. Jason
  23. G

Super flex for only $250

I have not gone down any real steep hills yet, but what i have done so far, i can tell a little difference but not alot. My rear end feels a little light. the extra travel in the rear alows my x from lifting up a rear tire. I think i may just have to take it a little slower, or maybe rig...
  24. G

Super flex for only $250

hopefully some help First off i got the rear series of the shakles, and second i had to get a friend of mine to make me a extenion for the brake line. I also consisdered the weight issue, and i have been out twice and have had nothing but fun. the only thing i may warn you guys of is the...
  25. G

Super flex for only $250

When you put the new shakle on you lose about 1 1/4inch, the leaf just makes up for the loss and gives a little more travel.
Back