Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. FlyBoyCoe

New to Arkansas

Hey there, I'm Jeff and I just moved to the Little Rock area (because Uncle Sam said so). I'm gonna be here for the next few years flying C-130s. So far I love it, AR is beautiful. I've been out of the Explorer scene for a while due to my pilot training and less than stellar wheelin'...
  2. FlyBoyCoe

How To: Replacing Front Hub / Bearing 1995+ Ford Explorer IFS

Yup. Worked great on my 2000 V8 former-AWD (before BW4406 swap). I changed the hubs due some grinding sounds, but I also had the ABS light on for several months now. During the hub swap I found the old passenger side sensor wires were frayed. New hubs = no more ABS light!
  3. FlyBoyCoe

2002 Sport Trac SAS

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, your truck is awesome Chad. Man, I miss Moab.
  4. FlyBoyCoe

Torque Monster Header (TMH) Gasket Replacement-Pointers needed

I used the same as 410. Used the torque wrench on the bolts I could get a socket on to get a feel for the amount of force needed, then used about the same for the bolts you have to use a open wrench for.
  5. FlyBoyCoe

Torque Monster Header (TMH) Gasket Replacement-Pointers needed

I used the Felpro gaskets by recomendation when I first put my TMH on, but they were likely damaged during shipping and some of the material broke apart, which I think is why I had leaky headers at first. Then I used the gaskets that came with my Torque Monsters with a thin layer of red RTV on...
  6. FlyBoyCoe

New hubs work great, realized the grinding sound I was hearing was the brake rotor hitting the caliper bracket because the old hub was sloppy. Turned the rotors and replaced the pads on both sides. Unfortunately, now that the hubs/brakes are quiet, I can hear other noises. I think my front...
  7. FlyBoyCoe

Awesome, thanks. Going to the parts store now.
  8. FlyBoyCoe

FINALLY!!!! No more friggin' Subaru Outback!

WTH BRETT? You never told me you got rid of the Outback. Congrats! I like the new ride a lot better. I can already see the roof rack, 33"s, and tube bumpers.
  9. FlyBoyCoe

I'm looking to replace my hubs tomorrow. I can get the Timken ones from Autozone for $150 ea., or some "Master Pro" ones from O'Reilly's for about $105. I want to go ahead and replace both, so there's a $90 difference overalll. Has anybody had any issues with the cheaper hubs? or should I...
  10. FlyBoyCoe

San Antonio?

I just moved down here in July, so I don't know where anything is yet. How's that offroad park?
  11. FlyBoyCoe

2002 Sport Trac SAS

I love your Sport Trac Chad, so awesome! I can't wait for my life to settle down so I can SAS my X.
  12. FlyBoyCoe

San Antonio?

I'm down in Corpus Christi, have a 2000 Eddie V8 4x4. Always looking for new people to wheel with.
  13. FlyBoyCoe

My New 5.0L 2000 Eddie!!!

Awesome '00 Eddie you got there. I love mine. I really like that red and the polish looks killer. Better go burn up those 36K miles, because you are going to love the TM headers when you get them. BTW: I don't know if you have it figured out but the "P" button silences the backup warning...
  14. FlyBoyCoe

Colorado Colors Run 09

Not sure if I'll have the time off or not, but I'm 'scribing for now.
  15. FlyBoyCoe

What has happened to all the CO area people?

Too late now, I already got it. It's got plenty of power for me at this point. Harley is doing a deal now, that any new Sporsters can be traded in within a year for full MSRP. So if it feels underpowered later on, I'll probably trade up to a bigger bike. But for now, I love it.
  16. FlyBoyCoe

I was looking at the Nightster, then the Iron came out, and with a much more attractive price tag. This is my first bike, so I figure I can start with the 883, and maybe convert it to a 1200 later on if I want.
  17. FlyBoyCoe

I decided to poke my head back in the Colorado section and I see my name in the first post. :eek: Oklahoma leaves much to be desired on the fourwheeling front, so I got myself this to entertain me on the weekends. By the way, flight training is going well, but it's a beast. 12 hour work...
  18. FlyBoyCoe

3rd generation Bumper registry

Awesome Rig, Donner! I see a future Truck of the Month here.
  19. FlyBoyCoe

Torque Monsters and Intake Spacer

Thanks Evan. I only had a weekend to finish this up so I could drive myself to work. If I had more time, I would have done something similar, but I went with some spare tubing and some plastic fittings from autozone. It was messy, but it got the job done.
  20. FlyBoyCoe

The paper-style gaskets are no longer being used. They used to ship with the TM Headers, but he's changed that to a metal based gasket now.
  21. FlyBoyCoe

City police, county sheriff, state highway patrol... to name a few.
  22. FlyBoyCoe

Yes, that was the Fel-Pro gasket that broke. I was out driving it tonight and it sounds and feels so good, I was struggling not to speed the entire time.
  23. FlyBoyCoe

Took the driver side header off today to fix the leak. Here's the gasket, notice the left port. Here's the back side of that same port. I think I found the problem... Notice the soot that 410 was talking about. I re-installed the header with one of the new gaskets that were...
  24. FlyBoyCoe

Update: I got the headers and intake spacer installed late Sunday night. A buddy of mine came over to help out on the intake spacer, which is really a 2-man job. I was able to get the headers in myself with only a few hiccups. Removing the plate that the airbox mounts (2 bolts) to was really...
  25. FlyBoyCoe

Thanks, just need to find a ride to the store, or ride my bicycle.
Back