Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Running Boards removal

I like the new look.
  2. H

Strange vibration problem, not your typical symptoms

did you check the front diff? i had a similar issue and thats what the local ford dealer said was the issue, not exactly sure what they replaced but thats what they told me.
  3. H

offroad lights mounted in bed?

I agree a headache rack would look good and would work from the explanation you gave on what you want.
  4. H

Dirty Injectors?

Thanks guys. That helps.
  5. H

Dirty Injectors?

who makes seafoam? ive heard of that but don't know what the bottle looks like.
  6. H

Dirty Injectors?

A week ago my mom took her expedition in to check a rattle/tick noise. What came about was that the one of her studs in her exhaust manifold had sheared off and is rattling. Another thing they said was that they found that an injector was not allowing enough fuel through. Is there something we...
  7. H

Idle Issue

This question is hopefully simple. Recently I just put in a new SOHC engine in my 97 explorer. I was driving back to school in October and the timing chain tensioners, basically, exploded. After talking with one of my dad's friends at the local ford dealership we decided to get a new engine from...
  8. H

Poll: Seattle anyone

Pullman for school
  9. H

Intermittent metallic flutter/rattle at low idle

this does seem to be similar to what im hearing. does yours have the same sound during shifts?
  10. H

1996 wipers only work on high speed??

my sister is having this problem with her 97 ex. my dad called the ford dealer who told him to change the horn relay with the wiper relay, when he did this they worked great. although now over a month later and they do it again...is there something that could cause these relays to go bad? or is...
  11. H

Head Lights not Turning on

thanks for the input i will see what i can do about getting a new one then.
  12. H

have you ever heard of the headlight/parking light/marker light switch going bad and causing something like this?
  13. H

I went out to my car today and turned my lights on and all that turned on was my parking/marker lights. This has been happening for a while now, though before I would just twist the windshield wiper switch and they would come on. Also, my windshield wipers don't always come on so I was wondering...
  14. H

Running Boards removal

there is a way but im not quite sure how to do it.
  15. H

Running Boards removal

got any pictures of the finished production? i have been thinking of doing this now that i took my "side skirts" off.
  16. H

Low, Low idle: got an idea?

since you seem to be pretty knowledgeable, is it normal for the rpms to drop about 200 when you push two power window switches at the same time? or do i have an electric problem somewhere?
  17. H

well then could you explain how to do that part as well.
  18. H

so then so that i do this right, i just start the car, unplug the IAC, set the screw to 500rpm and then plug the IAC back in? and if everything goes right my idle should be at 750rpm in park?
  19. H

where is the screw to adjust the throttle? i couldn't find this in the service manual.
  20. H

when you say to drill a hole in the plate, do you mean in the center of the plate or are you talking about making the holes for the screws to go through bigger?
  21. H

Running Boards removal

where did you get the plugs for the holes?
  22. H

Low Idle Problem.

this may be way out in left field but ill ask it anyway. could this problem be related to the tps? sometimes after the light turns green its kind of like it studders a little. hopefully if this is not something that sounds like it could be the issue someone will have a similar suggestion of...
  23. H

Low Idle Problem.

That was were mine was. There was another thread that I found that had a picture of it, I think I searched for PCV valve and that was one of the things that popped up.
  24. H

Low Idle Problem.

No I do have an SOHC. and I got to the PCV valve from the top. it was just behind the intake, between it and the firewall. I should have mentioned which engine I had I guess: 4.0L V6 SOHC.
  25. H

Low Idle Problem.

I haven't seen the O/D light flash and I don't have a code reader so I don't know if its throwing codes or not. Also it seems to run better when its cold and it drops rpms when it warms up, if that means anything to you. Are there any vacuum hoses other than the ones that you can see from the...
Back