Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Show off your exhaust!

I dont have the pics of them both lit up, I still havent gotten around to wiring up the second one. Heres a pic of my tip when it was on a single exhaust: I was thinking about going with the Corvette style quad exhaust. Y tips on one, Y tips on the other. But then I thought, no, I have...
  2. M

Show off your exhaust!

Heres mine... StreetGlow LED tips, Flowmaster 40 muffler, removed 2 lower cats and single in dual out.
  3. M

Transmission!?

I have about 76,000 or so.
  4. M

Transmission!?

I have full trans fluid, I checked it. I checked all the fluids, all good. And I dont rev it up all the way, I keep on the gas until it gets to about where I would shift it, let off, normally it shifts, then I get back on. And telling me these details about EPCs, and valve bodies is like...
  5. M

Transmission!?

1999 Ford Explorer XLT, 4.0L V6 SOHC, AWD, Auto, (Intake and exhaust are only performance-ish mods) Ok, so this isnt a 911, but it IS important that it gets fixed!!! I have to treat my X like a manual! 1st gear, step on it, RPMs go up normal...only stay up, no shift, let off gas, get on gas...
  6. M

How to for a "floating hood"

lol, they are if you want 'em to be! I actually cant seem to find them lately...
  7. M

Yea, I have seen when you do that, to add 2 hood pins to the back of it, by where the fender meets the windshield area. Both sides. www.fordmodifications.com has a list of crazy cool things you can do to your car without paying the massive costs most companies charge. Floating hood, floating...
  8. M

anti theft bypass?

Actually, you dont have to. My parents bought me an '99 Explorer XLT, and it didnt come with e key fob thing, so I got one off eBay, and programmed it myself. Cost like $20 witout shipping. Look in your manual or google the way on how its done. You have to like, turn it to ON, then flip it...
  9. M

Looks like we can use my 95' for a crash test dummy!

That, or if your like me, which alot arent, but theres an automotive school around here called CACC, lots of teenage guys trying to fix anything and everything automotive. They would pop a dent out for free, and charge you just for paint and maby $10 labor to fix stuff... Im getting a paintjob...
  10. M

Springfield/chatham, Il

THE PERFECT BLEND: CAR AND TRUCK SHOW Hosted by Grounded Customs: Car and Truck Club (Im in it) May 19, 2007 Chatham Town Square, Chatham IL 12:00am-9:00pm Anything with wheels is welcome, cars, trucks, bikes. Your beater, your daily driver, your souped up monster truck. Anything will...
  11. M

Exhaust question

wow, definatly probably goign to buy those! THANKS! So there are 4 cats then? Because I definatly only saw two. The two right behind the passenger front tire. Wheres the other 2? Or are those it? 1999 Ford Explorer, 4.0L, V6, AWD, Auto
  12. M

What to do about muffler rattle?

I had kind of the same problem, my heat shields, across my entire exhaust line, had bust welds on one side or another. I simply pryed them off, and everything is still fine. Nothing gets too hot, or hot at all. I have been told they are just there so if you run over anything, whatever it is...
  13. M

Amber Strobe Light ?'s

Try StreetGlow, they make alot of bright strobelights
  14. M

Exhaust question

Ok, this is only a temporary set up untill I can buy high flow cats, $150 each from www.andysautosport.com. I dont have the money yet. Right now, I have a bust cat up front, and a olt in my muffler. I am not an engine/exhaust mechanic, my specialty is lighting. Can I lop off my cats, use a Y...
  15. M

Looking for mods with little $$$

Muffler rebuild thing... Yea, lol thats why im looking for cheap mods, just stuff to make it look and perform alot better for the show. im thinking right now, of simply getting a $20 Cherry Bomb muffler, and cut off my cats, run a Y pipe to the single inlet muffler, and maby run duals after I...
  16. M

lmfao, small world then huh? lol our show is hosted by my car club, Grounded Customs, were calling it The Perfect Blend: Car and Truck Show, we have sponsors coming out to judge audio, neon, body work, best car and best truck each catagory, and a whole lot of other stuff. Anyone is welcome...
  17. M

well..the angle grinder you have to go around the pipe..it works...but takes forever, I trimmed my tailpipe for a resonator tip to fit on. As for the Kickers and neons...those stay...those are whats going to win the neon glow off at The Perfect Blend car show on the 19 in Chatham...lol
  18. M

Im not doing what he suggested: What would cut through exhaust pipe metal best? A sawsall, or an angle grinder? Im going to to cheap, cut out my old muff, and add in a $20 Cherry Bomb muff. Just for some sound, and to "fix" the hole in my OEM muffler. I have the angle grinder, but a...
  19. M

lol spare tire will be removed here shortly, That was #1 on my list of things to do this week. My CHECK ENGINE light came on whyle I was out of town, it says Misfire on CYL 3 (checked at AutoZone). So I have to get that fixed...and $20 isnt really out of budget.... I'd just have to save for...
  20. M

Hello, im looking to do some relativly cheap performance mods for VERY low cost. Alrady done are: TT 3-4" TB cable shortened Open cone filter w/crankshaft breather( =cold stock intake) Drag bars on rear leafs (lowers 2") Hole in the muffler with Cat #1 broken (muffler hole releaves about...
  21. M

Bump'eddy bump-bump lol
  22. M

My cats are broken! I think...

lol yes...i know this....but if there is no backpressure from either the cats...or the muffler, then the engine cannot run... For this I dont know why. I lets say....drove it....pretty hard....multiple times Sat night... it runs a little smoother now and dosent rattle as much lol.
  23. M

Sweet!!! Thanks man!
  24. M

OK...here-goes Materials Needed (what I used) 1. A Ford Explorer 2. 2 strap hinges (8 inches) 3. 9 screws 4. 4 bolts 5. 4 nuts 6. Several wrenches 7. A perminant Marker 8. Tape 9. 4 Sheets of 4x6" metal (I used the stuff more for lumber, has lots of pre-drilled holes! Double them up...
  25. M

My cats are broken! I think...

lol, im not taking oit off perminatly, just till I get new cats. Theres way too much backpressure, and releaving the system of the mufler should let most out. Can the ceramic in the cats eventually come out? Because today it seemed considerably quieter actually...after some....hard...
Back