Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

2-3" spindle lift

I know this is an old thread, and I've been researching for the past 2 hours. I just want to get some clarifications down. -Since I have a 98 explorer, I'd only be able to get 98 Ranger Edge spindles correct? And it absolutely has to be the edge model? -I'm guessing no one makes a lift spindle...
  2. R

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

WOW.:thumbsup: You've done about 4 times as much driving as me and yours is just a year older than mine! Just hit 91k on mine
  3. R

Might be getting a 91 Explorer.

Thanks for all your input. I really do hope that luck is on my side Kamel. Hopefully he did have to replace things in it so that gives me less to worry about in a way. So how's the 4wd work on it? Is it a transfer case with hi and low or is it a knob then wait for it to engage? It really is...
  4. R

Might be getting a 91 Explorer.

Well there's a 91 Explorer, 4x4, that sits outside a house close to mine. Looks like it's in pretty good shape. Typical bent front bumper like what I see on most around my area (lol), and needs a wax. The guy is selling it for $900 which I think is a fairly good deal. What do you think? Haven't...
  5. R

Locker worth it for a 2wd?

Thanks for your input ohe boy! I actually thought about it a lot today and I figure I'm just gonna get a cheap 4x4. Doesn't matter what, as long as it doesn't have TOO many problems. I know of a guy selling a 91 Explorer for 800. Very good deal I think but I haven't talked to him about it's...
  6. R

Locker worth it for a 2wd?

Well, basically, I know it IS worth it over an open diff. But how do you think a locked 2wd will hold up with the 4x4's? Open diffs on the 4x4s if you will, since most of the ones I go out with are. The only place to off road here in Spring, TX is a place called Spring Creek Off Road. It's got...
  7. R

TT, Shackles, Pro-comp bar installed!

Thank you for the input. I ask because mine had to go to several shops apparently and was a pain to get aligned before it was mine? Plus I simply don't want to pay for an alignment. Thank goodness for family members that have automotive skills ;)
  8. R

TT, Shackles, Pro-comp bar installed!

Andy, did you have any problems getting an alignment after the TT? I ask because I heard it's hard to align Explorers? Anyone else is welcome to answer this as well.
  9. R

New Modifications- Mesh Grille and 7-inch Spotties

Looks good! We did the same light set up minus your lights being better lol. Take it off road! I'm 2wd also and it's fun until you get stuck. Mudding or anything=). Went just recently and I'm addicted kind of.
  10. R

Question on installing Hella 500's...

Thanks Bill. So far I'm loving the lights. So much brighter than my stock lights and I expected less of it. I'm just trying to decide still of where to mount the switch:confused:. Thinking of putting it somewhere where the cup holders are. Right now it's just poking out where the tissue box hole...
  11. R

4.0 Exhaust Clip Thread !

+1 on the Cherry Bomb Vortex Love the low rumble and mellowness of it. Found this video a while back of one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8re0oYQOOhc
  12. R

Finished up wiring my lights with my Dad today. Here's what I did all together: I bought 4" brackets from Home Depot for about $3 or so for two in a pack. Bolts, washers, and nuts cameup to 53 cents total. What a bad time to not have change. I had to break 10 lol They're pretty sturdy...
  13. R

Sigh, you're right they aren't. Still researching into my state's auxiliary lighting laws though just to be sure (talk about desperate lol). But yeah, I suppose I'm fine with going the legal way. My high beams are almost low beams anyhow with the years put on those bulbs;) Thanks for the help...
  14. R

Forgive me if this has been asked a time or two before (or more), but I noticed that the the instructions that came with the lights say to connect the green wire to the high beam. To my knowledge, I'm pretty sure this only enables the lights when the high beams are in use. I want to be able to...
  15. R

Went mudding finally!

Haha, I was wondering when someone would ask that! I decided to paint the grill black. The gunmetal was alright but it was starting to fade and have a cracked look. Left the chrome though. Just letting it sit for a few days then I'll put it on sometime this week.
  16. R

Went mudding finally!

Definitely man. Just bought a pair of Hella 500's. Score.
  17. R

Went mudding finally!

Went mudding today at noon with my cousin and our friend and just thought I'd share with you guys. Went at around the town just looking for a good spot and I suppose we found a decent one. The mud may not have been so deep (for a 4x4 anyway) but it was good enough for my 4x2. Didn't even have to...
  18. R

Bumper Mount Light Brackets

Eager to see some pics!
  19. R

Been thinking about a bumper lately.

Lately I've been debating if I should get a bumper. I'd like to use it for lights mainly and a tow point if the tube styles can hold up to that. I don't have any idea or information of a shop here around Houston, TX and have no idea how to even begin making one on my own, so I figure I should...
  20. R

Wouldn't start for a while today.

About 81 thousand. We actually tried doing so this year but we couldn't get the old one off somehow. But you're right I think it should be changed out too.
  21. R

Wouldn't start for a while today.

I turned my key and all it was doing was cranking and trying to start. Kept turning the key and tapped some gas into it but once you stop giving it gas, the engine dies. Then my Dad turned it and kept revving it to 3000rpm's or so until it could finally keep an idle state. Did it just need to...
  22. R

Mounty71's 4x4 Long Travel Build

Ha, I was looking at your front right hook for the most part. Mine is leaning towards that way like yours but no where close to yours. Yeah you and me both actually with the horizontal frame rail. I'm just scared the bolt would rip out from the frame but now I'm possibly just paranoid. I could...
  23. R

Mounty71's 4x4 Long Travel Build

Your Mountaineer looks really good. I noticed that one of your hooks are bent or unless it's how it is, mounted to the frame. But if it is bent, are you too worried about using it? Mine is starting to bend from the frame and I wonder if I should even use it. Wouldn't want to hit or injure anybody.
  24. R

any 2 wheel drive offroaders???

How are you liking your locker? Any surprise encounters with it on the road?
  25. R

Really? Not too many finds for front hitches for 98 Explorer.

Sorry and thanks izwack. I read it, but it doesn't help me out much for front receiver hitches :(. But my fault, didn't explain it in the body enough.
Back