Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Installing Torsion Bars

I have tried a 2 jaw puller, it bent that. I tried a very heavy duty C Clamp, it bent the screw and broke the swivel pad off. I made a tool out of 1"x1.5" 1018 steel with 7/8 all thread and it bent that too. I am at a loss on how to get them back in place and I really don't want to take it to...
  2. M

Installing Torsion Bars

A few weeks ago I took the front end of my 97 Mountaineer apart and replaced the upper and lower control arms and all the bushings and ball joints. Got the front end back together and now I can't seem to get the torsion bars back in place. I clock the bar one way and there isn't enough...
  3. M

Made some swaybar links/disconnect today

Does the threaded rod want to bind up on the square sleeve that it slides in and out of?
  4. M

DIY Coilover Shocks

Just ordered some of the Gabriel load carrier shocks. They should be here Wednesday. Planning on pulling a trailer next weekend and my rear was starting to sag pretty good. If I think about it I will post some before and after pictures.
  5. M

My Rear Tire Carrier for the Mounty

Mine Might be for sale soon.
  6. M

Xenon Fender Flares for '98 - Offroad Use

I wouldn't spend to much money on a paint job if you ever plan on taking it off road. I have done some mild off roading and the paint has some nice scratches on it from tree branches and such.
  7. M

Reclining rear seats?

These seat definitely reclined. They even had a diagram on the lever showing that they did. I have a 2nd gen and know that the seats only fold flat. If I would have thought about it I would have taken a picture but it was over a year ago and they are long gone.
  8. M

Arby's: FREE Turkey Roasters sandwich 11am-1pm 09-06-12

Thanks for the post. Was pretty tasty.
  9. M

Blacked out bumpers...thoughts? (pics)

The entire kit cost around $100.
  10. M

Blacked out bumpers...thoughts? (pics)

There for a minute I thought somebody posted a picture of my truck.
  11. M

Purdue Car Show

Ya I am a member of the auto club. It is called PAPA. I was the president last semester. We normally have meetings every Wednesday but this week it is just elections for officers next semester. New members are always welcome.
  12. M

Purdue Car Show

The Purdue Automotive Performance Association Grand Prix Car show will be held Saturday April 21st, 2012 this year in the North Ross-Ade parking lot!!! For those of you who have attended this show in the past, you know it is always a good time. For those of you who have ...never attended...
  13. M

Herculined Pics?

When I did the herculiner I just bought the kit. I think it came with a gallon of stuff. When I did the raptor I also bought the kit. It comes with 4 bottles and I think I used 3 of them. They both run around $100. I wouldn't bother with putting the Herculiner under the raptor.
  14. M

33" tires on Ranger rims

That is a killer deal.
  15. M

Mod Time: Roof Rack or Swing Away Carrier?

I like it. Make me one while your at it. haha if only I had enough cash to make one.
  16. M

Body Lift Pictures!

I had to do it before hand. You can leave the center section on, I think I hit something and it broke off.
  17. M

New tire carrier & New pictures

Haven't been looking to hard. The only reason I wanted to find them is to laugh at them.
  18. M

Nope didn't move the truck at all.
  19. M

Well thanks to the rock sliders the side of my truck was saved the other day. I walk out of class to find these I was hoping the rock sliders would save my body and sure enough they did. Best of all the red paint that the car left on the sliders comes right off. I will be looking for a red...
  20. M

The kit I ordered was the PA kit that everybody orders. When I Herculined them I took them off. When I sprayed them with raptor I left them on.
  21. M

I really like them. Seem to do very well in all conditions I ordered it from O'Reilly Auto Parts because I wanted to pay cash. I believe you can also order it on summit racing.
  22. M

I just sprayed bed liner on them after I scuffed them up. The brush guard come with the bolts to bolt it to the frame.
  23. M

Its decent. I liked it better than the stock lights. Has a really defined cut off.
  24. M

They are the CCFL lights. They put out pretty good light. I haven't upgraded to HIDs yet though.
Back