Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

What are these pipes?

Thought that but its almost at the very back of the vehicle. Guess these are the rear compartment a/c lines...
  2. R

What are these pipes?

Wrapped in foil over the left side muffler, Dripping what appears to be water/condensation?? Thanks!
  3. R

2013 XLT Caliper Slide Pins

Very interesting. So I guess it is what it is, and shall remain a mystery for a while longer. I did lube my pins with synthetic brake grease. Not because folks said the bushings would swell, just because its what I had on the shelf and always use. A little tap on the head and it slid in just fine.
  4. R

2013 XLT Caliper Slide Pins

Gotta stop losing sleep over this one, but can't find a definitive answer anywhere. I just installed new front rotors and pads on my 2013 Explorer XLT. The driver's side upper caliper slide pin and passenger side lower pin has a rotating plastic or rubber collar/bushing at the end. It's only on...
  5. R

TPMS/Low Tire Pressure Warning

New technology is both a blessing and a curse. After all this aggravation and research, on my way into the service center this morning to get the one defective TPMS unit replaced, the fault message disappeared. This after 3 long days of driving. Odd, but good I guess. Maybe like a toothache...
  6. R

My tires get rotated every 6-8,000 miles. Why is it important to know which wheel has the newest sensor?
  7. R

Never mind...I guess. The "Low Pressure Warning", turned into a "TPMS Fault" this morning. Service guy says his reader doesn't even recognize the left/rear sensor anymore. He says batteries in them die, and sometimes just disturbing them a little makes them non-functional. Seems like a...
  8. R

Sorry if this is a re-hash, but my patience is wearing thin. Service station patched a flat today on my 2013 XLT. Low tire pressure warning light is still on after driving a good 30 miles. Will it ever go out on its own? Do I need to buy the $14.99 Amazon reset/re-learn tool to do it? I know I...
  9. R

Yet another headlight complaint.....

Low beams: High beams: Both about 25' from the wall. Would love to know if this is the same beam pattern you folks have with OEM halogens. High beam seems way too high. At 25' it seems high. Beyond that, I pretty much light up tree tops. Thanks!
  10. R

Yet another headlight complaint.....

I have a 2013 XLT. I've read most every thread about poor headlight performance. I did the 9005-to-9011 upgrade. Yes they are brighter. But my question for today (not looking for an LED, HID, etc discussion), is why do the high beams light up the tops of trees, a good 30-40+ feet up in the air...
  11. R

2013 XLT Suspension?

I've got very low mileage Bridgestone tires at about 38 psi.
  12. R

2013 XLT Suspension?

My '13 XLT is at Sayville Ford as one of my horns died last week, rear toe link recall, chattering front windows, and maybe a leaking PTU which is sending some nasty burning fumes into the cabin, and maybe toasted the transfer case. Other than that, its basically fine. Thank God for extended...
  13. R

2013 XLT Rear Bumper & Backup Sensor

Backup touch screen response is the same with sensors disabled.
  14. R

Now I get it. Will try it later.
  15. R

I've seen a couple of different brands of bumpers on Fleabay and Amazon. Was just looking for a known good brand. Haven't tried turning sensors off and back on. Not sure how, but all the others work, so not sure that would help.
  16. R

Yeah, so in the pouring rain last week, dumba$$ me backed into the cement base of a light post at Lowes. Not a crash, but a good hit. No dents, but scratched the black lower part of the bumper only, not the painted part. Tried wet sanding out the scratches, and it just turned the area white and...
  17. R

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Easily done in like 3 minutes using Forscan software. There are several different choices for the number of "blips". So far, 5 is waaaay better than 3.
  18. R

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

Received my upgraded cargo light back from Dan Smith at DAYTIME BriteLites, so now the interior LED conversion is complete. Also met yesterday with a great Forum member, most generous with his time to do the Forscan mods I wanted: Bambi mode, GPS while driving & turn signal/lane change from 3 to...
  19. R

No Glove Box Light

Everything went according to plan. A bit of wire snaking involved but no removal of the console needed, and works like a charm. Finally have a glove box light in a box that has most everything in it, except for gloves. Its the little things..... ;)
  20. R

No Glove Box Light

I know this is an old thread but I need to thank you for doing all this research. My new-to-me 2013 XLT also had no glove box light. I just purchased p/n 8A5Z-14413-A (switch & bulb) and 3U2Z-14S411-EHA (Wire assembly). They are indeed a perfect match! The dealer gave me the switch for $17, and...
  21. R

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

I didn't try it as I don't have Forscan or a laptop, but know someone who does, but haven't met with him yet.
  22. R

Thanks. So does that mean TPMS can or cannot be displayed in a '13 XLT?
  23. R

Can Forscan be used to actually show tire pressures on the display of my 2013 XLT? Same way this guy did it on his Fusion... Thanks.
  24. R

Bulb out message

I can confirm that. I just realized last night on my '13 XLT that both my driver's side puddle light and backup light were out. No message anywhere.
Back