Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

none of the O2 heaters work?

that #11 20amp fuse was for the hego. when I tested the fuse terminal, it had power, but I pulled the fuse this morning and found the hot side was loose. I tightened it back up, cleared the codes and went for a test drive. ALL the codes are gone and the truck runs much better! now to get some...
  2. P

The power dist is what I was calling the one in the engine bay. That diagram is interesting. I do have a 20a fuse there. It does, however, have power. I will have to check continuity to the trans harness.
  3. P

That diagram is a carbon copy of the Haynes. There is no 15 amp fuse 11 in the power dost box or the interior panel. You are right, I could just give one of those wires ko power and make it work. My concern is if I give it power with whatever is messed up, it might kill the PCM or something else?
  4. P

Harness is 97 mounty. I just had to get a 96 f150 shift lever sensor to get the right one. The mounty harness has 4 wires per o2. On another note, I looked in my Haynes manual and it says fuse 11 gives power to the heaters. That doesn't correlate to reality though. I did test the connectors at...
  5. P

I need some help diagnosing a problem. I am short on time, so tracing wires and hunting for diagrams would be slow going. So, I am throwing it out to the community in the hopes that someone can help identify the issue. BACKROUND: 97 mounty I just put a 347 into. I used a rebuilt 4r70w trans...
  6. P

2nd gen Explorer V8 headers

I had a booth set up for my blowfish racing products right at the entrance to the svt display building.
  7. P

They don't fit explorers
  8. P

things don't look good for the headers right now. I can't find anyone to manufacture them for a reasonable price. I was going to attempt to self-manufacture, but without the proper equipment and tooling, it just won't work. if I can make a butt-ton of money this weekend at the All Ford Nats...
  9. P

I have a soft spot in my heart for cleavors...of course, starting with the 69 boss302. But, I would be really surprised if the heads would fit. It's going to be even more challenging to clear the a/c box and the steering shaft. I expect my 3" 90 next week, so I can weld up the elbow and...
  10. P

I RECEIVED TB PARTS TODAY!! I was like a kid on Christmas, ripping open boxes and immediately putting things together. first, the TB lever fits perfectly. I have full articulation and its a dead match to the stock lever ball location. its perfect! it totally looks stock (aside from the...
  11. P

thanks for the info don. i appreicate the offer to put together a kit for me, but i am looking for more of an OE parts bin style setup. i don't want my POS truck to have better brakes than my Mustang...that would be unfair! it would, however, be great if i could swap my 14" 4-pot brembos i have...
  12. P

hey don, i see in your sig, that you are using 12.75 x 1.25 rotors. what are they from? did you make a custom caliper bracket or frankenstein it from another vehicle? i really want bigger brakes in the event that some day i actually get the thing running!
  13. P

I have one for you in the garage...just needs some rusted plugs drilled out to be a good core! Come get it!
  14. P

the bolt patterns are the same for most standard heads for the SBF. my flanges are my design and specifically modelled after the 190 FAC's, but they would be more than suitable for any of the smaller heads. i was asked before if they would work on the AFR 185's and they do use the same gasket...
  15. P

i was going to kick the egr bung down the road. it seems simple enough to add it later. i am now working on designing some wooden cutting fixtures so i can easily get the 180 degree tubes cut to the right angle and length. my issue right now is that i only had one pair of flanges made up, so...
  16. P

UPDATE: design is final and Been sent to a couple of places to be manufactured. Got one no quote. The other place can do it but it will cost a buttload of cash. 1900 for a welding fixture. 1900 for cutting fixtures. 2000 for engineering. 3500 to buy them the dies to bend 1-5/8 2"radius. Then I...
  17. P

interesting. since it was a cast elbow, i assume it had a pretty thick wall (compared to a tube)? what was the ID? my current elbow is a 3" exhaust, which is actually more like 73mm inside. i am trying to work out a 3.5" tube (about 85mm inside), but that large of a tube interferes with the...
  18. P

well, the mockup headers are going to get 3D scanned next week. they get scanned in a couple of hours, then they need a couple of weeks to compile the scanner data into a model. in that time, i will be full welding them up and start getting my exhaust system mocked up. making progress! also...
  19. P

do the band clamps work for bend to bend coupling? one handy part about painters tape is that once you have it set where you want it, just slit off a strip on either side of the pipe to reveal the metal butt connection so it can be tac welded together.
  20. P

i ordered a TB and brought the original elbow into my office to get dimensions. im going to get it into cad and then put a deign together. i would like to be able to develop one elbow to work with both EGR styles. we will see. as for the headers, i am in the middle of getting prices to have...
  21. P

that engine bay looks good! i checked out some aftermarket fox mustang TB's and some have bolt on levers. that would be awesome! since i am a sheet metal kind of guy, i could easily create a new lever to work perfectly! i think i am going to buy a new 75mm and clean sheet my elbow. just added...
  22. P

this is my hodgepodge elbow and TB
  23. P

so, the fox mustang TB does rotate the right direction to keep the throttle cable in the same location? i need to look into this.
  24. P

if i could find the perfect throttle body, that would be key to making it work. my epoxy job is fine for now, but it looks terrible and i never want to repeat it. any ideas? a 94-95 mustang TB without the IAC boss would be perfect (i can plumb the IAC into the elbow), but i can't find one. fox...
  25. P

when i did the 408, i made my own elbow from 2 plates and a 3" exhaust tubing bend. i used a 94-95 BBK 75mm TB and grafted the stock explorer lever onto it. throttle cable and cc cable both mounted up perfectly with the original explorer bracket holding them. i had to make a few changes to this...
Back