Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

List of Useful Threads Hood Paint bubble issue only

As a follow up, I did get a supervisor, allegedly, to call me. She said she was confused by the back and forth in the notes. She told me that the repair was approved back on May 31. I told her yes but the other rep contacted the dealership and said no, it had to be blasted and repainted as...
  2. B

Yes, it was around 33K when I first got it documented in May. Since then they've pushed it off/ignored it and claimed it didn't come through until July 11. I can get past the paint issue, but what I will not tolerate is being treated like this. A friend of mine said to check out the warranty...
  3. B

Sign me up. My dealings with Ford customer service have turned into a frustrating nightmarish mess. To recap I first noticed the issue May 18. Took it to the dealer Monday the 23rd (scheduled). The guy at the dealer did his thing with the pics and write up. Told me it'd be a few days...
  4. B

I heard back ftom the body shop guy from the dealer (Koons of Baltimore). Was as informative as he could be. When I met with him he told me he's about given up trying to repaint the hoods and just replaces them. When he called me back a couple days later he said Ford wanted them to sandblast...
  5. B

Just noticed this issue on my 15 Sport. Bought it July of 14 has, 33K on it, wife's daily driver. Was walking around it this morning and I noticed what looked like a small ripple. Only reason I noticed it was from the hood being wet from the rain. Brushed away the water and noticed a nickle...
  6. B

rotors of 02-up can't be turned?

+1 I had the fronts on my '05 turned 2 weeks after I got it last summer. They're just trying to BS you into buying a new product for more money.
  7. B

Power Window Issue

I don't know if this is related but I had a similar problem a few weeks ago with the rear window in my '05. It turns out it was the heat causing the glass to stick. When It finally opened it sounded like the wipers do when they get a little melted to the windshield and break free. Basicly...
  8. B

Eliminate "change oil soon"

Just went through that on mine this past Saturday for the first time. Hit the middle "setup" button and watch the menu on the lower right of the gage cluster. When you get to the oil (I forget exactly what it says) hit and hold the reset button. You'll be prompted to hold it for 5 seconds...
  9. B

whoa!!! what the heck is going on?

Does this cause leaking into the truck? I've noticed water getting in and even had ice laying on the matt in the rear this past winter.
  10. B

Alternator Question

I had a JL 1000/1 driving 2 12W6V2's, a JL 300/4, & a JL 300/2 in my 98 5.0L with stock battery and stock alt. I did have a 1 farad cap though, never had a problem in the 3 1/2 years it was in there (I traded in the truck last week on a '05 4.6L)
  11. B

Top speed for the 5.0L

I have an apten chip but haven't tried to go above my stock limit of 109. Tires were crappy and when I got them changed there was still a vibration. I recently took it to a garage near home and viola no more vibration. Good ol' boys sure know how to balance tires!! Now its burning oil...
  12. B

Air Ride

Don't do it!! I did and am now looking for something else or to put the old ones back on. I got the Edlebrock IAS shocks. The whole thing sits lower and the rear sags. I was also told by John V. (from EE) that the Edlebrocks aren't recomended for replacement of the air ride shocks. The...
  13. B

Rattle in Front End????????

I have the same problem and am confident that I traced it to the shocks being worn out. The ride has gotten all weird and when I'm driving slow across a parking lot slowly it creeks and groans. It didn't help matters that a few years ago I was screwing around in a snowy parking lot and hit...
  14. B

V8 Owners - What is your Avg. MPG?

I usually average about 15 with a good mix of highway and back roads. Lately since my son was born though I've been trucking home late and have been getting about 13.5...but I'm movin' it too. So all in all I'm not doing too bad.
  15. B

Alright I can't decide on shocks...

I just got Michelin's a few months ago and now I have a vibration between 70 and 80 MPH. I've just been too lazy to bother going bat to NTB to have them try rebalancing it. I didn't have the vibration until then though, so hopefully for you its just and unbalanced tire. Make sure you tell...
  16. B

Ricer(r)?

I call the exhaust on ricers car's "*** pipes" because it looks like they got it up the tail pipe and it sounds like it too. :D
  17. B

hood scoop...

Yeah so long as its functional it doesn't matter where it goes in my book. RX7's scoops weren't centered. I just HATE the fake scoops!! I was thinking of the same sorta thing....hmmm do I smell a possible group buy...ehh maybe not, probably be too much money for most.
  18. B

window rain gaurds

Well, I know they have them at the Wal-Mart near me. That's where I got the set for '98 EB. Check out you local Salvo, Auto Zone, or whatever is near you. If they carry them but don't have yours chances are that they can order what you need. Good Luck. You'll deffinitely enjoy them I know I do!
  19. B

trim clips

My $.02 I have a '98 and was able to get a kit with all types of clips and fasteners that are for my truck. The problem is that you only get like a couple of each type, so if you need more you have to buy another kit. It was like $11 at the dealer. I think your dealer's parts guys are just...
  20. B

Paint seems to be cracking in small circles....

Well, it does appear that it is delamination of the paint. At the body shop we went too the guy told us that it looks like paint delamination. So, the battle begins.
  21. B

We're about an hour north of you...I think we may have figured it out though. Hail damage! I forgot totally that she said thet there was decent sized hail about a week and a half ago at her place and when we washed it, the dimples in the paint showed up. So she put in a claim and we're...
  22. B

Ok I tried using the search and found something like this but the thread died last year....anyway, here goes. This past weekend my girlfriend and I were waxing her '99 Sport X and noticed A LOt of small circular cracking mostly on the hood, on the painted piece just above the hood, and on the...
  23. B

I saw a new Cooper MINI

Pshew!! That's a big boy!! Anyway, the Cooper has been owned by BMW for quite sometime now. According to some reviews I've read its frame is more rigid than a 3 series BMW and the gearshifter is just as good. I'm interested in it right now...of course I wouldn't be able to buy anything for...
  24. B

In or Near Philadelphia?

WOO-HOOO Hey I'm interested..just let me know an exact location when the decision is made. My girlfriend might be interested too.
  25. B

Tinting over the factory curtesy tint

Mine is tinted over the factory smoke tint. I wanted them to make it 5% total but they put 5% on over the 35% to make 1.75% in the back behind the front windows and 35% on the front. It doesn't look quite right in certian light with the back being sooo dark, so when I get the money/off my ass...
Back