Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

old member cant post to classified?

whoops, didnt realize that, its been 6 years since i registered and i guess things changed lol...only reason i asked is i have a new coil over conversion for the 2nd gens and i know there were some guys looking for one, as its not something you see everyday i wanted to offer it up to the ef guys...
  2. V

old member cant post to classified?

Help! i cant post to the classified and it doesnt give me a reason why other then "you are trying to edit someones elses post and dont have permission" ive been around for awhile and i have over the standard 10 post count needed on most forums, any help you can give me...i have a few items that...
  3. V

Wanted Need body parts, glass and misc parts

Front passanger cv axle Grille with surround Front bumper cover chrome cover on front bumper, passanger side Front Bumper Reinforcement (part behind bumper cover) Front right passenger fender passanger corner lights and headlight driver side rear glass in hatch area driver and passanger...
  4. V

For Sale Turboexplorer 98' XLT V8. Selling EBC brakes, Timken Bearings, all IFS parts.

Illl take that front right hub, can you pm me your paypal info.
  5. V

95 and 01 XLT Parts

do you have pictures of the front right fender the rear side glass is that the part in the back by the hatch (side window) and do you have a picture of the passanger rear door. i could use those 3 things, thank you!
  6. V

95 and 01 XLT Parts

do you have pictures of the front right fender the rear side glass is that the part in the back by the hatch (side window) and do you have a picture of the passanger rear door. i could use those 3 things,
  7. V

how to shave my bumpers down

My 31s rubbed im guessing he has higher milage and a sagging suspension
  8. V

Parting out 1998 Explorer Sport 4x4 sohc with 4.10s

how much would the passanger headlight and passanger corner light be shipped to 10567 and do you have a paypal because i will take those 2 pieces
  9. V

Hit and Run Fix it or let her go

i pmed you rkalb and sedition, haha thats the first thing i said to my gf, well holy **** look at that the BFG's once again came through, even when the rim took alot of damage, i love those tires, ive had prolly 10 sets over the years, for an all around tire they cant be beat, mabey they...
  10. V

and this one because i hate ny winters
  11. V

ah i love it! you guys are giving me perfect motivation not to junk her and honestly its not about the money while id rather not spend 1000$ fixing a 2000$ truck cause we all know its wasteing money lol, but who hasnt dumped money into something they liked..seriously! so i thought about...
  12. V

im debating on just making it an offroad only truck, its been a long time since ive had a sole offroad truck since i sold my jeep. i doubt i will even get 150$ in scrap just about enough to cover the tow there :/ i am pretty sure i am just going to keep it and fix it, im not the kind of person...
  13. V

Ah i hear where your coming from, the thing is if i get rid of it its a total loss :/ ill get nothing for it, im gonna decide by the end of the week, anyone think its worth anything? It may just be time to rellace it with something newer
  14. V

What happened was my girlfriend was driving it and got rear ended causing her to go sideways and hit the wall i have no clue who hit her...sucks...honestly its a 4th car that gets driven when i need it for work but none the less i love that truck! I would be doing all the work myself. It kills...
  15. V

Im sorry for another c/o question

that may be a little light of a spring rate, i feel that a #700 spring would be very good, some guys even run 800lb springs but that gets a little harsh as far as the ride goes
  16. V

very true grr, i dont even think it really needs a uca it broke the spindle clean in half so i think it took most of the abuse...and the bfg all terrains took a massive hit and it didnt even phase them, i love those tires lol
  17. V

well someone hit my truck and took off :( does anyone think its worth fixing 99 176k runs perfect no problems prior to the accident it had a schlew of new parts just put on as well. so far it looks like it needs 2 airbags bumper fender cv axle upper control arm outer tie rod 2 fog...
  18. V

wheels vs. spacers?

guys the only real "proof" i have is when i talked to the owner of brenthal awhile back when we were talking about a 4x4 long travel kit on a 2010 lariat f-150 i owned, and shipping the truck out to their facility for a pre-production kit. this is what they told me they were running on the truck...
  19. V

wheels vs. spacers?

i wouldnt be too concerned about spacers and breaking things the guys over at brenthal are running 2" rear spacers on this truck with no problems. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHK6HqyAi6I only issue i could see would be high milage front 4x4 hubs
  20. V

High Milage Fuel Filter replacement

i will upload a picture of a screen shot from my SCT software but i do belive only 99+ explorers have a returnless fuel system. im very interested now as well as to how it is reading the duty cycle, because it is clearly reading it and varying with rpm and engine load.
  21. V

the explorers are a returnless style fuel system meaning the pump only takes what it needs, and varys voltage to compensate flow. (unlike say an aeromotive fuel setup on a high hp car where the pumps runs @100% duty and the fuel unused at the rails goes back to the tank). now being returnless...
  22. V

stupid question about lifts

stock length will be fine as the front control arms have the same amount of travel tt twisted or stock, reason being is that you are essentially giving up some down travel (droop) for more uptravel(twisted) ride quality isnt changed that much though. the rear you should be fine as well as...
  23. V

I finally have started on my explorer (long travel build) last night, and while i was under it i noticed the rusted nasty looking fuel filter which prolly had 175k miles of dirtyness( i got the explorer @150k for the price of free)I decided to datalog the truck using sct's advantage III +...
  24. V

what is the Rear shock length

just measured it, for the search if anything • 25 in. extended length • 15 in. collapsed length • 10 in. damper travel this is going to vary from shock to shock, bilstein, gaberial, emu, rancho, ect.
  25. V

what is the Rear shock length

I was wondering if any of you guys knew off the top of your heads the extended and compressed length of the stock shocks, i figured before i go and remove the shock i would ask someone here. (not trying to replace the shock with a generic shock, its already got bilstein 5100's, which are...
Back