Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Back in the game........

Yeah. Iknow it can be hard to find one but there has been a few around here for sale. I am thinking about hitting up the auction yard when I get some cash and pick something up cheap.
  2. B

Back in the game........

I will, i miss having a 4x4 but right now couldn't afford to drive it. I already have two v8 cars and it is killing me having to drive 70miles a day round trip with both the cars. I might have to get a 4x4 for this winter though. Maybe a 4cyl 4x4 ranger if I can find one or a 4x4 yota.
  3. B

Back in the game........

I am still alive. at the moment I don't have any explorers but I might end up with a 4x4 at some point. I have been working a lot and i haven't had much time to get on here. i have 2 mid 90's 5 series bmw's that I am fixing up. i haven't had the money to build another truck yet because I lost my...
  4. B

Back in the game........

well I got rid of the 4guage wire and fuse that was between the alt and the battery and hooked up the factory alt wire hooked up. I also hooked up one of the auxilery lights in the rear to the reverse lights. I was able to fix the rear hatch so it opens and closes properly. The next thing to do...
  5. B

Do i need lower gears?

I ran 4.56's in my last explorer with 32's and it was great. I have 4.10's in the ex I have now and it doesn't accelerate nearly as fast as I want it to and I don't know how it does offroad yet. I will find out soon.
  6. B

Back in the game........

installed the left radius arm bushing. Looked at the ones the PO gave me and they were not what they were supposed to be so I went and baught a cheap rubber one for now and it took the clunk away. It drives a lot better now too. I also noticed that none of the tires are balanced and that is...
  7. B

Back in the game........

no red bumper this time but probably going to modify it to be closer to what I had. Maybe build a stinger off the front of the bumper and cut off that bull nose it has now. I want to cut it off to put the grill back on and make it look more like an ex again.
  8. B

Back in the game........

I like black because it is just more classy. LoL. I am going to be doing a few drastick changes to the front bumper and I am going to make a basket for the roof instead of buying one. I am thinking about either making a better lift for the truck or buying one once I have the money to do so.
  9. B

Back in the game........

I am thinking about painting the truck balck and making a sequal to the black goblin sence the orange paint is coming off the roof and some of the other spots.
  10. B

Back in the game........

Well I have been driving the truck for two days now and the engine light has stayed off so I guess the MAF sensor was throwing the cel light the whole time. It has been running pretty good today while I was out driving around running errands.:thumbsup:
  11. B

Back in the game........

just got done working on the ex and found that someone installed an amp fuse between the battery and the alt. And it had fallen apart. I put it back together and the battery started charging. I am going to keep working on the stuff. Lots of little things.
  12. B

Back in the game........

well I just went out to check out the idle problem and I found the maf sensor halfway unplugged and the intake hose between the maf ane the throtle body was loose and losing vacume.
  13. B

Back in the game........

well I got the breaks and wheel bearings fixed and now I need to fix the stalling problem and the radius arm bushings. After that I need to fix the pass front door hindge. It drives pretty good and has power but does burn a little oil.
  14. B

Mounty71's Elite Registry--'91 Explorer

man this suks that it burned up. I can't believe that the trans went out. I must have been real hard on it. Oh well she had a good life while she was around.:(
  15. B

Back in the game........

it will deffinately stay alive with me. I am in the process of bringing her back to her glory already. I can't wait to drive her around and see how many looks I get in it.
  16. B

Back in the game........

Its got EF bling on both side windows and on the rear hatch and the spare hatch has Moab and the Badlands on it.:D
  17. B

Back in the game........

Here it is sitting in my driveway next the GC that towed it home with me puckering the whole way home.:rolleyes:
  18. B

Back in the game........

I will have pics up soon. I am going to the title place to transfer my plates from my s10. I need to take the front wheels off and greese the front bearings because it is growling and I don't think he greased the front bearings after he was out in 3ft of water. I have already gotten the drivers...
  19. B

Back in the game........

Well after a LONG and crazy night I finally got home at 5am central time with Jman689's '92 X on a trailor behind my wifes Grand Cherokee. Everything went great until the binder for the chain holding the front broke a mile from his house. So I wrapped the chain around the front axle and drove...
  20. B

The Big Run: Truckhaven Oct. 23-24th 2010

I tryed but she wouldn't have it so I rove over a boulder in a parking lot we were in and I drove over the large gravel pile on her parents farm with it.
  21. B

I am living about a hundred miles west of Indy right now. I am married to a wonderful woman that puts up with my car fetish and I have two great step sons. I am really wanting to build another truck because my wife told me the jeep I baught her is not an offroad vehicle lol. She told me f I...
  22. B

I wish I could make this run. I had so much fun when I went last. It is kinda har to get out there being in Illinois now and also having a family now also makes it hard to make it to any runs. I did see rock rangers truck in La Jolla when I was in San Diego for my Hunnymoon. I was out there...
  23. B

Return from Big Bear Camp & Crawl

I wish I could have made it. That looked like fun. I am still job searching and my rent takes all my unemployment money.:(:rolleyes:
  24. B

July 10-12 Camp n' Crawl in Big Bear

i want togo buI am a little short on money for gas because I just rented a new room out. Unless someone wants to pick me up on the way. :D hehe.
  25. B

July 10-12 Camp n' Crawl in Big Bear

Happy 4th everyone.:us::D:cool:
Back