Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

FYI - HF Elec. Winch & 'Farm Jack' - Sale

I picked up the HF8000 model today, with the mounting plate, and the 1 year no questions asked warranty for $291.58. I can deal with a slow line speed for a savings of $300-$600 off of a warn. Besides, the wife would never sign off on a $1k winch. ;)
  2. T

My Brother lost $10

Yep, he was still learning the finer points, like when to hit the throttle. :) this bumper used to be on my Jeep - now it resides here :thumbsup: was in the process of herculining my whole Jeep until, the very night this picture was taken, I shattered my ankle playing...
  3. T

My Brother lost $10

Long story short, last summer my little brother built his explorer up big. Low and behold he is convinced it can outperform my Jeep and decides to make a small brotherly wager of $10. The bet is that he can make it through a nearby pit while I can only hopelessly bog myself down into the mud...
  4. T

What would cause a tire to lock up?

Well I took off the tire and drum today and one of the shoes was completely off of the shoe backing plate. Not entirely sure how that happened, as I see no leaks anywhere and my master cylinder does not look low. Would that have been the culplrit? Or was that just an effect of the wheel locking up?
  5. T

What would cause a tire to lock up?

Today as I was driving to work I managed to get a big scare, I went to stop, going 45 or so, and the drivers side rear tire locked up on me, under minimal braking pressure, IE I touched the pedal and the wheel was locked. It was the first time I had to use the brakes today, besides stopping...
  6. T

Best experience...ever.

Looks like some decent mud, time to get locked!
  7. T

Earlier on CNN

I heard them say real quick that Ford is going to recall 750,000 Explorer's due to faulty transmission's or something along those lines. Now, I can't find a single thing on it, anyone else see this so I know I am not going crazy?
  8. T

HELP!!! 2002 DIES WITHOUT WARNING- 5 times

Only thing I can think of is the alternator died but that doesn't make sense with the dash remaining lit and starting right back up. Maybe some kind of short?
  9. T

dead

It was probably one of those oil change and check all your fluids for ya....so you wont have this problem again types...
  10. T

Axle shaft thrashed/+stuck/+live entertainment

ahh hell, if everyone is posting addresses.... syoung8@twcny.rr.com
  11. T

Axle shaft thrashed/+stuck/+live entertainment

Couldn't agree more with that statement
  12. T

Stuck hood -94 XLT

Try having someone pull and hold the latch inside the truck while you try to open it. Or after pulling the latch in the truck, try pulling up on the hood a bit to make it "pop", then open it as normal. Hope that helps, I had the same problem a few weeks ago, thats how I went about fixing it
  13. T

31's on a stock Explorer?

All your answers can be found here answers here and it varies truck to truck, some can fit, some cant
  14. T

2002 Jetta

And now to add to the woes of this vehicle, has anyone ever heard of rear brake pads going out at 24656 miles and taking the rotors with them? We just took the car in to get it inspected it failed due to the rear brakes. I always thought the fronts do the majority of the braking? But the fronts...
  15. T

Going to 31's

The change in gas mileage will be minor but will be amplified since your speedo will be off a bit and will appear like your MPG' went down ever further
  16. T

Door won't close properly

Wouldn't it probably be just the pin's and not the whole hinge though?
  17. T

painting the whole truck with bed liner

I am thinking about doing this exact thing to my truck, but going a bit higher up the doors, about half way. I never thought about doing the interior, but now hmm..... More things to think about before next summer
  18. T

Haynes or Chilton?

I've only used a Haynes, so thats my vote.
  19. T

Speedometer

So theoretically, you could pull out that gear, and drive...without having any "real miles" added to your odometer?
  20. T

Doing a couple things to my truck over vacat..

Along with new brakes, bearings, etc... I have a clunk in the front end, when going over bumps. So I figured I might as well do the radius arm bushings, or at least attempt them. My question is, in the following picture of the underside of my truck, is that big nut thing (thats sort of off...
  21. T

Who sleeps in their Ex?

Do you have any plans or diagrams for this? I would love to put something like that in the back of my X but unfortunately I have very little imagination or ability when it comes to carpentry. But I could probably follow a diagram, etc, pretty easily.
  22. T

Ball Joint Press

I think Pepboys rents tools out as well?
  23. T

94' XLT Won't Start

I had the same thing happen not too long ago. After not driving the X for 4 months, the battery was dead. Just hook it up to a charger over night and that should do the trick. BTW, where in Syracuse are you from?
  24. T

94' XLT Won't Start

Sounds like a dead battery, try charging it
Back