Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Eletrical problems please help

yah it was the altinator. thanks for the help
  2. M

Eletrical problems please help

Hi guys and girls has any one heard of thos problem? I'v got a 2003 explorer xlt 4x4 v6 with 125000 miles on it and my wife was driving to work this morning and the ABS light came on then the battery light came on and then all the dash lights came on they stayed on for about 5 minutes and then...
  3. M

my 04 xlt

did you repaint the trim and handles they look darker/shinyr than mine. and the ex gets:thumbsup:
  4. M

Side Skirt Removal

to fill those holes Afreind of mine did his by spaying medium expanding foam and bondo.
  5. M

Installing F900BT right now & have a quick question...

i ran mine to the middle of the dash (where the black defroster vent) 2 sided tape works wonders
  6. M

Installing F900BT right now & have a quick question...

On my 03 x i taped in to the vss on the radio harness but yours may be different
  7. M

Firestone Destination A/T - opinions?

I like my destination tires. ride is alittle rough but i went from an str tire to a at tire so i expected it
  8. M

Looking to Modify

cosmetic? Nothing will look better than that monty smoking a camarro:salute:
  9. M

Charge light is blinking on and off

have the altinator tested if it dies and you run down the batt you will be replacing both and getting a tow.
  10. M

Flashing O/D Light

that makes sense seeing ma, is probably one of the striktest in the northeast. Thanx for the heads up on that
  11. M

New 04 XLT owner from Mass

welcome to the forum
  12. M

Flashing O/D Light

Ok so I thought that I would let you all know the deal here. Torqe converter is done along with a laundry list of things I have been puting off. So far about 250 miles and no problems but ford would not do the sticker because they could not clear the codes they said that I need to drive it so...
  13. M

2001 XLT stereo wiring harness woes

If I am not mistaken that little sqare plug is for the sub. I know you do not have one but the factory puts it in their any way. Ignore it and just use the larger one. If install the radio and get nothing fron the speakers you may have a premium sound systom. Good luck
  14. M

Totaled the EX today (Pics)

Hey man good to here you and your girl made it out of that ok. happy hunting and get something that will make us proud. That f-150 look alot like a nissan frontier.
  15. M

Heater fan noise on #4 setting?

You could always try mothballs
  16. M

Flashing O/D Light

Ok guys so my truck got looked at to day and it looks like the tourq converter and on top of that my rear springs are busted. I know what u guys are gona say get a second opinion and i already and heres the kicker the tranny shop quoted me more than ford for the tranny and my freinds a machanic...
  17. M

Flashing O/D Light

got the code pulled P0741 Torque Converter Clutch Circuit Performance or Stuck Off will hopfully be fixed monday.
  18. M

Flashing O/D Light

so went to drop this thing off and the O/D light is not flashing any more. gona have the shop look at it anyway.
  19. M

Flashing O/D Light

thanks it will go in tomorrow
  20. M

Flashing O/D Light

O.K. I have a 2003 ex xlt, 4.0 4x4 with 114000 on the clock. I was driving to a job to day and the O/D light started to flash shifting felt a little off to does any one know what the deal is of should I bring it to the shop A.S.A.P or can it be driven for now? thanks in advance Mike
  21. M

front grill

:chug:yah that mesh hm.... paint that gloss black and if that ford symble down and to the right that will be just what i need to do. thanks for the heads up joe
  22. M

New Explorer Concept revealed

:splat:what tha:censored: they should replace tha mini van with this. then do over the ranger make it an suv and offer it with a explorer pkg.:chug::troops:
  23. M

2004 Ford Explorer Theft Problem

Look in the manual i think their is a way to get it working w/o going to a shop. Good luck.....
  24. M

3rd gen vs. 4th gen race... so sad...

Maybe he turned the o/d off you get better torq and stay in the gears longer. On the bright side at least u lost to another ex.
  25. M

front grill

Anyone?
Back