Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

rusted out evap tray under spare

Went to the bone yard yesterday to look for a spare steely rim for my spare. And saw a evap charcoal tray made of plastic so i took the whole thing out of an 02 sport. Was a direct fit into my 98 4.0lcanisters and all. I know alot of you guys must have rotted out metal ones.
  2. J

Just lifted my X, have a?

With just load levelers in the back my 98 was at 33 in front and 33.5 in rear, with my 31's its at 35 front 35.5 in rear
  3. J

What did YOU do to your Explorer today?

Just finished installing carrier,pinion and axle bearings. No more whine, also installed my 31's. Rides like new.
  4. J

Not all today but, replaced full rocker panels 86ed the runningboard, pin stripe and body molding. Added 2001 front bumper, new headlights and tail lights, painted wheels bumpers and rockers, componded and polished paint.
  5. J

Those rusty rockers

Yes 3m weld through, im welding through the back side to keep the pinch weld clean looking. Im not doing a restoration just trying to get a few more years out of it. 200,000 plus miles on her.
  6. J

Those rusty rockers

7. J

Those rusty rockers

Yes i did cut all rust out, but only the rust, i always try to leave as much good original metal if possible. I used a combination of welding and 3m panel adhesive. I am replacing the whole outer rockersimply because I am not putting the running boards back on and didnt want to contend with...
  8. J

Those rusty rockers

9. J

Those rusty rockers

Replaced about 36" of inner rocker panel, fitted dog leg, and made patch panel for inner lower fender.
  10. J

Those rusty rockers

and it starts
  11. J

Those rusty rockers

Well, i bought two dog legs but after i removed the running boards i see that the rust goes all the way to the front doors. Lol. So i just orderd full rockers. I will post some progress pics.
  12. J

Painted my wheels
  13. J

Dat Saggy Butt

I just put the monroe coil overs on my 98 lifted it 1 3/4. I also put new leaf spring isolaters and dorman replacement shackles.
  14. J

Painted grill body color(pics)

Yeah I am thinking of doing that, just concerned about how the paint will stick to the bumpers. I have used a lot of protectant on them over the years.
  15. J

Thanks Thanks, Not bad for a rattle can Huh!
  16. J

I just scuffed,cleaned, primed and panted, Paint stuck good! Yes I used Duplicolor clear about 6 coats.
  17. J

Thanks Fixxxer, Yeah that Porter-Cable buffer is one of the best things I have ever purchased.
  18. J

Just got done painting my faded out crome grill on my 98 Ex xlt. Used Duplicolor touch up paint and it matched perfectly! I also bought a Porter Cable 7424 polisher and highly recommend it. It made my truck look like new, a finish I could never get by hand.
  19. J

Help!! No Reverse

Well I pulled the trans today, It is the trans and not the transfer case. On the side of the transmission right next to the reverse band the case is punced out about the size of a pee. That is where the fluid was leaking from. Oh, and ford engineers are on the pipe. Lol
  20. J

Help!! No Reverse

Thanks, yeah it has 140,000 on it. so I am going to pull the t-case and check it out. Man the timing just sucks big time lol.
  21. J

Help!! No Reverse

How would a transfer case make it work in all forward gears but no reverse?
  22. J

Help!! No Reverse

Ok here's what I did, Friday night I replaced the vb gaskets and the first/rev servo o-rings to see if this would solve my problems. It didn't work. When reverse went on Thursday it made no noise, nothing at all just like it was in neutral. On the way home after the vb gaskets it started...
  23. J

Help!! No Reverse

Thanks guys, Looks like the fluid is coming out of one of the servo's? on the passenger side, dripping on the converter. I thought if the transfer case went it would have no gears? forward or reverse?
  24. J

Help!! No Reverse

Oh well no help needed. It just took a s**t completely. Grinding ,banging fluid all over the place. What a mess. Ford wants $1900 for a reman. Looks like I will r&r it next week.
Back