Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

94 Supercab Splash SAS

Away to long Hi guys and gals. I havent posted in quite a while. Not alot has changed Changed my stereo system, changed it again, and third time is a charm. Lost a clutch and an axle bearing. Mainly driving and turning heads. Showed in a couple of shows, Brake N Limits in Selma NC in...
  2. 9

1999 Ranger SAS (Dana 44/Ford 9 Inch)

Hey man your truck looks great how dose that bronco box work for ya. I need to try one on my wifes Montero but I've been to buisy with my Volksrod project to even think abought a 4wd.
  3. 9

What 94 Crawlers Been up to

A while back the Volksrodding bug hit me. So I ended up with a 74 Type one standard bug. The plan is to eventualy chop it 5" maby a split oval clip, if i can find one, rag top, and a bigger motor 1915cc or prehaps a stroker. Right now however I'm just trying to acheve the volksrod stance and...
  4. 9

94 Supercab Splash SAS

Oh and those are the 1 ton cheby joints. I bought the kit from Ballistic Fab. Joints weld in bungs dom. The knuckles are reamed but un fortunatly with the lift they bind when the driver side droops. A problem that will be cured when i get my chevy outers drilled for high steer.
  5. 9

94 Supercab Splash SAS

Hi guys It's been a while since I have posted or even been on the EF. Around Christmas the zf started making a noise Input bearing I think. Due to a stack of excuses I have yet to fix it. Hopefully by the end of the month the Ranger will be in the shop again and I will get the tranny fixed/ I...
  6. 9

94 Supercab Splash SAS

Abought 12" longer than stock I'd have to mesure them i dont remember.
  7. 9

94 Supercab Splash SAS

The curves that concern me are ones i should realy slow down for any way. On the highway it is great. I'm more concerned with some driveability issues right now.
  8. 9

SVO42's 1-ton SAS

That hub looks like something from the breaks rubbed on it at some point as it is ground smooth and sort of rounded maby a misplaced brake cable or a ebrake link that fell out. If the seal fits tight I would probably use it but to each his own right you have to be happy with it. Also those ring...
  9. 9

94 Supercab Splash SAS

It turned out well so far as width goes. With 15x8" wheels it would have been narower. But it rides great, there are some curves It wont take very fast, but the ride is smooth even up around 70-80 mph. The shocks are a little stiff but other than that and the odd ocasional bang from the locker I...
  10. 9

Crawler's wife's project sas (Montero?)

One more this thing is goint to be tall just because the body is already tall.
  11. 9

Here are some pics from friday. I still have to box in the leaf spring mounts. I cut off the rear track bar mount. I removed the nerf bars they were in the way and need to be replaced with some sliders. They were only held on by 2 bolts. The last pic is approximatly how high the rear will be.
  12. 9

Oh the axle is almost the perfect width it is only 1" wider wms to wms.
  13. 9

I started on the rear first. The factory suspension is a radius arm set up with coil springs. All of the suspension bolts are 16mm including the shock bolts :crazy:. Since I have no bracketry to go off of I will be moving things around untill I get it where I want it. I have the old rear out and...
  14. 9

94 Supercab Splash SAS

A few more. Any other shots you guys want just let me know.
  15. 9

94 Supercab Splash SAS

The ZF5 came in 3/4 ton behind 351w's. Just remember late 5.0s are a diferent imbalance than the 351 and use a 5.0 flywheel. (one of my more painful mistakes.)
  16. 9

Thanks I'm going to get started today.
  17. 9

Thanks RangerX. She is. We have been best friends since we met. A matter of fact one of our first conversations was that we had the same tires 31x10.50 15 BFG A/Ts. Every since I started going bigger she has also wanted to go bigger. The Old man Emu kit is rediculous for 2" of lift. So I...
  18. 9

94 Supercab Splash SAS

thanks guys I'll get a straight on pic over the holliday
  19. 9

"Will This Work"

I realy cant say any thing that hasen't been said. Damn fine crafstmanship.:thumbsup:
  20. 9

I hope It's ok to post this here. The wife and I are starting the sas on her Mitsubishi Montero, and while this is not a ford product I have gotten a lot of ideas from members rides on Explorerforum as to how I will complete this build. Any feed back will be great. Here is the plan. We are...
  21. 9

94 Supercab Splash SAS

and a few more
  22. 9

94 Supercab Splash SAS

some more
  23. 9

94 Supercab Splash SAS

Wow It is finaly time to start my sas thread. 94' Ranger Supercab Splash Engine 95 roller 302 from a f150 GT-40Y heads GT-40 Intake 1" spacer for intake FMS roller rockers Comp Cam Pullys, brackets, timing cover, and watwepump from v8 explorer. Custom snorkle in the works (air cleaner 125...
  24. 9

94 Crawler's sas thread #1

Also my fuel pump was not cutting it so i purchased this from a guy that drag races in the outlaw street class It has one pass on it. It's an aeromotive eliminator pump good to 1600 hp supercharged. It has a no. 12AN inlet and a no. 10AN outlet. This is way overkill but it gets the job done.
  25. 9

94 Crawler's sas thread #1

Ok I havent posted in quite some time. First off do not do the superduty pitman arm mod the splines are just big enough that they never completly seat properly. THIS MOD WILL KILL YOU ON THE ROAD. That is where my steering slop was coming from. I wanted to post a pic of my lower spring pearch. I...
Back