Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Blk Grill Guard on Blk

I have'nt got one yet but my plans are for a black powder coat so I can paint it to match my red x.
  2. J

Firewall troubles

Their is no good hole for it.You have to drill a hole.It's not that hard a job and if your worried about moisture use a rubber gromet(can be purchased at any auo store) which is a little bit harder a job, but well worth the effort,If not just use silicone caulk to seal the hole.
  3. J

someone got jealous of Vegas's lights :(

YOU"LL SHOOT YOUR OUT!Look for a kid named Ralphy.
  4. J

How dumb can someone be?

Come on guys stop making fun of me!!!! J/K
  5. J

Sony gps reciever question?

I just won a Sony NVX-F160 navi map gps system on ebay.Problem is that it is like 6 years old and it comes with California and Las Vegas map software,I know little about gps and was wondering if anyone has had expirience with this system,and also how I could come about getting new software with...
  6. J

Air Conditioning

Hey welcome to the site!I have'nt done this yet but there was a discussion a couple of weeks ago in the conversions section.
  7. J

Don't forget to Dynamat

It's like a giant roofing shingle.Oh and the stuff is called weather watch.
  8. J

Don't forget to Dynamat

BLAST! Don't use the GAF water watch,I unrolled it and it had grip type surface like a roof.Does anyone know were to buy that high temp mastic?
  9. J

Should I be concerned with heat??

Use a hole saw and make two holes next to the window and then put two fans inside one going in and the other out.
  10. J

Water in my lights...

Try using an air compressor with the blower attachment.Take the bulb out and just blow the water out.Try and locate the leak and use a silcone sealent for it.
  11. J

Stock Sub Replacement

I did an 8" I remember someone putting in a 10" Thats what I want to do next.It was pain but well worth it.
  12. J

ANY one from NY?

Ya I kinda figured the cops are always stopping someone it seems.I'm having fun just driving on the backroads it's beautiful country(almost as pretty as texas) but their is alot of orchards.
  13. J

Don't forget to Dynamat

It does'nt smell.I think it's that ice gaurd,it's made by GAF Matrials Corp.Yall remember that stuff that some guy was giving free samples of,well I think this is the same stuff or atleast close to it.I could never find it in Texas but now that I'm in upstate New York,Home Depot carries it.150...
  14. J

Don't forget to Dynamat

I doing my entire truck this weekend with that sticky rubber roof liner, pulling it all apart can't wait!
  15. J

Quick question and favor.

Thanx I might try that!!
  16. J

Thanx!I guess i'll find a different way.I'll put pics up,it's in there already took about 15 min.Easy, you can fit full din just so yall know.
  17. J

I'm putting the sony xe-744 full din eq in the ashtray old location, and I want to use the wire harness for the power and ground. Only problem is I can't remember if the lighter is always powered or is on the ACC switch.Can someone check for me I have a 91?Thanx in advance.
  18. J

Good Websites?

www.ritop.com has a cool one under class projects
  19. J

92 xlt console & changer problem!

www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12964&
  20. J

Amp location help

Found it www.ritop.com it's a 94 ,awsome install
  21. J

Amp location help

I've seen a web site(can't remember what it was) it was for an installation school it had an Explorer with the rear panel takin out and they built an amp rack so they could stack the amps on top of each other with space between them.It looked really nice and total stealh.Mine are under my back...
  22. J

ANY one from NY?

I'm up year New Burhg (or how ever you spell that) in Marlboro.
  23. J

A-pillar Spotlight part II

Damn that's sweet :eek: I've been wanting to do that for a while now.My friend has a salvage yard with a bunch of wrecked sqaud cars but I could never fiqure out how to get the lights off.Which model light did you use?That is so @#%$% sweet!
  24. J

How to add a new power outlet in cargo area

www.galls.com has one but for like $70 .I've seen them cheaper but can't remember where.Check out a local car parts store they should have one.Oh ya performance products has them.
  25. J

How to add a new power outlet in cargo area

You could get a Battery Buddy or similar product pretty inexpensive it prevents dead batts.
Back