Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Y

Lockers

By the way if you are thinking of getting one for the front...thats a Dana 35
  2. Y

Lockers

Ford 8.8 is what I've been told we have and any locker for an 8.8 should fit but you can always ask the company you buy it from. good luck, James
  3. Y

Stuck in 4x4

I don't know anything yet because it rained all weekend and I couldn't talk myself into the 15 mile drive to my shop. Maybe I'll get to it this weekend. The Explorer is at my house and I have no way to pull it out of the rain unless I go to my shop. Thanks for all the help,:salute: James
  4. Y

Stuck in 4x4

Thanks for all the help. Here's what happened ( I have a XLS 4dr ). I turned out of a paved driveway on to the highway. There was some loose gravel on the driveway and the right rear tire spun a little. The auto 4x system did what it's suposed to and it engaged. The problem is that it never let...
  5. Y

Stuck in 4x4

no I was pulling on to the road from a driveway and the rear tire spun just a little and it engaged like it's suposed to. But it never unlocked :mad: thanks for the help everyone but it's still not fixed. I even cut the brown wire to see if that would help but it didn't. All I know is that...
  6. Y

Stuck in 4x4

I unpluged the wire harness for the T-case.... Still in 4 hi:mad: I also can shift it to 4lo. When I press auto 4wd the 4hi or 4lo light goes off like normal but it's still in 4hi:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Someone please help this is my wife and son's only way to get around.:( Thanks, James
  7. Y

Stuck in 4x4

It's supposed to shift out of 4hi at any time. If I put the shifter in neutral it can engage 4lo just like normal. But I can't get 4hi to turn off.
  8. Y

Stuck in 4x4

My 02 xls is stuck in 4hi but 4lo works too....I'm lost..... what do I need to check. The selector behind the shift motor is pointed at "H" should it be pointed at "N"? thanks, James
  9. Y

2002+ Offroading Photos Wanted

I'm clearing a set of 245/75-r16's but you can go up to a 265/75 with minor rubbing. Some people have no rubbing at all. BTW a 245/75 is about 31 inches tall and I think a 265/75 is about 33 inches. Yankee........OVER and OUT:salute:
  10. Y

2004 Tranny issue?

I found a tsb for my x about my neutral out problem and my creakey front end. Does a TSB mean they have to fix it?I know it's just a bulletin but is it to notify the dealers of what problems to fix if someone brings their truck in and it doing something on the list?
  11. Y

Steering Noise...

Mine does that too. It does it mainly when I'm on the brakes. Check your upper ball joints mine are wornout. I don't think thats causing the problem but it may be part of it. I've pulled my left front wheel off and checked the brakes and they look fine. So by process of elimination it would be...
  12. Y

How many miles on your 3RD GEN! orig. tranny????

I have an 02 XLS 4x4 with aprox 99,000 miles. I bought it in dec. 05 with 56,000 miles. I've had the solenoid pack replaced(warranty). Other than that no problems except if I hit the brakes hard it seems to knock itself out of gear for a second. Then it slams into gear and if you are touching...
  13. Y

My last resort.

If you only have 2inches of compression travel then you would only be able to lower it 2inches anyway. Then you would be riding on steel on steel using only the tires to absorb any bumps. I'll bet you are running a very low profile tire on those rims which equals a VERY rough ride. I say lower...
  14. Y

Lift 3rd Gen 02-05: Good Guys Auto Sales

I'm wondering .......... FOX shocks for the suspension and FabTech for the body lift???? Just an Idea. Yankee......Over and Out!!!:salute:
  15. Y

I just e-mailed them I'm going to try to get some answers and part numbers.I called them again and the guy just told me it's 80% suspension 20% body lift. He said it's a 6in. lift. I'll post up when I learn more. Yankee
  16. Y

If you go to the Good Guys web site and look up that X in picture 13 you'll see a shot of the dash........... It's not even a 4wd. That would make lifting it a little easier. I'm going to call them and see what they do to lift them.............. OK I just talked to them and the guy said FOX...
  17. Y

Gulches ORV Park, Laurens, S.C.

Any one in or near S.C. want to cruise over to Gulches for some crawlin? They have something for everyone rocks, mud, hills, etc.... I've never been there but I want to go in the next month or so. Let me know if anyone is interested. Yankee..........OVER and OUT!!!!!:salute...
  18. Y

Ranger lift

who makes a good 5 or 6 inch lift for a 1993 2wd Ranger, reg cab , short bed 4cyl, 5spd? My brother is in the Marines and he is leaving to go overseas for 7 months this Fri. He asked my to lift his truck while he is gone. Any help is greatly appreciated.
  19. Y

JBA Headers???

I've heard great things about JBA. They make awesome cat forward systems
  20. Y

Who can "chirp" their wheels?

I "chirped" mine one time ...... actually I was trying to pull a rollback with a 4runner on it's back out of a ditch after an ice storm. Lets just say the State Trooper working the accident gave me a thumbs up after the smoke cleared. All four wheels baby...YEAH!!..............too bad the...
  21. Y

Towing on 265/75R16 tires.

That's how I rented a U-Haul one time...I used my father-in-law's Silverado to go pick it up. I dont think you will have a problem unless it's a VERY heavy load. I recently hauled my sister's Grand Caravan on my dad's trailer (which weighs 1900 lbs empty) and my X only droped about 2 inches in...
  22. Y

02 explorer towing

you must haul one helluva load cause I pulled my sisters grand caravan on a 1500lb+ trailer that puts too much weight on the tow vehicle and my 02 xls only drooped about 2.5 inches. What do you haul? How much does it weigh? How much does your Explorer sag? I'll try to find some thing that will...
  23. Y

Need to know how to raise a 02 xlt 6 inches , Prefer suspension.

The biggest problem on a 3rd gen is the rear. The rear half shafts (axles) actually run through a hole in the frame. That means NO ONE will get much lift without cutting and reinforcing the rear frame rails. I'm still working on a long arm lift with custom axles and a reinforced rear frame. My...
  24. Y

New flowmaster muffler, now engine will only go to around 3500 RPM in neutral

A lot of Ford vehicles have that feature. My ex-roommate's SHO Tarus had it and it was like a 93-94 or something like that. SHO v-6 auto + 150 hp shot of juice = FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUNNNNNN!!!!!!!!! Yankee.................OVER AND OUT!!!!!:salute:
  25. Y

My X on 265/75/16 BFG's

I don't know why all of the tire shops want to tell us that a 265-75 won't fit. I went looking for some tires the other day and the guy told me that a 255-70 would rub every time I hit a bump or turned. I told him " No they won't, go check out Explorerforum.com you'll see guys running tires up...
Back