Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Dave is losing coolant!

Ended up being 2 cracked heads.
  2. B

Dave is losing coolant!

Found out it was coolant leaking into Chamber #4, head gasket or possible cracked block. O well either way its going to case at least a grand. Again thanks for all your help in this matter.
  3. B

Dave is losing coolant!

My service technician believes it may be a cracked head leaking into the 6th chamber. The coolant is leaking there when idol, and getting burned off when the engine runs, They will also check in intake manifold and she if it may be leaking there, which is a less costly of a job then changing...
  4. B

Dave is losing coolant!

I did look at the radiator cap...O ring was kinda worn and a few splits. I'll replace that also. Thanks for info. David
  5. B

Dave is losing coolant!

Response Thanks for all your educated responses. Within a few days I'm having the coolant system checked for leaks or pressure tested. I'll inform as to the outcome. Also thanks for the info on the spark plugs. Will take everyones input and work on this issue. Dave
  6. B

Dave is losing coolant!

It's hard to say if the exhaust is whitter than normal because the mornings are still cool here in Connecticut. It may be. What may it be ??? If its very white at the beginning??
  7. B

Dave is losing coolant!

Its hard to say , because the mornings are still quite cool here in Connecticut. I guess a little whitish than normal. What are your thoughts
  8. B

Dave is losing coolant!

2000 Explorer XLT V-6 4.0 liter Excessive antifreeze consumption the past few weeks. I have changed the thermostat, looked for any leaks, nothing. Sometimes you can smell antifreeze from under the hood, and exhaust. No leaking outside the vehicle or inside. Any help will be greatly...
Back