Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Cylinder 7 Misfire

Conventional wisdom would suggest replacing the coil. There are multiple threads explaining how to test before hand, but it is an easy replacement and relatively inexpensive. The fact that is it "covered in oil" is concerning. However, if the cylinder is not firing (for what ever reason) you...
  2. T

ABS light comes on intermittenly.

Greetings, I too am having problems pinpointing an ABS error with my '02 V8 4x4 EB. After about 6 months of the ABS lighting up occationally, the ABS light now appears at startup (before moving the vehicle) and remains constant until key off - if the key is on and motor running, the light is...
  3. T

How I changed my 05's Front Wheel Bearing

Great Write Up Just finished LF Wheel Bearing on my '02 EB V8 4x4 with 149K on the clock. Only a few missteps, most were predictable (and avoidable) but nevertheless I am done. The most helpful information in the thread seems to be the use of the 13-15 mm offset box-end wench. Perhaps the...
  4. T

How To: Replacing Front Hub / Bearing 1995+ Ford Explorer IFS

Thanks for the details and pix! Awesome job. I performed this operation in last December and am glad to learn that great minds think alike. My post however, concerns the ABS light after the wheel bearing was replaced. It remains on. I have checked the connection several times to no avail...
  5. T

02 4x4 Vibrating at low speed when turning, help locate technical service bulletin

I have a '02 EB 4x4 with the same problems deailed above. At 89,000 miles I am well out of warranty so I am opting for the lube change and friction modifier plan. The TSB states that 75w140 (not 75W90) should be used and FM XL-3 (not XL-7) be used AFTER the repair. My question is, should...
Back