Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

ordering parts

I have ordered parts from Rockauto who is a sponsor site and ships to Australia. If you use them don't forget to look up the current discount code here http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299559 and enter it when you checkout to get a discount.
  2. J

How To: Upper Control Arm / Ball Joint Replacement (Lots of Pictures)

The suspension travel and vehicle (static) weightwill not fit the ball joint pin into the knuckle. Do not adjust the torsion bar to fit the ball joint pin. The upper control arm (which contains the upper ball joint) has plenty of travel. The ball joint pin is a tight fit into the knuckle and...
  3. J

Knocking from passenger valve cover!!

Hi, Can't really help, but just a bump on your question. What sort of engine do you have? might help others help you with info.
  4. J

G day

Hi, Welcome from a fellow Oz in Sydney, I've been a member for a few years. Only recently became active as I start to do a lot of work on my 2000 Explorer Limited since the Kms are starting to build and the cracks are showing. I love the car and it has been good to me so I intend to do...
  5. J

Recommendations for Timing Kit (too cheap for OEM)

Still in the research stage myself, so no conclusive info. For what it might be worth I did contact Cloyes support and they said theirs are from the same company that supplies ford and have all the lastest mods applied. I purchased my parts from Rockauto (shipped to Australia) and they have...
  6. J

For Sale Timing tool kit 4.0l sohc v6

email sent
  7. J

Parts and Tools Supplier Question

Looks like I might go with the NTXTools shipping (to save complicating things) as the international shipping through a consolidator works out about the same and if the shipping weight or cubic is higher than it could be more. I have tried looking at many other options and these guys seem to...
  8. J

Announce your New "Elite" Status here...

Hi, Been a member for a few years, only recently starting working on the Explorer so I thought I would join the Elite after getting so much useful info from the forums. Have done all (5) shocks, front upper CA's/BJ's, front sway bar bushings, front pads&rotors, plugs, leads, O2 sensors...
  9. J

How to: Fuel Pump Access Door

Just did mine recently (dropped the tank though). I just did the moter assy and filter - not the whole unit.
  10. J

hey all

Welcome, are you in Oz? where?
  11. J

How To: Upper Control Arm / Ball Joint Replacement (Lots of Pictures)

Do not touch the adjustment bolt, you don't need to the outer UCA just slots into it. Leave it as it or you will change the alignment. Just remove the 2 large nuts and remove the outer UCA piece. Then fit the new one and make sure you line up the guide into the bolt adjuster slot as you fit...
  12. J

I just got a reply from ntxtools. Their tool prices are good and they do have free shipping for most of the US for orders over $250. They can ship my order for free to a freight forwarder so I might look at some shipping prices going that way to see if I can get the shipping cost to me down...
  13. J

Thanks fixt, had a look but they don't have all the tools I am after (specifically ford specialty tools). They can ship to me but I need to get pricing by email after placing order. Anyone else with some info on ntxtools, I am still waiting for them to reply to my email I sent a few days ago...
  14. J

How does the Distance to Empty calculation work?

DTE is just a guide based on current driving average consumption (mpg) and fuel left as harlenm already said. Driving conditions changing from gentle to heavy foot driving and city vs highway will change how far you can get with the fuel that is left in the tank. So as driving pattern or...
  15. J

Thank for the feedback guys, unfortunately and as hard as it is to beleive neither amazon or harbor freight ship to Australia. Still appreciate feedback from anyone on ntxtools before I place the order.
  16. J

Wanted Intermittent start 97 exploder

That was the sign on my Explorer of the fuel pump about to die, which it then did (while driving it stopped stone dead) luckily on a side street. If the fuel filter has not been changed I would take a look at that as well, could be all clogged up preventing sufficient flow and just putting...
  17. J

I think I finally fixed my squeal under the hood.....OMG!

Well done on the fix, hope it has gone now.
  18. J

Weak A/C, needs R134? blend door staying open? thermostat?

If the blend door is stuck it will effect whatever the temp setting you select including max a/c. I think max a/c setting will just try and set the blend door to closed (a/c only no heater core added), drive the compressor as hard as it can and set the cabin interior fan at high speed. I...
  19. J

4.0L SOHC Parts and Tools Supplier Question I have recently started doing work on my Explorer. Explorer parts are very hard to come by in Australia, let alone reasonably priced. After reading the forums I have now used RockAuto twice for parts and am about to place my third order. For...
  20. J

ElmScan 5 & ScanMaster

I have still not purchased a unit for several reasons. Still need one and now thinking about the kits that are available to make your own - anyone have any experience with those?
  21. J

Blowing Hot Air

Just thought I would give a little feedback on the problme I have been working on Explorer 2000 Limited. And a quick question or 2 - does anyone that has pulled out the a/c assembly - where does the vacuum pipe route through this (there is no information I can find in the service manual)...
  22. J

1996 explorer xlt a/c problem

Sounds like the problem I am working on - hot or cold air? Does sound like a loss of vacuum from the engine to controls (which switch the vacuum to the different areas) wihtout vacuum the other vents close and the air all goes to the window defrost vent. I am about o post some information on...
  23. J

heater control help

I think you will find the blend door is driven by an electric motor not vacuum, vacuum is used for the flow direction to floor/def/vents the heater water control (in the engine bay) and the recurculation. I have a 2000 Exporer limited SOHV 4.0L unless it changed on newer models. Search for...
  24. J

Online Service Manual

Many thanks, getting info now. WIll help me with the A/C Problem I am working on now.
  25. J

Online Service Manual

Has anyone had any experience with online service manuals? I was looking at subscribing to ALLDATAdiy which claims to have info on explorer but does not list which models (I am after Explorer 2000 Limited US (SOHV 4.0L) I did have a ford service manual on DVD which I bought online, somehow...
Back