Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

Time to say good-bye!

I know...I have toiled over this decision for quite some time. However, I just "came into" an extremely low mileage 2008 RX350 from a family member and cannot justify keeping both vehicles. The RX350 is extremely reliable, easy to work on and gets about 50% better gas mileage than my EB. If I...
  2. V

Time to say good-bye!

Thanks, Josh! I've enjoyed taking care of her over the years. Just finished a comprehensive detail to prepare her for her new home. - 2 Bucket wash - Clay Bar - Compound polish - Wax - Seal Based on comparable EB Explorers in the area and a KBB estimate, I believe $3,750 is a pretty far price...
  3. V

Time to say good-bye!

So, after 18 years of faithful service, it is time to say good-bye to my first brand-new car - my 1999 EB Explorer! I still remember the day we picked her up from Jordan Ford in San Antonio, fresh off the vehicle transport from the factory as she was a special order. She has performed admirably...
  4. V

Wanted Replacing EB Steering Wheel Control Buttons

Thank! Just ordered the replacements...will post pics once I have them installed.
  5. V

Wanted How to remove moulding?

Had a run-in with a chain-link fence, so I'm searching for a replacement trim piece.
  6. V

Thanks! I'll let everyone know if and where I find them!
  7. V

Wanted How to remove moulding?

Does anyone have experience removing the wheel/door trim moulding on an Eddie Bauer? There are 2 7mm bolts at the top and bottom of the moulding, and then 4 clip-like attachments along the length of the moulding. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the clips to release. I tried an...
  8. V

Team - Anyone have experience replacing the control buttons on an EB steering wheel? The rubber has gotten sticky on mine and most of the white text has rubbed off over time. I cannot seem to be able to find these parts anywhere online. Most of the parts I find are for the XLT that are mounted...
  9. V

Wanted Recommendations for repairing surface rust

The repair far exceeds the value of the vehicle at this point. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm sitting on a collector's item. Don't believe the '99s are going to suddenly become the hot commodity in Scottsdale!
  10. V

That's what I'm afraid of...I'm planning to pull the running board this weekend to get a peek at how bad the problem is. Need to get all of my supplies together and then tackle it!
  11. V

Thanks for the great advice!
  12. V

Sticking Rear Door Locks

This has been a lifetime problem with my '99 EB. Have not yet found a solution. I did see somewhere suggested that it is the lock actuator. Have not replaced it yet to see if this fixes the problem.
  13. V

Looking for some recommendations on how to best tackle some surface rust that has appeared along the sill of the RH rear door. The rust has not progressed beyond the sill, so I want to try to tackle this issue before it gets any worse. Hoping for some DIY suggestions that are going to keep me...
  14. V

Ped5Stang Used Parts!

This guy is awesome! Thanks for the connection!
  15. V

1999 EB SOHC Running Hot after new thermostat, housing, sensors

Thanks, all...I'll keep working at it and let everyone know...I think my last resort will be StreetRod's recommendation...
  16. V

1999 EB SOHC Running Hot after new thermostat, housing, sensors

I have a 99 Eddie Bauer SOHC, around 135K miles. I recently completed a massive repair job after the dealer told me they wanted $1,100 to replace my thermostat housing. Original diagnostic came after the truck dying on me 2x and had to have it towed. I just finished replacing the thermostat...
  17. V

Seeking replacement "hairpin clips" for Upper Intake Manifold

I pulled my upper intake manifold yesterday to replace the thermostat housing. In the process, one of the "hairpin clips" used to hold rubber hose to the underneath of the manifold broke. There are 2 of these lines feeding into the left and right side of the upper manifold. The clip is...
Back