Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Smells like Turpentine???

I recently bought a 2001 Explorer, it's from California so is a low emission vehicle. I like it fine, but it has this smell, like turpentine, what is that? and can I get rid of it? Thanks Forest
  2. F

Turpentine Smell??

I recently bought a 2001 Explorer, it's from California so is a low emission vehicle. I like it fine, but it has this smell, like turpentine, what is that? and can I get rid of it? Thanks Forest
  3. F

my exhaust smells like..turpentine?

smell like turpentine?? I just recently bought a '01 Explorer, and I live in Iowa, it's been really cold here lately. This morning it was -10 degrees and I get that turpentine smell also. And yes it doesn't seem as bad on warmer days. I thought that it might have something to do with it's a...
  4. F

Low Emission 2001 Explorer??

I live in Iowa and I just bought a 2001 Ford Explorer XLT, I noticed in the paper work that it is from California and I wondered what are the main differences between it and other Explorer's that where made for the rest of the country, is it just the exhaust system, I'm wondering if I made a big...
  5. F

My shifter has gone wacko!!

I have a 1992, with automatic trans. I pulled in the drive got out to pick up mail in mail box. Pulled shifter from park to drive and nothing happen? Then when I pulled it all the way down to 1 it goes forward. OK so I pulled up the drive and parked in front of the house. It will go in park and...
  6. F

Cold Blooded '92 XLT

Now that we have had some cooler mornings, my '92 XLT starts fine, but when I put it in gear it stalls. So I have to wait a couple of minutes to warm up, then it's Ok. Got any ideas what the problem is? Thanks Forest
  7. F

92 Explorer slow to warm up on cold mornings

It takes forever to warm up on a cold morning, is this common to Explorers or do I need a new thermostat and is it a ***** to change it. Thanks Forest
  8. F

Rebuilt Transmission did I pay too much??

My 1992 Ford Explorer has 150,000. miles on it, when the transmission started jerking when I put it in reverse and when I would come to a stop, it would lockup and kill the motor. The local Ford dealership took in down, and the pan was full of metal. I had them install a rebuilt, I have to say...
  9. F

Automatic Transmission

1992 Ford Explorer, has 150.000 miles. This problem just started, when I put it in reverse, it jerks, then I put in nuteral for a few seconds and then back to reverse, then it's OK and backs up. Sometimes when I stop it will jerk and the engine stalls, but will start right up again. Does this...
  10. F

Back Brake or Brakes locked up??

The other day on the way home from work, I made a stop at Osco Drug, when I went to leave, it was like the emergency brake was on, but it wasn't. The truck pulled real hard for a moment, and then it was OK, tranny shifted just fine, strange. My mechanic had put brake pads on the front a week...
  11. F

How can I get through firewall with Coax Cable

I'm wondering where would be a good place to put Coax Cable from engine compartment through the firewall and into interior for my CB and Ham Radios, anybody got any ideas? Maybe I'll have to drill a hole? or how about where the emergency brake cable comes in? Thanks Pete
Back