Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

High Speed Shake

oem wells with recommended tire size being ran.... my hands being washed of the truck tho purchasing a 1995 f-150 5speed with 4.9L inline 300 6 cyl
  2. R

Are all 3.0's Gutless??

the 3.0 engine is a flex fuel engine they can either run off gasonline or they are able to run of ethanol alternative fuel it is a cleaner burning and more eco friendly fuel but the fuel economy from what i understand is not as good as running gasoline threw them...
  3. R

Odd Cooling System Phenomenon

So today i used prestone coolant system superflush and flushed out the coolant system and managed to get all the rust and calcium build up in the system out of it... If had the water pump going out i would think i would be having a heat issue on the inside of the cab and not getting adequate...
  4. R

High Speed Shake

It is on highway speeds only and it comes and goes... it feels more like a drivetrain shake then a suspension shake... and it only does it on highway have no issues at all while driving on main access roads and around town..
  5. R

High Speed Shake

Here is my issue... I have a 98 2 door 5 speed explorer that has a highway speed shake anytime i get on the Highway and i do over 60 mph i get this shake most the time but not always... items that have been replaced with no fix... All 4 tires rotated and balanced New upper and lower ball...
  6. R

Oh yes... and if i can manage to get the running conditions figured out and striaghtend out i could possibly find a donor truck to put the engine in which the only reason i am still driving the truck that and wit hit being the 2door 5 speed i got great milage usually around 23 any help would be...
  7. R

Well lets breathe some life back into this thread for thoose who have yet to find a solution to there problems.... I have a 98 4.0 OHV (Pushrod) engine... Ill start from the very beginning and all ts i have done up to date to give yall a good idea of where i stand... In the beginning i...
  8. R

'99 Eddie Bauer problems

Very true to what the others have told you.... If your thermostat is bad and is stuck open your truck will not warm up to proper operating temperture and will run with a rich mixture of fuel and causing poor fuel economy... and noticeable performance issues as you are not getting the proper...
  9. R

Body panels

Ok so last saturday i had a deer run out in front i swerve to miss still hit it and wind up hitting a telephone pole in the process wiping out the bed.....insurance company is playing games with me on wether or not they are going to cover cause they say it doesnt look like animal damage....but...
  10. R

Solved Lifts and Max tire sizes

all good and peachy but just one question i has anyone made a chart for rangers
  11. R

how do I remove OEM shift knob

Yea it is just glued on hella good like they said heat it up with a hot air gun and get something under it and just knock the hell out of it....Keep your face clear from getting drilled in the face with it tho.... cause i personally would rather not pull it off towards me watched a buddy get a...
  12. R

Are all 3.0's Gutless??

I had a 2001 3.0 Edge Manual Trans and i thought it was ok as it was an upgrade from a 88 2.0 5 speed ranger...but was disappointed on how it acted like a 4cyl having to at times **** into 3rd gear climbing hills running in the mids 3k+ rpms...about a year ago i bought a 2005 FX4 and totally...
  13. R

Photos Return of the redemption run '08

i seen another guy get hung up like sticko did and we used a hi lift on his bumber to to get the grip needed to full him self off
  14. R

Yuma Az. in may???

Good deal tbars
  15. R

Yuma Az. in may???

HA i guess i jump on board and say im waiting on a day to tell the bosses....(DAMN ECONOMY FORCING PEOPLE TO WORK TO JOBS JUST TO SURVIVE)
  16. R

Photos Return of the redemption run '08

Wow looks like you all really had a blast sorry maniak that i missed ya on the caravan i got switched up to the night shift and couldnt get friday off so i winded up working until 8 am sat and then my bank account is under $20 so there was just no way i was going to be able to do this run if im...
  17. R

Yuma Az. in may???

Hey tbars let me know when it is i would def be down for a meet and great down around yuma i havent dipped down that far south in the state yet i still have yet to make it farther into cali then salton actually
  18. R

TRUCKHAVEN: The redemption run! April 19-20th

Yea sorry guys i couldnt make it out i got put on the night shift so i didnt even get off work until like 8 am wouldnt have been there until like 1pm and then i also have 18 dollars in the bank so either way i was screwed on this run
  19. R

I know this for sure im still in to come on out.... on the down side im starting to get frustrated at truck is still stock....my other truck has yet to sell....and im looking for a place to live and a job....lol whats next
  20. R

I remember when i rode along for the first time with Tom out in truck haven in the nav i look in the back and he had axle shafts....(first experience in true offroading).....i was like are you serious but now i know and on another note in three weeks i will be getting my seperation package from...
  21. R

Well then......good luck with your new springs
  22. R

doesnt duff have some kind of warranty or something on thoose that you could get them replaced... i mean even though you bought another set prior two im sure someone would buy your old springs
  23. R

New Car Ride

welcome and just goes to show if you really take care of a vehicle they will last forever just curious what engine does it have in it the 4.0 or 2.9(thoose were still in them right)
  24. R

Superlift kit with Fox coilovers

alot of reviews i have read about the superlift here lately have been saying that the brackets have tendency to bend when in extreme offroad conditions someone could just brace them once you have them on to the way that you want them
Back