Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

2002 computer

Hey guys, Thanks for the input. Yes, I got it used so the card is probably long gone. I was just at the dealer & they're going to read the code later this week... don't know why they couldn't do it when I was there... but they're a dealer... sometimes they just don't make sense. Thanks
  2. P

2002 computer

okay all. I traded my 99 xlt for a 2002 mountaineer... yeah, the outside's kinda fugly. I'm sure it'll grow on me once all the other cars on the road become more ugly too... but INSIDE is really nice (in my opinion it's nicer than the ex's INSIDE!!!) The truck is awesome!!! silky smooth &...
  3. P

rear stabalizing shock.

okay guys thanks. I'll take it off & if there's no change I won't replace it.
  4. P

rear stabalizing shock.

okay guys, you know that short little shock-absorber on the back axle mounted horizontally??? well mine is pretty much useless now... I've tried getting another one & can't find one ANYWHERE except for the dealer & they want like $60-70 for it. So here's my question... Does anybody know if...
  5. P

surging cruise control 1991

Hello all, I used to have a '91 XLT with the same problem. Whenever I tried to turn off my cruise control after using it for an extended period of time, the engine kept wanting to accelerate. This made braking very tough and dangerous. The problem immediately went away whenever I turned...
  6. P

List your Explorer and the NOISES it makes!

now that I FINALLY got rid of the ping, the engine is smooth and quiet. But, I always hear the tranny belts do something when shifting from 2nd to 3rd. Sounds like I've run over some animal. EVERY door squeeks on its hinges AND the panels... so that's 2 noises per door equals 8 sets of...
  7. P

for those of you with auto-dim r-view...

Dannyboy, Hey thanks for your help. It will be some time before I actually attempt to install this thing. It shouldn't be too tough (knock on wood). But I will let you know if I come across any more questions or prob's.
  8. P

Hey sounds good. Even if it doesn't work, I'd still be interested in your diagram... maybe if you've got a digital camera or if there's not too many wires you wouldn't mind e-mailing them to me??? Thanks, Phil
  9. P

Dannyboy, Hey, that's great news. I'll take you up on the switch and a breif diagram. Is there a way for your switch to work in a '99 though? I thought you had a '94 which has the pullout switch... either way I could probably make it work... you know... a little duct tape goes a long way...
  10. P

Hey jas84, Thanks for the invite... unfortunately I'm in AR until the 3rd of Sept. But keep me posted!!! I don't have much mods, but would love to see other people's.
  11. P

Hello everyone, I admit this might not be the best topic for this board, but here goes. So I bought a factory electrochromic r-view mirror w/auto headlight function for $30. I wasn't sure if I could get it to work or not, but it was cheap... so what the hell? Anyway, I have an XLT without...
  12. P

Electrochromatic R-view

Hey, has anyone tried putting on one of those electro-thingymajiggy r-view mirrors into their Ex that didn't have one before? I have a '99 XLT with the overhead console. Does it just plug into something up there? The reason I'm asking is because there's a few on Ebay for @ $30 each and...
  13. P

not just flooding anymore...

Well, I cleaned the IAC valve today. Man, that was about the easiest thing I've ever done to a car... other than wash it! Yeah, it was pretty nasty inside. It seems to idle a little lower and smoother, but maybe it's just in my head. I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanx guys
  14. P

hey guys... Yeah, it's a '99 and no, unfortunately the warranty expired several thousand miles ago. And yeah, he checked the FPR... checked out fine. The IAC huh? Is that something that I can fix myself or do I need to take it into the local Nazi Ford dealer? I'm not TOO mechanically...
  15. P

Well, like many of you out there, I've experienced this mysterious flooding of the engine when attempting to start. But mine is a little different and I'm stuck... Every once in a while (were're talking about 5 times the last week or so) my car will be flooded... hot or cold, it doesn't...
Back