Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

2004 AC issue. Need help

No reading on high side 92 outside Idle and blower on high max air Windows up Blew for about 15 minutes before checking Air never cooled down at all
  2. J

2004 AC issue. Need help

My friend has an 04. His AC is blowing warm. When we hooked up the bottle to charge system, gauge was reading in the red, about 150psi on low pressure side. Then the compressor kicked on and pressure dropped down to about 25 and the compressor kicked right back off again. Took about 5 seconds...
  3. J

2008 explore 4wd front passenger cv half shaft HELPP!!!

Can you describe the whole process? Do you have any pictures? Any special tools?
  4. J

Do I need to remove the hub I just installed? Remove the knuckle? Anyone know where I can see a step by step?
  5. J

Does anyone know how to replace the passenger side cv half shaft??? I did the wheel bearing hub but accidentally put a cut in the cv boot.
  6. J

Driver side power seat problem

i believe the power seat memory function can be disabled from the info center can't it? try turning it off and see if it still happens.
  7. J

Need help bad - shaking, sputtering.

today is the third day i think. still perfect.... knock on wood.
  8. J

Got code P0353 So I.... 2008 explorer EB v6 4.0

when i think of the original code i got, i wish i would have known the white wire on the coil harness was for cylinders 2 and 6. matched that with the code, i could have put a meter on that wire and figured out there was a short in the line.
  9. J

as you can see, i wrapped it up pretty well. i went with a fabric high temp exhaust wrap, and then covered it with damn near a whole role of electrical tape. as long as my splice holds up, i think it will be fine.
  10. J

I placed the point of the pencil on the spot that went to ground. You can't see the metal bracket the wires are attached to because it's blocked by the wires.
  11. J

thanks. i'll try to post pictures tomorrow.
  12. J

Need help bad - shaking, sputtering.

check my post about my eddie bauer. similar thing just happened to me. here's a link.... http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=404545
  13. J

06 V8 Explorer coolant leak.

on the outside of the boots or the inside? :eek:
  14. J

update... last night, i replaced the coil again, replaced the plugs on cylinders 2 and 6, and i wrapped the hell out of the the group of wires near the pcm that had the damaged wire. In case anyone else ever goes through this, i want to explain where the group of wires is that caused my...
  15. J

2008 Explorer PCM

Did you ever find the pinout? I need it too!
  16. J

No ford techs around???
  17. J

There were about 5-10% of the strand cut. I put a splice in the line.
  18. J

update... still running like ****. when i pull the wires off the coils, im getting sparks on all of them. however, when i pull the wires off of cylinders 2,6 at the coil, the engine stays the same. when i pull the wires off of cylinders 1,3,4,5 the engine runs even worse...
  19. J

ok. i replaced the plugs and wires tonight. truck is still running terrible. no codes are showing. i started looking around to see if i could find a vacuum leak or something and i found a wire sparking against a metal bracket that holds the large group of wires. the wire is all white and...
  20. J

no i didnt. i figured since the coil replacement brought spark back to 2 and 6, that the plugs and wires must be ok. am i wrong?
  21. J

today, my truck was running terrible and had no power. i left it run in the driveway for about 20 minutes, and finally a check engine code came in. The code was P0353. Ignition coil C Primary/secondary circuit malfunction. i pulled the wires off the ignition coil one at a time, and on the...
  22. J

2007 Mercury Mountaineer deployable power running boards

i followed this procedure BUT I was unable to make the moving parts move freely by standing on the boards. I was able to make them move by spinning the motor. is there any chance my model of boards does not move freely even when the wedge is out?
  23. J

2008 e.b. making an electrical ringing/buzzing noise

i am intermitantly getting a ringing/buzzing sound coming from the passenger side interior of my 08 e.b. explorer. anyone else have something like this? the noise is really hard to explain. kind of sounds like a seatbelt dinging that is dying.
  24. J

2008 Eddie - Worth What $$$, Advice Please

bought my 08 e.b. about a month ago. its loaded. paid 21k and change. about 23k out the door.
  25. J

How to: 2nd Gen Blend Door Quick Fix

damn! i posted this 4 years ago, and people still getting something out of it. glad i took the time to post it!
Back