Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Who's Here From Florida?

I am down in Cape Coral and I was very active on here several years ago with the Tampa/St. Pete/North Central FL guys. Life pretty much happened and I lost tuch over the years but I do miss how much fun it was going out on convoy trips and offroad events. Would be nice to regroup at some point! -JT
  2. T

leaf spring bushing sizing and suppliers

I don't mean to revive an old thread, but I have seen two different stories for the front eyelet of 99-01 Explorers. Story #1 Says I can use Kit #4.2124 as long as I don't remove the spring's front eyelet's bushing casing (Even though the instructions say to do so for the 90-94 Expy). Story...
  3. T

Lowering a 95-01 ( torsion bar front) explorer

Anyone running KYB MonoMax on their lowered Expy's yet? I got them for a steal and it was time. They claim 40% more damping performance than their OE spec shocks. This is 15% stiffer than their second stiffest shocks (Gas-A-Just at 25% more damping performance). I am lowered 4 inches and the...
  4. T

Swapping the LH torsion bar with the RH

By re-indexing, are you implying I remove the key and replace it one "tooth" over? I suppose that would only temporarily fix the situation as you are essentially "pre-loading" the bar more?
  5. T

Thanks for the replies! For the record, here are some important details: 1) My driver's side torsion bar is cranked up almost all the way, while my passenger side bar is cranked down almost all the way. 2) I can still swap the rear leaves as an option as I have not done that yet. Would you...
  6. T

Thanks for the replies! For the record, here are some important details: 1) My driver's side torsion bar is cranked up almost all the way, while my passenger side bar is cranked down almost all the way. 2) I can still swap the rear leaves as an option as I have not done that yet. Would you...
  7. T

Before you answer, there’s a few things I want to clarify. First of all I am aware that the bars are orientation-specific and designed strictly for their intended side. Second of all, I am sure this topic has been covered in one form or another before, but more in a general sense. In this...
  8. T

Let's see your 2nd gen street trucks in 2020!

Not a terrible investment when you consider I got the truck for $780 and about $500 in TLC maintenance. Also I do my own work so all the custom stuff was next to nothing. Hopefully I can cut some labor corners on the SC. Just trying to see where I can get the kit now since it seems that company...
  9. T

Thank you and subscribed! I'll see if I can muster up the energy and willpower to do this. Maybe during the coming winter here in Florida which is cool and dry.
  10. T

Nice setup. Did you use the Xterra intake manifold mod for the blower? I'm still trying to put together a way to do this there are tons of these vehicles at the local yard.
  11. T

Thanks! It just felt like the right thing to do with a five-speed rear-wheel drive. Here's an old one I have. I have to definitely take more rear angle pics.
  12. T

Haven't posted in awhile. Here's my latest setup. I'm running Navigator 17in wheels, 235/55/17 tires, flipped torsion keys up front, 4" angled lowering blocks in the rear, polyurethane bushings front and rear, 3:73 LSD with 5-Speed, Dynomax Cat-Back exhaust, custom cat delete, K&N cold air...
  13. T

5MT 4-Doors

Wow that's crazy! I've owned abou or eight different explorers and mountaineers including some two doors in there but I don't think I'm getting rid of this one.
  14. T

Post the pics of your wheels here!!! STREET TRUCKS!!!

Here's my latest experiment. Navigator 17x7 wheels with low pros lowered. 5-speed truck.
  15. T

Post the pics of your wheels here!!! STREET TRUCKS!!!

20x9 I believe and I think about +20. This was so long ago I have to look it up again LOL
  16. T

5MT 4-Doors

How rare are the 5MT 4Drs? I scored this 4.0 OHV last Summer with 89k miles and didn't want to let it go because it was in such great shape. Just wondering if they are unicorns because I haven't seen any others.
  17. T

Misfire P0306

Nothing at all???
  18. T

Misfire P0306

I know this is a 4-month old thread but I'm curious if this was ever solved. I too have a 00" 5-Speed Sport OHV with a diabolical P0306 along with a P0171 that just will not go away. Thanks for providing us with updates.
  19. T

Code P0301 and Ocassional P0171

Well, I pulled the lower IM, and found the Gasket to be in pretty bad condition, as well as the intake runners being overrun with gunk. I cleaned everything up and bought a gasket. There were no detectable vaccum leaks from the spray test, but I have seen a lot of people with misfire problems...
  20. T

UPDATE: the hose that goes from under the throttle body (Evap return hose I believe) was completely collapsed and cracked all over. In an effort to start ruling out possibilities and weed out the false alarms, I replaced the entire assembly with tough 3/4 transmission cooler return line hose...
  21. T

Well, my 2000 Sport OHV has been acting up since I replaced the upper intake gaskets, DPFE, IAC, and EGR valves & hoses. Before these replacements, the truck was giving off a P0171 (Lean Bank One) code which is a common problem with leaky plenum gaskets on these trucks. The problem is that now...
  22. T

No start after intake manifold gasket job. What am I missing???

So I did a pretty big replacement job on my Explorer this weekend after discovering a vaccum leak coming from my upper intake manifold (plenum). Replacement parts include: New Intake plenum Orings, New intake plenum gasket, new exhaust manifold gaskets, new DPFE Switch, New EGR Valve, New EGR...
  23. T

99 Sport OHV - intermitent hesitation when warm

Did you ever find the solution to this? No news is good news?
  24. T

Who's Here From Florida?

Lots of fun first meet and plenty more to come. Still got my street Expy and two Mounty's. Everyone will be there next meet it will be huge!
  25. T

Going Down About 2" with a Rake - Questions

The vibration always existed, although at different intensities depending on which blocks I was using at the time. So far the setup that has worked best is 2" angled blocks with the smaller wedge facing the rear of the vehicle. I tell ya, my truck is weird...:confused:
Back