Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Highest Mileage 4.0, V-6, Explorer

Had a 91 Explorer (manual) with 237,000 over 23 years. Only engine work done was valve cover gaskets (and regular fluids, belt, and plugs). Changed oil every 6 months, plugs every 10k. Replaced trans at 175,000. Loved that truck. Wish I'd never parted with it. Body and interior was perfect...
  2. B

2013 Explorer Liftgate Upper seal?

Thanks Pete. That's the pic I keep finding, but it's not the seal I'm looking for. The one I'm looking for only goes along the extreme top of the liftgate.
  3. B

2013 Explorer Liftgate Upper seal?

Hello All - I've read the various threads on here about replacement liftgate seals, but none of them addressed my specific seal, so I'm pretty sure that I'm not repeating an old post. I've searched the internet and can't find anything showing a part number for the upper seal that attaches to...
  4. B

2013 Explorer Headlight condensation

Thanks J_C and Peter for the speedy replies. Currently, I just have condensation in the Right headlight. Left side is clear. I'll give a shot to the compressed air first and see what kind of progress I can make. Should that fail, I'll start the removal procedure. You guys are the best.
  5. B

2013 Explorer Headlight condensation

I've read numerous threads concerning headlight condensation, but so far, everyone is just guessing or assuming. The two main questions I'm seeing are "Where is the vent located in headlight assembly?" and "What are the usual remedies for this?", yet no one has provided answers, other than...
  6. B

2007 Explorer Driver's Side Lumbar support fix

My 2007 Explorer Limited lumbar support does not work (electrical). When I use the switch, I hear the compressor hum, but there is no movement of the seat back. I have the leather seats. I've seen a lot of threads on here about fixing the mechanism, but none that describe how to remove the back...
  7. B

Tire Sensor Woes

Had mine replaced at Discount Tire at $64. Not a bad price.
  8. B

Checking My Oil on the 4.6

Got an 07 4.6. I've changed my oil many times. Dipstick always reads correctly. I'd explore what MBrooks mentioned.
  9. B

Ford Escape Forum?

Thanks. Now how do I find the Escape Forum from the Forum Index page?
  10. B

Ford Escape Forum?

I've been a member of the Explorer forum for a number of years now. I recently purchased an Escape. I googled Escape forums and found one contained on this site, but when I try to access it via the Explorer Forum Home page, no luck. Any direction on how I can get to the existing Escape forum...
  11. B

Just put a deposit down on an 06 Eddie Bauer. What should I know?

Another common problem is the Blend Door Actuator. I understand that replacing the front actuator is fairly easy, whereas I have the entire rear cargo area of my 07 Exp torn apart right now waiting for the rear actuator to come in. Oh yeah, and don't forget resoldering the four diodes on the...
  12. B

2010 Ford Expedition no dash lights and no start

Check your negative battery cable connection. I've spent numerous hours and $$ just to find out that my NEG cable was making bad contact. Cheapest route first!
  13. B

2007 door ajar issue

Interesting that no one has yet mentioned anything about a possible short caused by a chafed wire. I'm not sure whether these wires run through the trim moulding or under the carpet, but it sounds like some are under constant stress. If not the wires, then perhaps a faulty module that controls...
  14. B

I finally did the 4.6L V8 spark plugs!!

I did mine at 100,000. Followed all of the recommendations on this site and the whole process took me 1.5 hours. I soaked each plug socket with PB Blaster, let it sit for 1 hour, then used a long extension and gently broke the seal on each plug. One of the easiest, although nerve-wracking, jobs...
  15. B

Need Transmission Help

Unfortunately, I don't know anything more about transmissions other than how to change the fluid and filter, and that is what worked for me. I hate to say it, but with 260k on your transmission, you may want to cut your losses before sinking too much time an money on it in repairs. Hope all...
  16. B

08 Explorer V8 transmission issue

Joel - I'm not a certified Explorer mechanic, but your issue is a carbon copy, extremely typical problem that exists when your trans fluid need replacement. Before you mortgage your house or sell your first-born child to pay for any transmission work, change the transmission fluid and filter...
  17. B

How to remove grille air bubbles 07 explorer

Replacement. I've found them online for < $200. Mine is starting to bubble also. I'll be replacing it within the next 6 months or so.
  18. B

Need Transmission Help

I know this is an elementary suggestion, but have you tried replacing the transmission fluid and filter. I've seen that work wonders for an aged transmission. Beauboy
  19. B

2008 Ford Explorer XLT

I know it sounds stupid, but as I posted earlier, this same thing happened to me twice. After two tows valued at over $250, I felt real stupid that I couldn't figure out something as easy as a negative battery terminal connection. I've seen two types of these aftermarket connections sold. The...
  20. B

2008 Ford Explorer XLT

Have you replaced the negative battery post connector? I know it sounds elementary, but it's happened to me 3 times in 2 different Explorers. All else was working fine.
  21. B

Need Troubleshooting Help - Transmission Going Erratic

Explorer_PL - I'm glad to hear that. I got my education on this site, but good to know that a flush is not as deadly as originally thought. Thanks.
  22. B

I don't trust CARFAX any more than I do the salesman presenting it, but that's just me. Mine is an 07 and I didn't need the adapter. The fill plug is on the passenger side top, so you will need the pump - $7 at Advance Auto Parts. I wouldn't add anything other than the MERCON V fluid, if that's...
  23. B

I'm surprised that no one has recommended changing the transmission fluid and filter. I bought my 07 Exp 4.6L with approx. 97k on it. About 1 year later, it started the bucking in first gear and the hesitation from 40-60 mph. I changed the plugs and coil packs - no change. Then changed the...
  24. B

2008 Ford Explorer XLT

I've had this exact same problem with my older Exp. Every time, although it seemed like the battery, it turned out to be the Neg battery cable clamp. If yours is not the factory clamp, I'd suspect it, as imp originally pointed to.
  25. B

Kids stuffed two CD's in the radio-Any way to get em out?

Hmm. Do you have the "smart" module (navigation, LCD screen, etc.) or the base unit (no LCD, no navigation, etc.)? If the base model, it should be a multi-CD unit. But, from my experience, I'd say to first, remove the unit from the dash, then remove the electronics faceplate. You should now...
Back