Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

weird problem i think

there is no codes present,oil level is good. but no movement in D but it will move in 1st postion and 2nd.and reverse. anyone !!!
  2. F

weird problem i think

last week the i was drive the explorer (2002 with a 5r55w) and stopped at a light went to take off and there was nothing. put it in reverse and it backed up so i move it out of traffic. i put it back in drive i felt like it wanted to move but it didn't. so i put it in 1st and it moved once i...
  3. F

what did i do wrong

i did not take the oil pump assembly apart.
  4. F

what did i do wrong

Rebuild my 5r55w tranny in a 2002 Explorer, it had a broken band for reverse. changed all the friction and steel, went together nice. now after about a week of driving it now has a whine. Start the truck up, its there park or netural put it in drive or reverse it stops,start moving the whine...
  5. F

ebay timing chain kits

has any one use one of these kit for the 4.0 sohc how is the quality of these.
  6. F

is my tranny done???

while i drop the pan and found the low /rev band broken and worn. so i removed the tranny and replace all three bands and all of the clutches and steel but it back and it as good as new again. should be good for another 280,000km lol thanks for the help.
  7. F

U-Haul?

i had a problem with my 2002 explorer and wanted to rent a car dolly to bring it home i was going to tow with my 1994 e350 work tuck they didn't want any thing to do with it. so i called another branch and told them i was towing a 2002 escape and i was able to get the dolly. the explorer fit no...
  8. F

what is the differance between the 2 door and 4 door

heater hose blew and over heated the motor, and either cracked the head or blew the gasket on my 2002 explorer (4.0L) i call a few scrap yards and they all tell me the the 2door. motor is differant then the 4door. motor. what is the differance? is it the bolt on stuff that make the differance...
  9. F

is my tranny done???

while backing up a slight incline the rev gear started to slip and o/d flashed as i gave it more fuel to get up the hill. the codes i recovered is P0720 and P0722. all forward gears engage good no slipping. its just reverse that is giving me problems. thanks
  10. F

is my tranny done???

have a 2002 exp. with a 4.0l all forward gears work good no slipping with gear change. its just reverse if i apply too muh gas i get slippage and the o/d light will come on some time. what problem am i look at here worn clutches, bands or solenoid. thanks for any input.
  11. F

4.0 l timing chain broke?????? help!!!!!!!!!!!!

i had the same problem on my 98 ex. the fiber gear stripped off the sprocket as well with worn guilds. it bent all the valve in both heads but no damage to the pistons. sent the haed out for repairs. came back looking new for $300(cdn) each head. then for another $1000+ /- for the rest of the...
  12. F

Weird problem on a 1990 E350.

I have a 1990 E350 with a 5.8 cube van. it runs great till the fuel gauge get to abut half at tank then it starts to stumble and studder when leaving a traffic light. it feels like its running out of fuel. then once i get up to 30 to 40 kph its ok again until i stop again. it will do this from...
  13. F

Drl

its time to get your self a new module. it is bolted on the rad support on the left side of the rad.
  14. F

tranny flush?

do a search on it, there is a bunch of info on how to do it.
  15. F

Low Cost External Filter, Why Not?

the two small port on the filter head is not really to measure line pressure, but to read oil filter restriction so you know when to change the filter, when the pressure is in the 25 to 30 psi. its time for a new filter. we have these head's on our roll off trucks at work. just a little...
  16. F

Can A 2WD drive A4ld be converted to 4x4

or you can just use the 2wd tranny with out the t/c use a shorter drive shaft. so that you will only have 2wd. at least you are still mobile while you save up to get your 4wd tranny is being rebuild.
  17. F

Broken Rod Replacement

remove the oil pan and have a look.
  18. F

Engine break in advice

here is some reading on engine break ins http://www.mototuneusa.com./break_in_secrets.htm
  19. F

where to buy extended radius arms

other then waiting to find a used set of arms, were can one buy a new set from? i was checking super lift site and they don't have none listed same as tough country none. these are for a ttb. thanks.
  20. F

96 Eddie Bauer with 15" Rims?

my 98 awd limited came with 235/75 15's and my sisters 96 also came with 15's
  21. F

Early Mustang Hood scoop in an Explorer Hood...

i'm watching you. good job, should come out good
  22. F

Fixing uneven driver's seatback

had the same problem somewhat on a 88 bronco ii i had.the pivot bolts where fine when i took the backing cushion off and found the backing frame, the spot welds let go.i covered up any thing that could catch fire and re twist the frame in placeand welded the backing frame in place. it some...
  23. F

A/C Compressors: Are they all the same from 95-01?

i just replaced the compressor on my 98 5.0 exp whith a compressor from a 94 areostar with a 4.0l motor. and no problem so far and its been two months so far.
  24. F

A/C problem with coolant smell

heater core has a small leak
  25. F

Mileage/Year/Drive engine of your Ranger?

390,000km / 1988 / 2.9l 4wd it finally died 2 years ago
Back