Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

My 91 sport trac, though it wasn't always a sport trac

I think I have seen the pics at cordomain. Check that out. I think its categorized by year so search it that way.
  2. P

Rowher Flats (So Cal) Feb 1st

I am leaving for San Diego later tonight, but I'll be up here in northridge again tomorrow, I am wondering if the rendez-vous is still at the In N' Out off of Sand Canyon at 11:30. If so just give some heads up. Oh and since I my sweetheart can't make it, is there still space? one or two seats?
  3. P

Quick Q about HU power...

I am wondering why my system's volume shuts off but still lights on when I bump for a few days. I have a sony explod hu and a legend 1200 wtt amp to two 10'' audiobahn subs in my car. I have the same set up on my X but with different equipment, My question why does the car shut off and not the...
  4. P

sounds great but I dont think my baby could make it since its 4x4 isnt engaging properly and i have no mods yet, but I want to give it a shot anyway or at least tag along.
  5. P

I was wondering if someone could provide the exact address or name of the location for this saturday. I tried looking it up on the net and it couldn't find Rowher Flats so a little help please. Thnx :chug:
  6. P

FUEL PUMP OR INJECTORS...?

yeah , this I tried and still nothing. how much do fuel filters and pumps go for on average?
  7. P

Another Paint Question:

alright will do thx !
  8. P

The SoCal Crew

whaahoooo! I ll go but the only thing is that I leave on for my vacation in about a week so I can't do anything till after but yeah I wanna go when i get back. I'll have to get back to you on that though.
  9. P

Another Paint Question:

strip it bare? like from all the paint?
  10. P

The SoCal Crew

yeah , yeah me wanna go! tell when and where. oh and where are those locations you mentioned?
  11. P

first and foremost, thanks for the input. I am going to change the fuel filter and change the plugs, they are a bit old. My question now is what type of filter is best for a high mileage X? Oh, and I am getting the check engine light, that I think is due to the fact that something in the fuel...
  12. P

The SoCal Crew

Where's a place to off road in so cal? something mild, that an X w/out a lift can handle. Nothing serious just fun.
  13. P

Another Paint Question:

OK, Like so many first gen. X owners, my X is also suffering from the paint cancer. A paint guy told me it was due to bird droppings and the sun. What I was wonderin is if I sand the areas around the spreading cancer will that prevent it from spreading even further. I wanna save up for a really...
  14. P

I have a quick question. My X iddles very rough, sometimes ****ting off while in gear. I was wondering if this is due to a bad fuel pump or dirty injectors. I suppose I should also change the spark plugs. Is there anything else I should be lookin into besides this? Thanks in advance for the...
  15. P

The SoCal Crew

Hey, I wanna go too. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
  16. P

My 91 sport trac, though it wasn't always a sport trac

hey, what happened to the pics? nothing but litle x's now! I wanna see.
  17. P

Quick, Need answer right, truck's not moving

Seriously, guys, I am missing school because my truck's not working. Everything was fine unilt i stopped by for some KFC and when i was going home the X cranked but would not start. It wasnt like the battery was dead or anything but it seemd like there was no fuel reaching the motor or something...
  18. P

Good budget Subs

A very nice, quality sub that wont put a dent in your wallet is the competition subs, Hollywood Excursions. I tried them for a while and i have yet to hear better sound quality for that price. At one point the 10'' out performed a set of 12'' JBL's. check'em out !
  19. P

Amp shutting off Head unit!

Figured it out. It turns out that the h u was shutting off b/c the power wire was also connected to another source that indeed was overheating the internal components of the hu. The amp is compaible but the installation was what caused this to begin with. the only thing we still cant expalin is...
  20. P

Amp shutting off Head unit!

I think that my amplifier id shutting off my head unit. It seems that whenever I had the system running and bumpin' the head unit would shut off after maybe a solid hour and 1/2. I would notice that all of a suden there would be no sound and then out of nowhere there was sound again. What i...
  21. P

UNBOLTED RANCHO!!!

Post deleted by moderator after repeated requests to not type in all caps.
  22. P

radius arm bushings

I too, replaced my radius arms bushings on my 92 last week. apparently i did alot more work than I needed to. I removed the bolts behind the arm itself and and compressed the spring, removed the shocks and finally the idler arm. I then moved the arm forward. The only problem i had was alingning...
  23. P

Engine shuts off after I take my foot off the gas pedal

A professor of mine said that this couyld simply be a vaccum leak somehwre along the lines. An explorer came in with same problem, it stalled when it was stopped. He simply inspected the engine, by the way his check enginer light did not copme on, and found that a single vaccum hose was...
  24. P

BOGNER WARNER 45-05 FAILING TO ENGAGE

Post deleted by moderators after repeated requests to not type in all caps.
  25. P

How realistic is swapping a bodies on same year Xs and how much should I pay for one?

Post deleted by moderators after repeated requests to not type in all caps.
Back