Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. U

Tranny ok now, but quit running?

Cranky Trany Happy Now Well, guess I learned a few lessons...again? My 93 Explorer Limited is running like a top again, thanks to filling all the fluids and not trying to haul a heavy boat and trailer up a steep grade in super hot weather. Funny though, coolant was very low and so was...
  2. U

Feel Really Dumb...but Happy! Rick's note to check fuel pump for sound rang a bell in this old head! My truck has had a non-functioning gas gauge ever since I have had it and I couldn't justify $300 buck to fix it...so I guesstimate...usually get 250-300 mpg? Well, not this time...240 and...
  3. U

I topped off the fluid in my tranny after it overheated pulling a boat uo a hill and it ran fine and tested and shifted fine with no slippage. I thought all was going to be great...but no! While I was at it I topped off the coolant in radiator thru the radiator cap not resovour...and even...
  4. U

Uncleo

Decision time for old Explorer??? Sorry to be slow responding, but busy yesterday and worried about if truck would make it back down to ramp to launch boat after I did PMS, zincs, lower unit hydrofoil and new bottom paint?...fortunately it did! Down hill doest not seem to be a big issue...
  5. U

Uncleo

Thanks, will try that first, but have bad feeling this is gonna be a rebuild tranny...hate to sink more into it than the truck is worth...we'll see. Thanks
  6. U

Uncleo

Explorer Tranny Problem after towing boat Greetings [/B][/B]all...I've been following these posts as a new member for awhile and found answers to all my questions without having to post a new thread...until now. I have a 93 Explorer Limited V6 auto I bought almost 10 years ago used and it...
Back