Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

South Carolina Owners?

count me in too, i'm over in spartanburg...
  2. 9

93XLT105tr's X getting two new axles,a v8, AOD, and a NP205

yep, all is well. got some new wheels, new distributor, new fuel pressure regulator, plugs and wires, and it runs great. The engine is very strong and solid. The steering is horrible as predicted. I can only go about 45 mph with dual steering stabilizers on it. But this was not meant at...
  3. 9

i dunno if she's gonna make it this weekend... the distributor's bad, and the drag link is rubbing on the tire... only way it'll make it is if it is trailered. EDIT: alright, well the distributor started working right tonight for some unknown reason, so we'll hurry up on the brakes, and it...
  4. 9

Uwahrrie, NC Run - November 29-30

ya whatever, i understand about the liability thing, it still sucks, but y'all don't have be such @ssholes about it. If y'all are what this club is all about I don't want to be any part of it. And likewise i'm sure you don't want me to be a part of it.
  5. 9

I'm just saying... it seems unfair to not even attempt to allow u-18's to participate. And seeing as i wasn't even trying to start anything, i was just addressing what a lot of teenages would think was unfair... you're acting pretty immature, another stereotype of u-18's(however in most cases...
  6. 9

hum, that 18 rule is bull. i can see where y'all are coming from on that. but, it won't matter for me anymore this Friday. I bet you could get a parent to sign to liability waiver. maybe a possibility? It could get a lot more people involved. edit-oh yeah and by the way? how come no...
  7. 9

i said fawk it for now. i'm just working on getting it running, got farmers day this thursday, and it's got to be at least driveable for that. However, I will make some hangers and some new shackles as soon as possible.
  8. 9

so close...more pictures soon. She cranked up today.
  9. 9

naw, not a 3/4 ton dana 44, plus its got a locker in it, plus lower gears
  10. 9

BoatsRcool-yup, i'll probably enter cause it's 48 bucks i think to enter, and it costs more than that for a pass each day. But yeah i'll be there all three days. kinda embarassing, but i go to broome high... Coryl-ya, geocities said i exceeded my data transfer rate yesterday, you can only...
  11. 9

Ya he didn't wheel it very hard. I guarantee those shackles won't bend or brake, but you really think it will bend the frame? what about some type of reinforcement on the frame? I really don't want to mess with those shackles. I doubt I will wheel this hard for a while, at least not until I...
  12. 9

alright guys, i'll shorten them. This is not my daily driver, so it won't be on the road much. coryl-i'll run those axles as is till they break. i have NO money at all to beef them up. a buddy of mine ran a 10 bolt with 38x15s for over a year with no problems until some bearings blew a...
  13. 9

it's all here... Dead Link Removed
  14. 9

a few upgrdes but which ones?

I've heard conflicting stories about them... Although more people have said they are crap. But some people swear by them. So basically I haven't helped you any... you're welcome.
  15. 9

LikuiD

great buyer! great communication, very quick emails, kept me informed! Easy dealing! would sell to again...
  16. 9

a few upgrdes but which ones?

no clue what the lines goto anymore, just air lines, KKM kit said plug em up. Not too many things you can do without getting serious besides intake, exhaust, and chip. There's not too much you can do to those engines.
  17. 9

Super Swamper TSL/SX

definitely don't run sx's if you do highway driving, they are hard to balance and very loud. But mainly you'll be getting a massage from these tires. They come out of balance all the time, they are the worst super swampers for the road next to the boggers. If you definitely want...
  18. 9

Is there an award for the muddiest X?

yep, windshields are towel cleaned. ran out of washer fluid on the trail. lesson learned... fill up before you go out.
  19. 9

Is there an award for the muddiest X?

gotcha daddy right Dead Link Removed
  20. 9

South Carolina Owners?

Spartanburg, where in greenville, eastside or westside? also BoatsRcool is from around here, he and his buddy are on explorerforum.com.
  21. 9

James Duff 2.5

i had 33x12.50 Super Swamper Radials on 15x8 rims with the james duff kit on. They had no chance to fit at all. Had to put on a body lift and they still rubbed under no compression when i turned. But I could cut a little sheetmetal and make them fit perfect. No trimming in the rear...
  22. 9

Solid axle on a 98? lizardtrac

leafs would be much easier and cheaper; but coils would be better for clearance, travel, etc, but more expensive and just a little more difficult to install. All depends on the money! If the money's there, go coils!
  23. 9

93xlt105tr

Fred was also a great buyer. He had a quick payment, great communication, and was very nice. I would sell to him again without question.
  24. 9

BigBadFred

Fred bought my KKM and cleaner. He was very nice, had great communication, and was very prompt with his payment. I would sell to him again without question.
  25. 9

How much trimming for 35x12.5 tires?

i'd say maybe two inches...you never can tell until you actually have it on there
Back