Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

CLogged/Broken Heater Core??

Start the vehicle and leave the trans in park. Pop the hood and locate the Air conditioning compressor. Turn on your defrost and monitor the AC compressor. The compressor should cycle on and off during defrost. Air conditioning/ cold evaporator coil is a dehumidifier, to prevent fogging of the...
  2. K

33's on 15's

I totally agree.... because i killed mine and had to rebuild it. i had a 3.27 ring and pinion and waited to long for the 4.10
  3. K

Some connectors are not in place dont know where to connect them!

it seems you are missing a egr pressure sensor that is mounted right below the idle air control valve, I can see the mounting holes, the one on the left has a bolt, the hole on the right is empty.
  4. K

BETTER GAS MILEAGE / MPG? Give your HOW TO's, TIPS, & SUGGESTIONS

Aldive was a great member, and he did very good gas mileage data after every mod he performed, his posts are the best info on gas mileage on this forum in my opinion. Here is a link to his 30+ mpg explorer. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137531
  5. K

Underdrive/Overdrive Pulleys, New Alternator

Yep ASP does. Got one on my 96 ohv http://www.hensonperformance.com/Productsften.html
  6. K

transmission wf

Whoops, my bad... it has been a few years since I did my rebuild, I lost second gear I believe.
  7. K

transmission wf

This is also very common, vb gasket is paper thin. When i rebuilt my trans I slapped in a rebuilt VB from Central Valve bodies, great customer service and product
  8. K

transmission wf

Overdrive drive light flashing? That indicates trans problems. Sounds like you need to adjust your bands, or you have a broken band. That happened to me.. Broke the band anchor in half and lost first gear. Did a complete tear down and rebuild
  9. K

Cam shaft position sensor and oil pump

I am surprised they tried to install a new cam synch with the lower manifold still attached. Ford factory book says to remove lower intake manifold. I managed to do mine with pulling the hood and using my skinny ass to get everything installed. If they didnt know about removing the manifold i...
  10. K

4.0L Air Intake Question

The actual MAF sensor housing is attached to the inside of the cylinder air filter housing. What is pictured on the mac site is just the MAF housing. You should be able to remove the housing from the air filter box, thus being able to use a air intake kit.
  11. K

Thermostat Replacement...

if you have a ohv 4.0 the 95 and 96 will be the same. If i remember correctly all i do is remove the serpentine belt, drain the coolant down some, remove the three bolts holding the housing to the lower intake manifold, remove thermostat, clean mating surfaces of rtv. replace thermostat and...
  12. K

Running Rich Rough Idle pls HELP

I still want to lean towards the maf sensor or circuit that is causing your problems. From experience, research and watching others a bad maf, wrong maf, different size housings, or messing with the sample tube can cause the strangest running conditions. I heard you mention a electrician, maybe...
  13. K

Running Rich Rough Idle pls HELP

It could just be the angle of the picture messing with my vision, but the picture of the two Mass Airflow Housings (black plastic, grey aluminum) are of different sizes. The MAF is tuned for a specific engine size and housing size. If I remember correctly the first gen guys are able to use...
  14. K

4" Superlift plus 3" bodylift on 33s Pictures

Yeah I rub on the plastic fender flares, but i did swap mine out for the wider flares that are seen on explorers.
  15. K

4" Superlift plus 3" bodylift on 33s Pictures

Here is my 96 with 4 inch superlift, 3 inch body with 33 BFG mud terrains
  16. K

my wife's 97 is having problems

the fuse panel located to the left of your steering wheel( sitting in the car) contains the fuse for the AC compressor. I pulled mine out and threw it in the glove box. Do you have the owners manual? It will tell you what fuse to pull. If not I can take a look at mine and let ya know
  17. K

Vibtration From Front End

96+ is a complete new hub.
  18. K

gears?

I am pretty handy with my explorer, but I never attempted to do a ring and pinion. I went to the junk yard and pulled front and rear axle housings and swapped them out. One thing to do after a gear swap or tire size change is to calibrate your speedometer. If you have a auto tranny your shift...
  19. K

Have you pulled the fuse for the compressor to see if your idle is better with the heat on? Changing a comprssor takes some special tools. The EPA has banned the release of refrigerant(freon) into the atmosphere, and will pay up to 10000.00 dollars for people telling on others. First you...
  20. K

Rough Idle Questions

Sounds like a huge vacuum leak. Have you tested fuel pressure at the manifold? My rig hesitates alot and I narrowed it down to the fuel pressure regulator on the fuel manifold. I am reading low pressure at idle. My motor hesitates like that also for a little bit, but doesn't die. Might be worth...
  21. K

The AC Compressor in the 97 is failing, which leads to it seizing when running, which will slow down your serpentine belt to aid bad idle stalling condition. When the heat is on the HVAC system will cycle the air conditioning system on and off. This is due to humidity and condensation...
  22. K

no voltage to o2 sensors

If I remember correctly there is a fuse in the cabin or under the hood that is for the 02 sensors.
  23. K

95 Explorer Lifting Question

Mine is a 96 with the welded rear torsion bar mounts. Superlift brackets bolt right over the welded mounts. I would know because I am the one that installed the lift and found the info on this forum. Granted the torsion bar mounts do stick down and can and will get hung up on rocks. Yes it...
  24. K

Help please

The 4 inch superlift will work on your explorer. All you need to do is by torsion bar isolators from a 97+ explorer. The superlift bracket bolts over the 96-96 isolator and the 97+ isolator rests in the torsion bar bracket. Trust me, I just installed the superlift on my 96 a couple months ago
  25. K

95 Explorer Lifting Question

In my opinion I would stay away from the torsion twist. I owned a isuzu trooper with cranked bars, and my explorer had cranked bars for at least three years. I hated the rough ride. When you crank the t bars you push the upper and lower control arms closer together to achieve lift, but at the...
Back