Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

2006 Explorer 6 speed transmission shifting issue - update

If you read over on the modified forum, you will find plenty that are using Doug from BamaChips and are very satisfied. One of his signatures is throttle response. Doug is a very well known tuner in the mustang world, the 4.6 in our trucks is essentially the same.
  2. D

I believe that our friends at explorer express can fix the throttle response issue (and possibly add 1 mpg or so...) with a computer reflash. It will cost you a few hundred bucks though.
  3. D

Water Leaking from Overhead Console Map Light Button

There is a TSB for that very problem. I had it on my 2006- the dealer should fix it for free for you due to the TSB. Check this site, someone has a thread with all of the TSB's listed.
  4. D

Anyone in VA want to offer their V8 to JLT to design a cold air kit? Chesapeake, Va

http://www.jlttruecoldair.com/ They are a legend in the mustang community, consistently making the highest performing CAI's for all mustangs. They are in Chesapeake, Va Anyway, I emailed them last night about building one for our trucks, see the email below. This would be sweet, and...
  5. D

So, this TSB is brand new as of today? My truck is in tomorrow AM, are you saying that they had to road test the car for 68 miles, or you have driven it 68 miles since the update today? Thanks for any help.
  6. D

Programmers, K&N's, TB mods, Magnaflow MPG improvements?

My guess is that in Ft. Lauderdale you have a 2WD? That woud explain it if so.
  7. D

Ford Navigation

You don't need to remove anything. Lift the hood and slide it under the cowl, it takes a little wiggling. Once you have it in place, just route the wire in the open gap (while the hood is up) between the top of the quarter panel and the hood. If I recall, I had to lower the hood a foot or...
  8. D

Aftermarket grill guards

(dead link) Part 3059 black, 3059-2 chrome = Grill Guard B35-3005 = Chrome bullbar
  9. D

I had the updates applied and am very satisfied with the results btw. I also noticed that many people were concerned about the durability of this transmission due to the poor programming early on. It appears that they are putting this 6 speed into a variety of Ford applications now...
  10. D

Ford Navigation

What he said about the GPS antenna. You need a specific antenna for GPS, not a Sirius one. I originally installed my sirius antenna in the back also, however after some suggestions from this forum I moved it under the plastic cowl between the windshield and hood, works great and much easier...
  11. D

Programmers, K&N's, TB mods, Magnaflow MPG improvements?

I know that several of the modded 06+ trucks here posted results shortly after installing some of all of the above with regard to MPG gains, but I am looking for some updated info for those of you that have put some miles on your trucks now. I am looking for other ways to justify spending...
  12. D

New to the Ex, Need Ideas

I would love to see the tires if you have a picture hanging around. It is time to replace my tires (17 wheels) on my EB Explorer
  13. D

How bad is your mileage?

We live in a pretty rural area, on the backroads I average around 17.5. If you cruise on the highway @ 65-70 you can see 21 or so. City or any stop and go activity, looking at 14-15. This is a heavy rig, keep it moving and it is ok. Also, using anticipation helps keep the mileage up...
  14. D

Adding Sirius

I also purchased the DVD cable, but gave up trying to route it. Did you have to pull the headliner down to make this work? It seemed like a lot of work, I ended up getting the adaptor that ties into the stock headunit (like gh67 did), but the downside with that is no Sirius for the rear DVD...
  15. D

2006 Explorer 4X4 w/ 4.6 v8 TSB's

Me too, did you have this looked at?
  16. D

Adding Sirius

So Step 2 up there says to pull the c pillar trim panel on the passenger side, A pillar is the windshield, B pillar is between front and rear door, Is the C pillar behind the rear door? I have the harness, it is big, 6 feet or so, just want to dig in the right spot first. TIA
  17. D

Adding Sirius

They use different antennas. The factory nav install takes about 20 minutes if you take your time. The antenna is located on top of the speedometer cluster (under the dash), but on mine I just placed it under that little tray in the center of the dash w/ some good velcro. The trick is...
  18. D

Adding Sirius

It's not WAY overpriced on ebay. If you are a sharp buyer, you can get the Ford (Pioneer) unit for around $1000 and retain the steering wheel controls along with the ability to use my motorola bluetooth hands free kit (Ford wiring harness) through the factory radio. I just (personally)...
  19. D

Adding Sirius

What do you mean here? Are there 2 harnesses in the kick panel where the Sirius goes that are similar? It is strange, I can see the artist and song on the display, the SR button is active, I can change channels, but no sound.
  20. D

Adding Sirius

Ok, I installed the Sirius kit today with my '06 Nav radio (audiophile), it is working in the sense that the radio displays all of the stations and the name of the song playing, however I have no sound. Does the radio have to be programmed to accept the Sirius signal or should it be plug and...
  21. D

2006 eddie bauer MPG question

Both good points too. The mixture seems really rich on cold start, mine gets poor mileage for the first 5-10 minutes every day. My brother in law works for Irving @ the dock. In Maine, they mix 10% Ethanol this time of year for the winter mix. The poor fuel (although it never seems to...
  22. D

2006 eddie bauer MPG question

Ditto that! Sometime when you have a few minutes to kill, reset the MPG computer and let the car idle for 10 minutes and then go for a ride (of a length you choose), then make the trip home, but this time reset the MPG computer and have no idle time. It is pretty alarming at the impact of...
  23. D

What do you REALLY think about your '06+????

I am not a big fan of the steering wheel buttons either. We have an 06 EB V8, love it. I don't know if it is the quieter interior or more solid frame on the 06, but it is unlikely that your 04 is faster unless something is wrong with your 06 (or if you forgot to mention the supercharger on...
  24. D

Adding Sirius

I have already done the same thing with the starmate I have in the truck now. It looks like all of the antennas have the same connection, if it will just plug right into the ford sirius unit I guess I am all ready to go. Thanks!
  25. D

New Explorer Purchase

I was just poking around @ ford.com Check this: 2006 XLS, Program # 11250 = $1500 Program # 11256 = $1000 Program # 20062 = 0% thru 60 or 1.9% thru 72...
Back