Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

2005 Explorer with rear air

I have the same line leaking for years now on an 03...i want to fix it or replace it. Did you ever fix yours?
  2. J

Over Heat then Oil leak

SO i had the transmission rebuilt by Mister Transmission. Cost me $2700. Now i get vibration coming from drivetrain on acceleration and turing. Planning to add some XL3 LSD Friction Modifier to the diff. Not sure what is causing this. The Transmission guy said to come back in a few weeks for a...
  3. J

Over Heat then Oil leak

Thanks for the response JK080, the flashing o/d went away. On the way to the shop on Saturday, there was no message on the computer display. Will the torque converter go just like that?
  4. J

Over Heat then Oil leak

Hi Guys, I did a lot of reading to figure out what could be the problem with my transmission but I am still unsure. Can someone please advise or comment if you have experience this? I have an 03 Explorer limited this I don’t use a lot. Over the winter I used it 2 times and use the 4x4 the...
  5. J

Water Leaking from Overhead Console Map Light Button

I have this same issue on an 03 limited. this really suck, can i take it to ford and get it fixed for free? i have no warranty.
  6. J

F90BT Install.

thanks this looks good...where can i get this? thanks again!
  7. J

F90BT Install.

Yes i got the harness i know about the steering wheel controls. I don't know about this Kit, can you please explain why i need it?
  8. J

F90BT Install.

Pac I just buy this PAC from Clutchfield, i hopes it work.:) PAC SWI-PS - Pioneer and Sony Steering Wheel Radio Control Interface
  9. J

F90BT Install.

Harness Ok i just buy this harness from clutchfield.
  10. J

F90BT Install.

Guys my wonderful wife got me this new F90BT for my birthday. I am planning to install it and post my progress. I want the following install in my 2003Explorer Limited. i.Install with factory sub woofer. ii.Install with steering controls. iii.Install with DVD bypass I know about the 5V...
  11. J

Automatic transmission oil change.

Thanks DirtyDog, found it... FT140 Automatic Transmission Filter Kit 4.6L SOHC VALVE BODY - MAIN CONTROL & SERVO'S - 5R55W TRANS
  12. J

Thanks DirtyDog. i would do and please let me know the part #.
  13. J

MY AT is a seal one (with no dip stick), and if by dropping the cover would only loose 50% of the oil, i rather do it by ford. But i have to make sure that there is no filter (DirtyDog). if there is one i need them to change. Any information on the cleaning solutions? is it a good idea or not?
  14. J

i have 111,000KM on it. if it would cause more problems, why does ford do it?
  15. J

So I want to do my first AT oil change, but after reading the posts in here I decided to give ford a call to see how much they would charge to do it. Ford wants $200 CAN + $60 for Mobil 1. They said there is no filter so the strainer would be cleaned out with the system they have. They...
  16. J

New pics....lowered, 20's, aviator mirrors, etc...

Where did you get the Aviator Mirrors to buy? Where did you get the Aviator Mirrors to buy?
  17. J

AC High Pressure Line Replace.

Has anyone replace this line themselves? I am worried about the connector i.e. if it requires any special tool to replace it. I did not get my line yet I am just waiting to cross the US border to pick it up.
  18. J

A/C line repair.

Hi all- trouble with my a/c again. I have a 2k3 explorer limited and last year the low pressure a/c line had a leak just under the passenger side door. I repaired it using a custom made line and some connectors. It worked great for last year. Now the leak is back at the same spot. I called up...
  19. J

Left Front End Hum

Yeah i am getting it for $199 shipped to canada from here, the noise is not that bad as this just started. i was wondering if i can wait till after the winter to look at this...
  20. J

Left Front End Hum

Thanks Coled, i would look at the wheels tomorrow. i think it is now acting up so it is kind of hard to determine where the problem is. May be i would leave it to get a bit worse. But the winter would be here soon and i don't really want to work on that for the winter. So it is either i do it...
  21. J

Left Front End Hum

Tom, I am having the same symptoms but I was thinking it was the front bearings because of the steering issue (where the noise gets lower when you turn). How can the rear be affected by a slight touch on the steering? I would like to know because I planed to change this by my self and I don’t...
  22. J

Double Din from Japan on ebay????

I want one, can someone give me more info on where i can get this? and the name of the unit.
  23. J

Wheels lock up in reverse.

thanks trucku, i hope your right :)
  24. J

haha he drives an infinity ...
  25. J

I made him pay for the muffler because it was the second time he F*** up my car. the first time with the clutch i paid for the parts and we both spent a day and put it in....I just hope something does not happen to my baby as a result of this.
Back