Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

95 limited 4.0 PUSHROD swap with99 SOHC

Well, a budget ? Haha. I'm actually swapping an SOHC for a friend. Hers a 99, has an issue she couldn't handle. The rear chain guide passenger side is making hella rattling noise. I'm assuming it's loose. So when I swap another into her truck I thought I would consider her good running SOHC to...
  2. A

95 limited 4.0 PUSHROD swap with99 SOHC

1st off, I apologize if this is posted previous. I am losing my vision and have hard times at times trying to read. So I have a 95 limited 4.0 PUSHROD. For almost the last year it has pretty much run like crap. I have changed many things and with vision loss also comes the frustration of not...
  3. A

Under hood wire harness. HELP (please)

@BKennedy, thank you for that information. I will see if I can afford one this next payday.
  4. A

I would get pictures to help me explain, but if I remember I never was successful in posting pics on here. I have schematics in the Haynes and Chiltons. You know what, I will figure it out. It will take me 2-3 times longer to do it, But I can do it myself.
  5. A

I have thought about splicing new wires. The part of the harness that melted is I believe the wires down to the autotrans. Up along the drivers side of block and I believe runs over to the drive a tire inner fender. 2 or 3 plugs under and behind the EEC test plug and almost under the brake...
  6. A

I got the truck back. I'm trying to figure out if the wire harness can be "dissected " so to speak. Or will I have to go from passenger headlight to driver taillight and replace sure harness. I have trouble seeing much detail anything much more than 1 1/2 ft fromme.
  7. A

Ok Hello All. First off, I LOVE THIS SITE. You ever have one of those "I don't want to sell it to him, but he needs a vehicle and I don't have a place for it. BUT THEN REGRET SETS IN. I had attempted selling my 93 4Dr to someone last october. Well, he doesn't want ti, care to or even...
  8. A

95 Explorer, trans quesfion.

About 4 days ago I bought a 95 Explorer. I was told it had just started slipping in transmission so the nd "mechanic" changed the fluid and filter. I went to see about trans flush yesterday, but to start with the shop confirmed my thoughts, the " mechanic" filled transmission 2 1/2 qts...
  9. A

91-94 X Schematics / Diagrams

head gasket,,, Yes its a 4.0,, remove exhaust manifolds,, Spray well with wd40 or PBBlaster a few days before starting to loosen them up, remove intakes,, actually a haynes manual from autozone or oreillys will tell you what you need.
  10. A

91-94 X Schematics / Diagrams

Broken link, Just a quick not to whomever,, This link below is no longer valid. I got a 404 error. Page cannot be found,, yadda, yadda.
  11. A

Starter clicking

Starter Clicking,, A bunch of years ago I was in Las Vegas and was driving the same truck I am driving today. I pulled into Am/Pm to get gas on the strip up past Circus Circus. I had just been at a car wash and trying to rid my engine of the road grime and built up fluid leakage from many many...
  12. A

New Guy from Oregon

I am just a few great big hops skips and jumps from albany,, ok about 20 miles to be honest
  13. A

New Guy from Oregon

Hey all,, I went to register here a few minutes ago, and it said I did almost 2 years ago,, Well anyway, it struck me funny anyway,, I didnt remember doin it, Anyway 100 miles south of Portland Oregon here, :exp: Aaron
Back