Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Windshield Fluid Level Shows Constantly Low on Dash

This issue just cropped up. Need input / advice. Windshield fluid tank is full yet getting a false positive that the tank is low. Bad sensor I am guessing? What is the proper fix for this one? I have read that you need to replace the entire tank, but I also notice that the sensor appears to...
  2. R

2006 Explorer front sway bar link question...

Yep they break. Last spring I noticed that both of my end links were totally gone! They broke / rusted and everything must have fallen off while driving. Fun.. Very easy to put new ones in.
  3. R

2006 Explorer 4.6 V8 Exhaust Manifold Gaskets

Be prepared for broken studs as you take everything apart. And if you have a hard time accessing the broken stud you may be into a cylinder head removal. Plus side is you get to install new head gaskets. Ask me how I know.... And btw the replacement studs are bronze-copper alloy that will...
  4. R

Wheel bearings

Interesting information. Thank you. So I guess if you have an 06' then you can use the HUB-67 and if you have a 2007 or later use the HUB-29? I wonder why the 67 is less money than the 29 and includes the bolts? Has anybody used the HUB-67 on a 2007-2010 Explorer?
  5. R

Wheel bearings

Any update on "HUB-29" 7L2Z1104A or "HUB-67" 4L2Z1104AA?? Which one is the best to use for the 2006-2010 Explorers. My 2006 Limited has a build date of 08/05. From Rockauto.com The HUB-67 is going for $166.79 The HUB-29 is going for $211.79
  6. R

Leaking power steering fluid lines

Any update on this one? Has anybody tackled it? Looks like I need to do this job while doing an oil change as access to where the hose goes into the PS pump appears to be blocked by the engine oil filter.
  7. R

Noise coming from Passenger side foot well

Figured it out. The inner lining for the wheel well was not reattached properly. Simple fix.
  8. R

Ford 6R60 6R80 6 Speed Transmission Fluid and Filter Change

What are the part#s for the filter and any other required gaskets when doing the fluid change. Thanks ahead of time. I have an August 2005 build date on the vehicle. Must have been one of the first 2006 Explorers off the production line.
  9. R

Center Console latch problem

This is a great fix. Ordered up the springs. Works better than when new!
  10. R

Noise coming from Passenger side foot well

I have a noise that occurs once at highway speed 50+ mph on my 2006 Limited 4.6L has been going for some time. It is not related to the HVAC blower as that makes no noise when turned on and running at various speeds. It sounds like a crackling noise created by wind. It seems to be coming from...
  11. R

High pressure line on power steering pump leaking...

Correction. It is my return power steering line that is leaking. Not the pressure one. It is leaking from the passenger side frame rail near the very front of the car where it wraps around. Odd design as Im not sure why it goes all the way over there. Part price is about the same as the...
  12. R

Leaking power steering fluid lines

Any follow up on this job? My return line is leaking right up front from the passenger side frame rail. Return line for power steering is part # AL2Z3D746A. About $120. Want to know how hard / easy this and what the steps are. Thank you. I should mention that mine is a 2006 4.6L V8.
  13. R

High pressure line on power steering pump leaking...

Can anybody post instructions / difficulty with replacing the Power Steering Pressure Hose on 4.6L models. Mine is slowly leaking fluid and want to know if I can tackle this job. Factory part# is AL2Z3A719B and runs about $120-130 from online suppliers.
  14. R

Looking for a "new" Ex, V6 w/ 5R55W or V8 w/ 6Rxx Tranny?

Ive had my 2006 for 7 years now and have put on it 100k. If you are going the V8 route find a 2008 or newer with the revised head design to save yourself the "spark plug" issue. Which is a royal pita and can cost you major $$. I have had my radiator go bad at 85k miles. And a bunch of other...
  15. R

2006 Explorer 6 speed transmission shifting issue - update

Fluid change interval for the 6 speed auto is 150,000 miles. I am at 84,000 miles and have no plans to do anything with the fluid. The software updates to do help, just have to give the software to settle in over time and adjust to your driving habits. Keep in mind that the 6speed auto in our...
  16. R

Had the PCM and TCM flashed just for fun to get the latest software release / calibration. Previous Cal: 6U7A-12A650-KD New Cal: 6U7A-12A650-KJ Transmission is still in learning mode after the new software load. It was shifting fine before I decided to get an update. Just wanted...
  17. R

Any updates on this issue? Looks pretty common. Mine does it slightly still and the latest TSB was performed. Hmmm
  18. R

Sway Bar end links

Here is a simple question. I am guessing that you need to purchase two of the Moog PN# K7275 one for the drivers side and one for the passenger side. The Moog PN # for the Sway Bar Bushing is K80082, I am guessing I also need two of those. Let me know. Thanks..
  19. R

R&R 1995+ Ford Explorer Front Chassis Components: Step-by-Step Balljoints Brakes Etc

I just had my upper control arms replaced by my mechanic. They told me that they always use MOOG suspension parts. Today I was checking out their work and noticed the following. On the passenger side there are two arms, looks like they only replaced the bottom one, as the A-arm that connects...
Back