Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

exhaust options

In mine, I replaced the stock muffler with a Flowmaster and used the existing pipes. Then I added a 13" long Flowmaster exhaust tip. When looking at the existing exhaust routing, I cut the pipe behind the tire and angled it out like JohnnyO's. Mine appears to be a little tighter inside but...
  2. E

Exhaust tips

Now that my factory 36k warranty is up, and I've put my bigger tires back on, I'm now going to get a new Flowmaster and K&N. My biggest concern right now is what to do with the exhaust tip. I'm planning on keeping all the original piping excluding the muffler swap but I want to do something...
  3. E

Great deal on CAI

That's a different version. For the one he purchased they sell for $273. Still much better price though. The biggest shock that I saw was that $45 shipping fee from that company, seems very excessive.
  4. E

Quick Advice needed. Buying an 07 Limited, 4WD, V8

For those prices they better have a tonnau cover. To get one from the dealership will cost over $1500. I can't remember the price exactly but it's not something that you'll want to have to purchase later. I got mine for around 20k with every feature except memory seats and sync with 28k miles...
  5. E

Key question

Your locks may have seized up because they never get used. You should be able to get a new key cut from the dealership though as a spare. I've had them cut a new key for an ex-girlfriend's car but it is an entry key only, DO NOT use it in the ignition. Because you will most likely drive the...
  6. E

Quick Advice needed. Buying an 07 Limited, 4WD, V8

This may be too late, but I'm going to have to agree that the price is high. You should be able to get that for around 20k I'd say. There are so many different options available that you really need to look at all the smaller items. Does it have keyless entry? Audio jack? Tonnau cover? I...
  7. E

New 2007 Sport Trac - worth a look

I have to wait until my warranty runs out before I do much to it, probably will have to take the rims back off when I take it in soon. I'm not planning on lifting it at all. I'm going to get a Flowmaster 50 SUV, intake, and flasher for it by the end of the year. That's stage one, and then...
  8. E

Painting the Frame

Just get a can of spray and go to town. I've done it before, not really a science and it improves the look but won't last forever....so then get another can and repeat.
  9. E

New 2007 Sport Trac - worth a look

Ok, bear with me, it's been a while since I've really participated around here so I may need a little reminding about some of the rules. Here's the deal, picked up a 2007 Sport Trac V8 a few months ago. I've been creeping around trying to find pictures and tire information for a while...
  10. E

Anyone with a 1998 SOHC inside please

Maybe this repsonse is too late, but I haven't done any posting on this site in a while. The valve is designed to open up around 3,000 rpms. This allows the air to cross between the two plenums, and balance the pressure and get better flow of air. It would be like putting an H pipe on a true...
  11. E

Question about the keyless entry

The 50/50 is going to save you time by not having to mix it with water. It's essentially a water blend. I guess it would be like if you could buy two-stroke gasoline with the oil already in it vs. mixing it at home. I don't know if that makes sense or helps at all.
  12. E

Lets hear it! Vote on raised letters in or out?

I've always liked the look of white letters out. There is nothing that says "clean" more than a set of freshly scrubbed tires. I've only washed my rims and tires before and my friends thought I washed the entire thing!
  13. E

rear blower...

Mine has the full console, with air and all the radio controls in the rear just like the 4dr.'s.
  14. E

mid michigan winter run

Where is there around GR? I've never really heard much of anything. Road between Ada and Lowell? Fulton (M-21)? Vergeannes?
  15. E

ABS light on...how bad?

My ABS light has gone on because my hub when bad and little metal shavings were blocking the sensor. Something to keep in mind since it could have been much worse when my hub blew out on the highway. Luckily I was able to limp to a place where I could fix it. Just something to think about if...
  16. E

Front end noise

Check your swaybar endlinks too. The bushings on my were bad, so it caused bumping noises then hitting bumps due to the extra play. Cheap $30 fix if it is, and if it's not you've only lost about 1 minute checking.
  17. E

Where can i find a replacement JBL Subwoffer

I replaced mine on my old '93 EB one with a JL 6" W0. I don't remember if you need any special harnesses, but I know that has been discussed before in other threads.
  18. E

To Remove The rear rotors

We've used a jaw puller to put some pressure on it, and then some real hard smacks with a big hammer.
  19. E

Explorer Won't Start

Have you tried jumping it? Mine will do the same if the battery is low enough. Enough power to run everything else, but not enough to run the starter.
  20. E

Starter Solenoid Help

That's where it is on a first gen., easy to find, but it's not in the same place on the second gens. I haven't looked for it, so I couldn't really tell you.
  21. E

straight pipes?

I had it on a 1st gen, and it wasn't the greatest. Very loud in the cabin, and lots of highway drone. Definately wasn't going to do it again on my Sport.
  22. E

Just Wanna Get This Done!

Definately get the 4dr. springs. If you don't, you'll most likely end up wanting them later. When you're doing the shackles it'll save you time later by not having to come back and replace the springs. Even better yet, do shocks, springs and shackles all at once. If you have to take...
  23. E

Removing yellow road line paint?

I've actually been able to remove spray paint and paint from other peoples doors :fire: with bug and tar remover. Takes some patience, but worked. Worst case, you're down a couple bucks and can use it for many other things. Don't know how tough the road paint is, but just a thought.
  24. E

average labor cost of catback

I got quoted about $150 for muffler install and 2.5" stainless pipe. That was a competitive price around here. My Flowmaster 50 series was $248 out the door for everything (minus tip, which I still don't have)
  25. E

how high will our temp sensor read?

I just found this in my girlfriend's pictures, this was a couple weeks ago.
Back