Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

emissions

OMG, thank you. These two diagrams have been invaluable not only in locating the parts, but now i understand they are TWO SEPARATE PARTS!!!!! I've had a serious fuel smell problem lately so i'm replacing both these parts to cover my bases.
  2. G

Swapped out ST radio bezel for 2nd Gen Explorer to get extra factory foglight switch.

It did come with a relay, it's in the diagram i drew. It's the box with the numbers in it. Could you not see the pics with your iPhone? And i tried attaching it to the fuse block and it still blows the fuse.
  3. G

Swapped out ST radio bezel for 2nd Gen Explorer to get extra factory foglight switch.

I've been working on this project and everything is finished except for a problem i have in wiring the factory switch. I have the LED light bar mounted and all the wires run with the provided wiring harness and tested with the provided switch, everything worked fine. The provided switch had...
  4. G

HELP! Hard start/fuel smell/P0171-P0174 problem

So I found the cracked EGR hose elbow and the MAF has been cleaned. At this point the truck has gotten plugs, wires, injectors, air filter, fuel filter, PVC elbow/hose, and i feel like i've got most of the power back and no more check engine light or fuel smell. The truck still starts hard...
  5. G

HELP! Hard start/fuel smell/P0171-P0174 problem

I need some help ladies and gentlemen. My initial problem was as follow in the order the symptoms occurred: -Bad fuel economy -Underpowered -Hard to start (required several seconds/pedal pumps to start) -Smell of gasoline -P0171 & P0174 codes (Lean condition banks 1 and 2) -Miss fires At this...
  6. G

Dash Lights Not Working... fuse or switch?

I think i have the same problem, with a twist. The lights are out in the dash gauges, but the HVAC controls still light....any thoughts? I can't believe all the bulbs went out over the summer of storage....
  7. G

HELP! Can't get window up with new regulator

the old regulator came apart, and not in a fashion that i could reassemble it. the soft plastic pieces at the joints were badly damaged. and the motor is less than 2 years old, so i have trouble believing that anything is wrong with the motor.
  8. G

The regulator is the scissor arms that lift the window....motor bolts to it on the gear side.
  9. G

it's in the track, it goes up straight and smooth. everything SEEMS to be lined up and fitted properly, i even checked to make sure the new regulator was the correct size and was a direct replacement....and it is, they're exactly the same size.
  10. G

So the title pretty much says it all, I can't get the window to go all the way up with the new window regulator installed. It's comes up to within about half an inch of the top of the door frame then stops. It doesn't seem to matter how many times I install it, trying to position the motor or...
  11. G

Has anyone ever painted their tail or headlights to match the color of the truck?

Ur best bet if you want to do black is a special paint called Nightshade. it can be found on Ebay for about 10 bucks a can plus 10 for shipping. It's not black paint, think of it more as window tint in a can. the directions say to apply 3 coats for a dark appearance. the best part? the lights...
  12. G

Living with a lifted truck....need opinions

Alright....so what size tire would i be looking for if i wanted to go with a 35 inch tire on the factory rims.......and what are rock sliders?
  13. G

Living with a lifted truck....need opinions

So I have a 93 Sport as a daily driver and I'm made plans to lift it. However, because it is my daily driver, and I frequently take it for weekend road trips, i want to know how daily life would change for me once i get it lifted. Now i've found 2 skyjacker kits, one is 4 inches, one is 6 inches...
  14. G

Ford Ranger Turbocharged?

if your gonna turbocharge, i'd rather start with the four-clyinder....it's a motor that plenty of people have turbo charged...including Ford with the old SVO Mustang from the mid-80's. Otherwise, i'd go for a V-8 swap and SUPERCHARGE. I'm pretty sure that anything that goes into a 3.0 will ahve...
  15. G

Tachometer / Speedometer Problems:

I'm having a similar problem with my speedo. in cold weather it seems to stick. but once the truck's interior warms up, it functions normally. i thought it might be water freezing on the magnet that caused it to stick....but it does it at temps well above freezing. Once temps go over 60 the...
  16. G

oil problem? what happened?

The only thing that's worse than hearing the oil hitting the ground, is watching it rain down onto you. I work at one of those quick lubes, and when i was learning the ropes of working on the bottom sides of a car, I Double-Gasketed without realizing it. I told the topside tech it was safe to...
  17. G

Low Range Indicator Light

Thanks for point that thread out ot me, i didn't think to put any sealant between the shift motor and the transfer case, i'll do that this weekend. and i guess i'll just have to deal with my dim glow.....oh well.
  18. G

Low Range Indicator Light

I own a 93 Sport with the mazda 5-speed. and i've been having an annoying issue with the low range indicator light. I've spent 2 hours searching with no luck. When i first bought the truck last october, i was learning to use the electronic shift, i couldn't figure how to get it out of 4wd low...
  19. G

Brighter headlights on Gen-1 explorer

AH, now you tell me....lol thanks, i'll go fix the issue once it stops raining here.
  20. G

Custom RCA Cables

THANKS JIMBO! I'll keep that in mind next time i try to post pics off of that site. i fixed my original post, so you can delete the extra pics.
  21. G

Custom RCA Cables

Alright, so i thought it would be a couple days before i could try this, but i did it cuz i just couldn't wait. it was so simple! i recommend everybody cut thier RCA cables to length. I've got some pics of the final results. I had to do it twice because the first time the length of the cord was...
  22. G

Custom RCA Cables

Gimme a couple days to attempt one myself. If i manage to booger it up, i'll PM you. I appreciate the offer!!!
  23. G

That's kinda what i was thinking....but if that's the case, it means it's been messed up from the factory and how did the original 9004 bulbs work for the last 15 years? the truck is a 93 sport, by the way.
  24. G

Custom RCA Cables

So I'm in a unique situation. Normally, I find myself coming up several inches short when it comes to wiring, but this time i really only need a few inches total. I have an Panasonic in-dash DVD player. the headunit comes with an auxillary box that allows me to easily hook up other video...
  25. G

What did I mess up Ok, I did this mod. Followed the directions to the T. but opted to just switch the wires in the factory harness. Green/black with black, just like it said. Now my high beam light in the cluster is on whenver the headlights are on and whenever i switch to to highs, the lights...
Back