Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Knocking from passenger valve cover!!

For the past six or so months, I have been getting a cylinder 2 misfire code, along with a random cylinder misfire. My trac still seamed to be running ok, with an occational rough idle. about a month ago, I startedd my truck, and it started making a terrible knocking/tapping comming from the...
  2. S

Has anyone actually changed the rear shocks on their SPORT TRAC?

I have actually done the rear. It wasn't fun, and I dont look forward to doing out again. Get your self Set of short box wrenches, and be patient. I didn't have top remove the box.out was a while ago, but i think all in all it only took about 2 or 3 hours.
  3. S

Trouble

I posted about a month or 2 ago about flickering lights. this was just after my alternator died, and I replaced it with a brand spankin new one. my lights seamed to flicker on a cold start, and do so for about 20 mins or so until my truck was warm. never did solve the problem, and now it...
  4. S

At my wits end! Flickering lights and voltage gauge!

Help flickering lights About 2 weeks ago, i was sitting in my truck having lunch (idling). All of a sudden, trucks spudders and dies.... battery is dead. I left it for a few hours, battery recovered enough charge to start. battery dies out and truck stalls. so i replaced the alternator with...
  5. S

power mirrors HELP!!

ordinarily i would assumer black to be the ground, however none of the other switches were faulty.
  6. S

power mirrors HELP!!

Ncranchero!! My props to you. I removed the rubber wire cover directly beneith the connector, and found not one, but three broken and corroded wires about 3 inches away from the connector. the Or/Gr(power to mirrors), a thicker Black(unknown), and also a thicker yellow/black(the reason my rear...
  7. S

power mirrors HELP!!

silly question. ignition on or off... I tested with ignition ON, as it should work like this no matter what, but should i see power there when off? is ignition required for the mirrors to funtion?
  8. S

power mirrors HELP!!

So i finally got around to testing the switch, it looks brand new, and according to my milti meter works fine. ALL fuses and realys in the vehicle are working fine... I did find one blown, and replaced it.. funny though it was labeled 4x4 module, i have a 4x2. anyhow i am not seeing any...
  9. S

power mirrors HELP!!

just recently my power mirrors have both stopped working on my 03 trac. I have checked the fuse #1 in tha passenger compartment panel as listed in the owners manual. I have also pulled the switch out and tested it with a muti-meter, and it seams to be working fine. are there any other fuses...
  10. S

HELP!! Need to replace Rear Timing Chain Tensioner

I would be glad to do a write up. My cousin is a mechaninc, and he was telling me that at a shop, they would pull the motor. however I have also heard that it is possible to do from the wheel well.
  11. S

HELP!! Need to replace Rear Timing Chain Tensioner

is this my problem too? my 03 trac hs recently started making a rattling noise at moderate acceleration. around 2500 to 3000 rpm. i had a assumed that it was ting chains, as my trac has 227000 kms on it. do these sound like your symptoms prior to the repair?
  12. S

200 000 kms Tranny Whine in first gear

alright guys... here it is... just crossed over 200K and my tranny whines like a banshee. I got a quote for a used tranny with 85000k on it for $900 CAD aor an Engine, Tranny and ECU for $1500... now, my mechanic tells me the book time in the engine/ tranny swap is about 15 hours, and I plan on...
  13. S

P51's HID Headlight (Projector) and Fog Conversion (PICS)

Have any of you HID guys had to deal with the DRL(Daytime Running Lights). My HID's are great, but since in canada, we have daytime running lights. my HID flicker when not on. so I have to manually turn them on during the day. I know the DRL's are just the high beams running at a lower...
  14. S

Rad Question

K, so I'm trying to install an electric fan, and I was just wondering which hose to the rad is the inlet hose. So I can mount the Temp sensor for my fan switch
  15. S

Sct X3

Brian something from Performance plus in Saskatoon...I'm here on business, and the price was right...$380 CAD.. they have a dyno in tha back, but the don't run it in the winter. so I'll prolly have it re-tuned in the spring...
  16. S

Sct X3

Hey all just here to say that I picked up the new X-Cal 3... stuck with a full tank of 87 on a econo tune. As soon as I burn that off, I'll be doing a write up on my X..
  17. S

Blind Spots

I was thinking about going double din...my main concern though is the glare from the sun. I know I have trouble reading the clock on my deck when the sun is shining on it.
  18. S

Blind Spots

bump
  19. S

Blind Spots

Alright so heres something thats been bothering me for quite some time. I'm a tall guy, and no matter how low I put my seat. My rear view mirror is well...a problem. I don't have any clue how the mirror is mounted to the window, but what I was wondering is... how hard would it be to move the...
  20. S

adding sub and power seat?

thanx N2... oh well, just keep watching the wreckers then. Maybe I'll just re think my Amp-Rack and come up with something new.
  21. S

PIAA Lights

hey, how did you mod the lights to the high beams?
  22. S

adding sub and power seat?

5-keep...what colour is the interior, I need the panel behind the rear seats, maybe we can make a deal?
  23. S

2.5" drop bloc question

also...had the U bolts made for me at a spring shop. tok about a hlaf hour, and cost about 30 bucks
  24. S

2.5" drop bloc question

I put in 3 inch blocks in the rear. looks great. they are 2 1/4 inches wide...I had to trim about a half inch off of the front bump stops to prevent from bottoming out. also... I have 16" factory rims, and my leafs actually hang down below the bottom of my rims now...you may get in trouble for...
  25. S

Performance Assistance Needed..

REALLY?? thats farther than I usually drive... Thanx
Back