Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Fordmandan87

Help! Won't run smooth over 2000 RPM

i agree about the cats possibly bein clogged that fits the bill perfectly
  2. Fordmandan87

Engine dies when you let off of the gas pedal.

i second iac (idle air control) valve. my brothers truck did that and the iac fixed it. besides when you think about it, its function is to allow a controlled amount of air into the engine in order to control the idle.
  3. Fordmandan87

92 explrer xlt wont start

just see if you getting fuel in the first place locate the schrader valve and see if fuel comes out
  4. Fordmandan87

john deere ranger

no the riding lawn tractors are key start so mine will be but awesome thought
  5. Fordmandan87

john deere ranger

should have the 140 decals next week
  6. Fordmandan87

john deere ranger

yes i planned to have the logo on the tailgate where the ford logo was
  7. Fordmandan87

john deere ranger

I have a 94 ranger 4cyl stick shift and with the power steering whine it sounds like a hydrostatic lawn mower. so far i have the wheels painted john deere yellow and the truck is green . my head liner had been falling down since i bought it and been filled with cigerette smoke by the previus...
  8. Fordmandan87

1993 Ford Ranger Trans

sprocket see if it does the same thing at 70 and what rpm are you at when you it 65
  9. Fordmandan87

Camber?

i assumed that also but i want to make sure i am giving suspension correct advice if ya know what i mean
  10. Fordmandan87

1993 Ford Ranger Trans

well to add to checking level how does it smell and what color is it? my vehicles were purchased with over 140,000 miles on em. with an explorer with federal emmissions i got 12-15 with california 15- 17. however my gear ratio was 3.27
  11. Fordmandan87

1993 Ford Ranger Trans

well what engine do you have and how many miles are on your truck.
  12. Fordmandan87

Camber?

recshooter what year is your ranger
  13. Fordmandan87

1993 Ford Ranger Trans

Well you have probably the best gears that you can have for what your driving conditions are. I beleive that is is a normal condition for that truck. the truck is at a point to either it wants to shift to 4th or stay in locked up 3rd. its almost like being at 45 mph on a level road. it wants to...
  14. Fordmandan87

Ranger Owners: Show Off Your Truck

the best part is it was only 300 bucks
  15. Fordmandan87

Best Locker for a Daily Drive w/Open 8.8?

lock rite is pretty good no replacement of carrier is neccessary if you relearn how to drive with one it can be unnoticable
  16. Fordmandan87

Ranger Owners: Show Off Your Truck

bought another one 94 2wd 4cyl 5sp color john deer green
  17. Fordmandan87

Camber?

yes the inward or outward tilt from top to bottomas veiwd from the front is camber. for you it will be a little bit easier for you than I to correct it(i'm in the rust belt) . 9 times out of 10 the front springs sag and since our ttb front ends camber relies on proper ride height you can either...
  18. Fordmandan87

1993 Ford Ranger Trans

well sprocket your gear ratio can affect everything as far as grades go . so my first question to you is what is your gear ratio(or at least the code on the door.) is your engine tuned up and as far as keeping it out of over drive just move the lever into the d position. this will allow for...
  19. Fordmandan87

grille ideas

heres mine with ranger grille and no bumper and with bumper and muddy
  20. Fordmandan87

Grandma's 91 X. From Stock To Rock!

lucky ******* you have no rust to deal with but any way and an upgrade to the wheels wouldnt be a bad idea those rims are 15x6 bigger tires look better on wider rims imo
  21. Fordmandan87

94 Explorer with codes: 172, 327, 332, 543, 538

congratulations martin if you dont mind my asking what is yor gear ratio?
  22. Fordmandan87

nope i got that from the fordtechservice web site that the ford service techs have access to (one of the benefits of workin for ford) fuel pressure is fine and is not causing the code your o2 sensor is probably defective 327 is unrelated to 172
  23. Fordmandan87

for code 327 koeo sensor type/applicible vehicles - DPFE/ (Thunderbird/Cougar (Calif), 3.8L Taurus/Sable (Calif), Thunderbird SC, 3.2L Taurus SHO, Town Car, Mark VIII Crown Victoria/Grand Marquis (Calif) Ranger/Explorer, 3.0L Taurus (Flex Fuel)) DL1 DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE (DTC) 327: INDUCE...
  24. Fordmandan87

i have an idea i will copy and paste word for word diagnostic routines from for for your codes. would that work for you?
  25. Fordmandan87

how many miles are on it, i had an o2 code on one side just recently i replaced the sensor and the code is gone so it is possible for one side to have a bad sensor (normally if there was something wrong with the engine then both banks would be affected), do you have a u pull it junkyard in your area
Back