Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Rear diff. shock

pep boys has it listed as a axle damper if that helps.
  2. L

Transmission Replacment?

it has been over two years for me and still working fine except for having to occasionally put it in 2nd then drive.
  3. L

Transmission Replacment?

sounds like your torque converter, try putting it into 2nd or third, should go right into gear after that, just a temp fix, but a fix none the less.
  4. L

Smoke Test

before i give you this tip, use it with extreme caution!!, you can use starting fluid, use short bursts and listen for the engine speed to accelerate. but only spray in quick short bursts and be extremely careful. if you hear an increase in engine speed you found your leak.
  5. L

Torque converter rattle?

also check your skid plate that covers your transfer case if you have one, mine rubs the damper on the t.case that makes a horrid train wreck noise.
  6. L

Liftgate glass hinges on an '04

i had the same issue, the kit you listed is the one i got and installed with no issues. hope this helps.
  7. L

gonna drive it off a cliff if i cant fix this gremlin!

well got it fixed, it was a bad injector, thanks 2000.
  8. L

well here is the update, cost $250, maintenance done, replaced fuel rail, replaced, injectors, changed all gaskets from lower intake manifold up, replace wires, coil pack and spark plugs. Is the problem fixed you ask. NO! now it is worse, but not missing anymore, it idles real rough, my 4.0l...
  9. L

yes i changed my fuel filter and all i could get here for injector cleaner that i trust is lucas injector cleaner, thank you for your input 2000streetrod, i am thinking the same as you suggested, i was kinda along the impression of vapor lock in that injector but your input makes more sense. i...
  10. L

bump.... could anyone have any clue's or have had this happen before i really need help. thanks.
  11. L

ok so i have gotten a little more info, if i let the truck sit a few hours and start it up, no issues no matter how far or long i drive. If i shut down and restart the truck say 10 minutes later, guaranteed to misfire. is it possible it is the pcm? could the crankshaft position sensor or...
  12. L

ok here goes, the other day i noticed my 96 ex 4.0l ohv was bucking a little at around 65mph but went away rather quickly, later in the eve, the engine started to miss bad, pulled code p0301 cylinder #1 misfire. i got her home, changed her plugs and ran her for another day before the code came...
  13. L

help me find the problem. Front end noise?

its your hub assy, no doubt about it, i have had the same issue three times now, they run around 85 bucks, easy to replace as long as your bolts are not seized on. just make sure your bearing seal on the back side of the hub is in tact, if it is torn or missing you will be replacing your hub...
  14. L

What number transmission is your truck on?

third in my 96 (4r55e) first let go at 99k , second at 140,(thanks cottman) my 04 is still factory at 65k
  15. L

Hood Lift Gas Struts

my 96 and 04 have them from the factory but on the 96, once the factory ones went out, i have gone threw several replacement sets in a matter of months. The after market struts are horrible.
  16. L

Assateague Island -- summer 09

should not be a problem for me to attend, I live 20 minutes away. I know the beach very well also.
  17. L

Assateague Island -- summer 09

just to let everyone know, I am a member of assateague island mobile sportfisherman association. and I know for a fact if you are going to have a get together, you will need to obtain a permit if there are going to be more than 50 people attending, the permit can be obtained through the national...
  18. L

wanted: suspension or body lift in maryland

will do. thank you. by the way will that come with all that I need to do the instal l or will i still need the steering adapter etc. etc.
  19. L

wanted: suspension or body lift in maryland

Any one have a suspension lift for a 96 x they dont need of want anymore in the eastern shore, Maryland area? Will suffice with a body lift also if no used suspension lifts are available. thanks
  20. L

ignition lock cylinder help.

o.k. here is the update, I picked up a lock cylinder for 20 bucks, went into my garage, picked up my 5 pound thor hammer, and beat the living crap outta the pin, it blew into the lock and walla, lock is out and new lock is in. All back to normal. thanks for the few ideas thrown about.
  21. L

I have tried turning as mentioned, I have had that problem before also, I have also found replacing the keys with new ones also worked once before, but now I tried 4 different keys (all for the same truck). I will replace the lock if I could get it to the run position to pop the locating pin in...
  22. L

anyone? a little help is all I ask.
  23. L

my ignition lock cylinder is froze, I put my key in and cannot turn it in either direction. I cant move my steering wheel because it is locked and I tried everything to free it. Question is , I know I need to put a punch in the hole in the cylinder and pull it out with the lick cylinder in the...
  24. L

Fog lights in a 3rd gen XLS?

i put aftermarket fog's an my 04, I took the covers out where the tow hooks are supposed to go and mounted them there and it looks factory.
Back